Things That Make You Go Hmm?

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmm?

Postby selective_soldier » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:05 am

:arrow: When a guy brags about this awesome girl & she’s never available for you to meet her.
:arrow: His music collection
:arrow: He's always evading dates with girls,& or the red face when a girl hits on him or pays him a compliment
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:53 am

Has more shoes than Imelda Marcos.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:23 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:Is married and "bi"

Usually a red flag for me that there's some issues of self-acceptance and internalized homophobia, in my opinion.

Stop attacking people. Sure you have your opinions but if its about another user, just keep it to yourself. Remember your opinions are subjective.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:58 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:Is married and "bi"

Usually a red flag for me that there's some issues of self-acceptance and internalized homophobia, in my opinion.

Self acceptance and internalized homophobia? LOL! LOL! You kill me. No shades of grey for you,eh? Bi guys are mentally inbalanced? :lol:

Besides, having someone who lets me, "have my cake and eat it too"(your words, not mine) is, in my opinion, a wonderful thing, don't you think? Who wouldn't be happy? 8)
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Guy that avidly listens to lady gaga...
(or has an obsession with her for that matter)
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:26 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:A guy younger than 50 that uses word like wonderful, fabulous and lovely in casual conversation... :mrgreen:

:!: I had met this guy and I was considering dating him at first but thought we should learn more of each other first.
At first he seemed pretty cool. Into similar music, was on the track team. Not exactly my type of guy physically but i was willing to over look that. Eventually after hanging out with him i got annoyed of 'That's lovely' 'How lovely' 'Oh lovely', and 'Im so fat'.
At first he never said any of this, and i was alright with him. After that...only friends, i couldn't stand it. Plus he used drugs which i didn't like neither.
He was completely different than i had thought on first impressions.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:41 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:LOL What would've totally turned me off is the "I'm so fat"...

I have met guys that are absolutely fine...fit, in shape, and a decent height to weight ratio,and they still go "I need to lose weight" ugh.

Things that make you go Hmmm?

A guy that is not a swimmer and shaves/trims any part of his body below the neck...

That is what turned me off. He said that a lot.
And you don't understand how skinny he was.
I was also turned off because he wore skinny jeans, and was so smooth, and i don't know. I prefer my guys not so skinny but not overweight, and on the hairier side. But i tried to make an exception for personality and that kind of ruined it as well.
I also don't care for clothing, but for some reason it bothers me when guys wear tight pants.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Lol i use the microwave...
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:14 pm

BurgosPRman wrote:Guys that make a big fuss about what they cook and/or eat ("I did some filet de whatev'a with a delicate whatever sauce and some tangy rolls of thisN'That with a delicious souffle d' crapeh...)
:lol: (makes me feel that I'm talking to Martha friggin' Stewart and not a dude)

A guy making a big fuss about cooking and eating is not a dude? What dictionary are you using?
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:26 pm

People who criticize everything they know nothing about are what raises the red flags for me. I bolt the doors and start boiling the oil for immediate use... and not for food.

As regards men who cook... last time I noticed such things, it seems to me that the top chefs in the world are all men.

If you can cook, that would be a plus. I was never interested in cooking and don't enjoy it, at all. A boyfriend who liked to cook and was good at it would be a gold star boy, in my books... a real keeper. Now if he really liked housekeeping too... how lucky could a guy get?
Last edited by butch on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:44 pm

:idea: A hot girl walks in the room he either doesn’t display that lustful look st8 guys give the girls. Or He OVER emphasizes that look when all the str8 guys are in he room.

:idea: The twitchiness he displays when gay topics are brought up, he’s surfing through channels & gay stuff is on the tube & he hueeies & changes the station., all with the ..
= hurry & change conversation, cold sweat look.
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Marvinteck » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:25 pm

selective_soldier wrote:
:idea: A hot girl walks in the room he either doesn’t display that lustful look st8 guys give the girls. Or He OVER emphasizes that look when all the str8 guys are in he room.

:idea: The twitchiness he displays when gay topics are brought up, he’s surfing through channels & gay stuff is on the tube & he hueeies & changes the station., all with the ..
= hurry & change conversation, cold sweat look.

When I was still in the closet I would be riding in the car with other guys. They could spot a hottie a mile away while driving down the street. I on the other hand would be like "What are yall talking about or what did I miss?". It raised some eyebrows.

Whenever the subject of being gay was brought up I used to always get flustered and defensive. I would blush and deny up and down I was gay.
Marvinteck

Previous

Return to Stereotypes