The "Perfect" Body

Are all hairdressers fem boys? Are all construction workers macho? Explore stereotypes on these and other issues here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, charmcitywop

The "Perfect" Body

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Over the last couple months I've read several articles on how perceptions of the "ideal" male body has changed over the years & what the "ideal" male body is in various countries throughout the world.

For example;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... years.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wha ... fac127c485

If I could figure out how to post photos from the above articles, I would, but I ain't that smart (que Carlos!)...

So, what's your "ideal" male body type?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: The "Perfect" Body

Postby olywaguy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Trying to measure up to the American body ideal had been a great stressor in my life. In the gay community, if you don't have the perfect body, they won't take a second look at you. They expect men over 50 to be ripped as well.

There are definitely women who married big guys. However, very few gay guys will do the same unless it is a fetish with then. There is a gay dating website for guys attracted to the bigger guys called biggercity.com and even there I had problems meeting someone there because I wasn't as big as they liked. I had that awkward weight that is to big for the regular gay guys and too small for the fetish gay guys.

Gay guys today address not interested in meeting a person to date, they are interested in an ideal body package. All this before they speak to you.

It's very distressing....This is American culture.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:49 am

I've been told there are guys who love lots of hair and fat....they're called bears. Never seen many in real life though.

That's unfortunately sad but true, Carlos. Depressing topic but very important.

:(
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:28 pm

It is a little depressing that so many gay guys are so hung up on "perfection". If I had to enter the dating world, I don't know how I'd handle it. I'm far from perfection.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Ben » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:36 pm

The question is what is each and everyone doing to not be part of the problem?
We all have our ideal type, but how willing are we to look outside that ideal ourselves?

There are guys who remain alone because they have a strong desire to land the man of their dreams and won't settle for anything "less".

Two classic examples (none of which seem present in this thread, thank god):

* The average-bodied guy who only likes ripped muscular guys. He whines about how obsessed these muscle hunks are with looking perfect, how they judge others by their body type, and how they never give him a chance to show what a great guy he is. How about he starts going to the gym? Or even better, find another not-so-perfect bodied guy and they could hit the gym together, slowly becoming each other's dream hunk.

* The fem guy who won't stop complaining about how masculine hunks never give him a chance because he's effeminate. Said example clearly has a preference towards masculine mannered men. It's not like there is a shortage of fems, and if he truly cared as little about mannerisms as he thinks others should, he would date a another fem.

Symptoms in both cases:
Laziness, entitlement, and lack of imagination.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Return to Stereotypes