Things That Make You Go Hmm?

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

Things That Make You Go Hmm?

Postby selective_soldier » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:44 am

What things,acts,or actions that a guy could do that would make you Hmm..????? Family??

:?: Is it totally gay for a guy to have cat V/s a dog.

:?: If a guy is neat leaves alone, when you visit, his house is immaculate, reaking of potpourri basket, would it send off smoke signals?

:?: [this pertains to some one i know casually]36 years old, nice looking, never had a girl friend??
:?: The appearance of arched or waxed eyebrows.

:?: He'd rather watch movies than wacth a game.

"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Sweeet » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:09 pm

hmmm...What's with that pinky-nail and how his wrist seems a little limp when he walks (and there's a lot of movement in the hip area).

hmmmm....She sure does talk alot about her "roommate" (which seems to be military code for "lover").
Different men often see the same subjects in different lights; and, therefore, I hope that it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do, speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.-PH
Sweeet

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmm?

Postby Screamer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:16 pm

selective_soldier wrote:
:?: [this pertains to some one i know casually]36 years old, nice looking, never had a girl friend??

Also, most people seem to be incapable of not discussing their husbands/wifes/boyfriends/girlfriends. You might know nothing else about a "personal life" but you'll know they're significantly attached. Which makes me think, do those same people realize when someone like me never refers to a wife? Well I notice it and it may mean nothing but it's there.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby selective_soldier » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 am

How about if;

:?: he frequents gyms,operas, plays..

:?: Prefers lates over beer

:?: he puts a hand guys shoulders/ touchy feely with invading their personal space.

:?: he'd rather a shopping excursion than a ball game. the woman's shoes that didn't match her outfit,

:idea: Aside from a few things, at a distance you notice he's a tabloid reading, talk show watching Fein. He'd rather watch Oprah/ The View instead of engaging in sports.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:55 am

Hmm..????A few more...

:idea: he enjoys reading men's magazines...

:idea: He has a flair for cooking, savoir faire in choosing the perfect wine and music .

:idea: he stays up to date with the latest hairstyles, the newest threads, and the right shaped shoes; grooms and buffs his head and body, Exfoliates.gets manicures, facials, & massages.

:idea: Do you iron your work-out clothes?

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby olywaguy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

Now Normen, you are listing all the stereotypes that are said about gay guys. After being on this site for so long, you should know better.

I do agree with the statement about a guy who is not forthcoming with information about their personal life especially if they speak neutrally without using his/her/he/she in conversation when asking about your personal life.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby charmcitywop » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 am

Or you "accidently" stumble upon a profile on a gay oriented website that indicates one of the twins in your spin class is gay. But which one? Or is it both of them? :shock:
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:00 pm

selective_soldier wrote: :?: Is it totally gay for a guy to have cat V/s a dog.

No. I'm a dog person but I have a cat because I don't have a life that would be good for a dog. Once I settle down, I want to get a black lab.
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby selective_soldier » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:01 am

olywaguy wrote:Now Normen, you are listing all the stereotypes that are said about gay guys. After being on this site for so long, you should know better.

ImageImage

& ironically I was going to add to the post this is tounge & cheeck. Sorta' like the " It Doesn't Make you Gay IF... Thread. I just find it cool to laugh at streotypes sometimes if the're overtly stupid, and take a pause at the stereotypes that we can find grains of truths in them.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Cachasa » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:22 am

lol

:?: He's an evangelical preacher that condems homosexuality as sinful.
Cachasa

Postby selective_soldier » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:16 pm

The one guy who on more than one occasions hugs you, & you feel his erection rub against you. & you're like... :shock: Ummm....Is that what I think I feel.... AGAIN?

Either John has prostate problems or we've gotta' talk. :roll:

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby olywaguy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:31 pm

selective_soldier wrote:
The one guy who on more than one occasions hugs you, & you feel his erection rub against you. & you're like... :shock: Ummm....Is that what I think I feel.... AGAIN?

Either John has prostate problems or we've gotta' talk. :roll:

Then talk!!!
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby DerWanderer » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:52 am

Note to self: Be far more selective about whom I consider inviting to dinner parties...
DerWanderer

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:07 am

:arrow: The friend/new aquaintence who seems awfully nice, seems to always show up where you are, or maybe a guy friend of yours.

I mean REALLY seems... to..hmmm??.. always show......????? Then it dawns on you. Is it just me, but Joe blow seems awfully friendly?

:arrow: The new guy in the gym, who now has become a work out partner. As you work out, ever so often, he seems to scan the parameter of the gym, takes more than one shower per session, in particular when the hot guys go there.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby olywaguy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:27 am

sounds like your instincts are working well, Normen. So, what's the problem? Go for it!!
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby charmcitywop » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:57 pm

selective_soldier wrote:but Joe blow seems awfully friendly?

With a name like that he'd have to be.

[rim shot]
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby nimby » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 am

Helped a 40-something single friend bring home his new plasma tv (to his impeccablly clean and stylish condo) and hook it up. While tuning in the channels, I noticed he had Out tv. Hmmmm....
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm

nimby wrote:Helped a 40-something single friend bring home his new plasma tv (to his impeccablly clean and stylish condo) and hook it up. While tuning in the channels, I noticed he had Out tv. Hmmmm....

So are you saying you didn't know he was or might be gay?
Daknee

Postby nimby » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Yup. Still not sure as he just up and married a girl that no one has ever met (she's an illegal immigrant), not even his own family, and has been lying low for the past year now. Completely dropped out of society. And he has been my friend since childhood. The best man at my wedding.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:18 pm

When a group of guys are all checking out a girl and one guy never says anything. Then you begin to notice that whenever someone mentions an attractive woman the same guy never has anything to say. That was how I was with all of my friends, I always figured that would be a huge hint since I would just drop out of the conversation until the topic changed.
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:59 pm

:idea: He suddenly gets a new "best friend."

:idea: He gains a lot of "Little of “brothers”to mentor. constantly surounded by guys.

:idea: He talks to his guy friend on the phone for hours
Unless he shares the same interest with you, what's the point?

:idea: After troubleshooting his PC, you're curiosity gets the best of you, & all you see is guys' pictures.

:idea: When Asked why he's still single the knee-jerk response is;

:arrow: I'm “looking for a soul mate”. Do you think guys normally don't believe in soul mates and spiritual powers unless they've gotten to a point where the only way they're going to get a date is through the workings of a higher being.

:arrow: “ I'm sick of games”. Could it be, Guys love games, its part of their competitive nature. What this guy is sick of is getting dumped. He wants a girl who has given up the search for a better guy and who wants to settle.

:arrow: He refers to himself as prince or king, looking for his queen or princess , and has a picture of himself wearing an old tank top in front of a trailer. Either this guys whole perception of reality is skewed, or he doesn't know the meaning of irony.

:idea: The guy who’s best quality is being nice. Think about this one. Being nice is easy. Anyone can be nice. Could it be it's the fall-back-on trait when every other aspect of his personality has failed.

:idea: The guy who uses a lot of emoticons in his post. :( (I like emoticons) :oops:

Last edited by selective_soldier on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Could there be more?... Mu haha..

Gotta' make up for lost time & a ticking clock before I won't be posting for a while. All of these come from my little diabolical mind spinning after observing & being around a bunch of hunky sweaty menzez. :wink:

No seriously, there was this one kid [25] had a few nasty comments hurled at him that he actually provoked. Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder can tell he's gay. Had the hand gesture going on, the whole 9. Which initated them singing "Working at the Car Wash".

He constantly kept bringing up gay topics, & wondered why the guys eluded to the fact that he was gay. & this is a crowd who proudly professes to being dumb as a box of rocks

Some of his topics & overt signals are embedded in this last round.

:idea: Say the guy in question is nice looking/above average looking guy. He appears to have attractive women on his arms ever so often. The women he dates all seem to sprout kids & a family AFTER they break up with him. Dayum!

:idea: Or, if he's THAT good looking, & never seems to be dating.

:idea: The Bathroom Rituals = If he takes longer than your sister does, that may be a sign that he is playing for our team.

:idea: The Diva Fanaticism= He's got waAAaay too many Divas he's too knowlegable about..

:idea: The Award Show Obsession=While talking about another topic, ask this question out of the blue: Oh by the way, who was the 1999 Miss Universe? If he is able to give you an answer.. :shock: :roll:

Put it this way, If he can tell you who won awards for the Oscars, the Golden Globe, Emmys Daytime & evening, Grammies but can't tell you who got drafted, who won last years' Heisman, world series, or Super bowl.. :roll:

:idea: The Shifty Eyes =The next time you two are walking in a mall or around a local park with numerous people, notice how his eyes move. If his eyes are shifty when he is around men, he might be gay.

:idea: The Urinal Dilemma uncomfortable using any empty urinal when other straight men are using the ones near him.

:idea: The Beautiful Strangers = I don't do the my space deal, but browse through his Myspace, Facebook or Friendster page. Is he the type to view, or add to his list of contacts, a man he doesn't know personally?

:idea: He's always angry with gay people for no reason. Does he always have something negative to say about gay people, making comments like chi chi man, butt pirate or bullet.

:idea: You get wind the girl he's with has concerns he.. erm..Always Wants To Make Love From Behind :shock: umm. umm..Well...???

:idea: I'm saving myself till I get married. Classic, used to go over well.. But now a days.. Na.. & with this one cat, I actually told him Your story has had 5 different versions in a year, so you might not want to use that one anymore, cuz that dog don't hunt.. :roll:

~OEF 2008- 2009~

selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Alliano Kiniea » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:39 pm

I ironicly fit all of these

selective_soldier wrote:[color=black]What things,acts,or actions that a could do that would make you Hmm..????? Family??

:?: Is it totally gay for a guy to have cat V/s a dog.

the cat is because my nieces are spoiled and they have a temporary cat for when they visit weekends.

If a guy is neat leaves alone, when you visit, his house is immaculate, reaking of potpourri basket, would it send off smoke signals?

i grew up in foster care and never really had very nice things, so now that i have my house, i can make it super nice, and yes i keep a potpurri basket in the upstairs hallway and the upstairs bathroom, because thats where I do my duecin'

The appearance of arched or waxed eyebrows.

I hang around a lot of hispanic dudes and its just normal

He'd rather watch movies than wacth a game.

not all guys like sports, I repsect football because it is a technological struggle
but basketball baseball and all those others are just punk ass activities.
Alliano Kiniea

Postby PhillyAgenda » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:40 pm

I'd rather watch movies than a game. I don't follow sports, no real interest. I'm definitely a movie freak. I'm sure there are plenty of gay guys who are in to sports though.
PhillyAgenda

Postby Alliano Kiniea » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:44 pm

i just don't get the people that get all worked up over the time like they're playing or something.

its not if they win, you get a trophy in the mail for being a fan.
Alliano Kiniea

Next

Return to Stereotypes