Can you change the gay voice?

Talks about guys that are nellie.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty

Can you change the gay voice?

Postby dingweding » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:19 pm

There is a post about gay voice. To be honest, though i think i am very masculine man, but i do have kinda gay voice. And the problem is, you are not aware it most time. After i learned in physic class , i finally understood why. the voice you hear yourself speaking is totally different from the voice others hear you. If u want to know how your voice really sounds like , just record it, i was quite shocked when i first heard about my voice on the tape, and i really do not like it.

Because i am quite into bodybuilding, there are many ppl using steriod, although i never tried, because of its side effects. However, one of side effect of steriod is deepen your voice, that is why many female bodybuilders' voice sound like men. i was thinking, can i use it to change my voice?

Pls do not laugh at me, i just curious, any suggestion?
dingweding

Postby matinee » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

That is just silly. We all think our voices sound weird when heard from a recording. Everyone tells me that I have a loud and low booming voice but when I hear myself on a recording I think I sound like Mike Tyson.
matinee

Postby furface » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Ding: Ain't no one gonna laugh at'cha. A better option to change your voice would be a speech teacher or voice coach. Takes more work, just like bodybuilding, but lasts longer and has no dangerous side effects.

Course the simplest and cheapest thing would be to learn to like the voice ya got. Make it work for ya.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby selective_soldier » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:21 pm

I'm sorry for how this may come out [pardon the pun], but trying to alter your voice, would be like trying to surpress a fart.. you can strain & try to surpress it, but when you let your guard down, it slips out.. Image Image
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby Schlodesss » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:25 pm

I dunno Normen, there have been times where I have done what I call "bleed the foof.." and you kinda give it a squeeze, then a light push, let off, light push, let off, repeat till foof is bled. lol.

PFFFSSS...SSSS...FFFFoooo :?
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Cajun » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Schlodesss wrote:I dunno Normen, there have been times where I have done what I call "bleed the foof.." and you kinda give it a squeeze, then a light push, let off, light push, let off, repeat till foof is bled. lol.

You're one SICK puppy.......... :P
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby lendog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:03 pm

I hope you don't use steroids to change your voice. They can have harmful side effects. I think you should just accept yourself and not worry what people/society thinks. It's only because we're taught not to like ourselves that we feel badly about ourselves. You're ok the way you are.
lendog

Postby charmcitywop » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:59 pm

Although I'm not certain, I think I've read that side effect only happens to women that take steroids. But like they've said, not something you should really worry about. Your voice is your voice. It's a part of you.
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

myspace.com/charmcityvince
charmcitywop

Postby Laiku » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:59 am

does the voice really sound gay or do you just think it does?
I have only met one person, who said, I had a gay voice in my 25 years, and she said that after she knew I was gay. So all in all, think about it whether you really sound gay or just think that you do. You know "afterwards, there were always signs" :lol:
Laiku

Postby Ben » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 am

Is your voice not DEEP enough or are do think you speak with a femmy accent?

If you don't have a femmy accent you sound masculine whether you're base or tenor. Same goes with the opposite. Masculinity kinda stands and falls with the lisp, if you know what I mean.

If you talk with a femmy accent, if you're not happy with it, then change it.
(And I know somebody is thinkin it, but sorry, there is a BIG difference between the gay lisp and lisp cause by speech impediment.) :P
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
Ben

Postby matinee » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:12 am

Ben wrote:Is your voice not DEEP enough or are do think you speak with a femmy accent?

If you don't have a femmy accent you sound masculine whether you're base or tenor. Same goes with the opposite. Masculinity kinda stands and falls with the lisp, if you know what I mean.

If you talk with a femmy accent, if you're not happy with it, then change it.
(And I know somebody is thinkin it, but sorry, there is a BIG difference between the gay lisp and lisp cause by speech impediment.) :P

I don't know but Gore has a "gay" lisp and presumably he's a straight guy with a speech impediment?
matinee

Postby dingweding » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Actually i have quite deep voice, i think i just speak with very effeminate tone, and i am not aware that when i speak!

I think it can be changed, but do not know how. E.g. when i was in China, i do not speak English a lot. But once i speak English, i sounds like a typical American men, nice voice. Totally different from the voice i speak Chinese.

After being in the UK a few years, now i have that effeminate tone when i speak English, because now i have more chance speak English.

I do not know where can i find a voice coach or therapist to give me some suggestion :cry:
dingweding

Postby furface » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Ding: I'm making some asumptions here... Chinese was/is your native language and English a second or perhaps a third language. You likely learned English conversation from American films/tv and that was the first sensee of English you got. Living in the UK added the British spectrum of accents and tonalities to your English. Chinese is a highly tonal language and quite subtle in it' tones as well. Tht being your first language will have a great influence on any other languages you learn.

If you're still in the UK places to find a coach would be theater and acting schools, university language departments etc. For a therapist you might try a medical school, hospital, etc. The yellow pages (don't knw if they're called that in the UK - commercial telephone listings) may be a good start. You could also do an internet search for speech coaches and speech therapists in your locale.

Good luck with the training.

Y'all be good to yourself, now. Ya hear!
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby edu999 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:31 pm

I don't think the "gay voice" has anything to do with being deep, high-pitched, or in-between. It all has to do with the accent, the elocution. So I think "gay accent" is a more descriptive term than "gay voice".
edu999

Postby scguy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:01 pm

I think I'm understanding the issue now that you said you was in the UK a few years. Could it just be you now have a bit of a British accent and not really an effeminate tone? No offense to the Brits because I love the accent, but John Wayne wouldn't have sounded so butch with a british accent. :D Just a thought.
scguy

Postby Schlodesss » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:08 am

Cajun wrote:
Schlodesss wrote:I dunno Normen, there have been times where I have done what I call "bleed the foof.." and you kinda give it a squeeze, then a light push, let off, light push, let off, repeat till foof is bled. lol.

You're one SICK puppy.......... :P

Lane, I am, I am. But I needed Normen to know he can always be in control :o

To the original poster, you probably are just being self conscious, and sound fine how you are. I think I sound like a geek when I hear myself on a video or whatever, we all do. Just do what makes you happy, people will always find something not to like about you [us] regardless, so hard as it is, try not to side with them.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby RedKen99 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Your voice is fine the way it is. Think about Fran Drescher! She has an unusual voice and she still moves.

You know:Image My voice changes from very high to very bassy. That's why I can't just freestyle when I sing -I want to be a singer btw. If I freestyle then I don't sound that well.

I have to practice first.Image
RedKen99

Postby dingweding » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks a lot for your guys suggestion.

Let me explain, yes, chinese is my first language, english is my third language.

when i speak, if i pay attention to the pronounciation of each word, i speak in very manly voice. that is why when i was in china, i learn english from american movies etc. so i speak english with american accent, and because i am fully aware and very careful to pronounce each word, to mimic the american speaking, i might use some muscle in my mouth which i do not normally use or whatever reason, i sounds like a normal man. however, when i speak chinese, it is my native language, so i speak without any thinking about it, i will speak in a very effeminate tone, and most importantly, i do not know that when i speaking , after i heard it on record, meanwhile, some close friends also reminded me, i noticed this problem.

after i come to the UK, i speak english everyday, even most people still think i have american accent nowadays, but the problem is, now i speak english without thinking about it, the similar problem happened again, now i speak english like a female with a very deep voice, i really hate it!
dingweding

Postby furface » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Ding: I'm still a bit confused as to what you think your problem is. From your last post, I believe it's your perception that you use feminine speech patterns when you speak English. And you are sensitive to the possibility that others perceive you as less masculine because of that pattern.

The point of the exercise, life, is to be a healthy, happy man fully growed. That my friend comes from between your ears. You need to be comfortable in your own skin, know who and what you are - a multi-lingual Asian living away from your homeland. I think it's far more important for you to be self confident than to worry about how some folks might perceive your speech patterns. What you know and believe about yourself is the important thing.

If it really bothers ya, your speech pattern/tonality/cadence, find a local theater group and take some classes. Or in the alternative accept your speech and realize it's just one facet of who you are and not the defining thing by a long shot.

Y'all be good to yourself, now. Ya hear!
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby LilBit » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:46 pm

[/year-long absence]

The issue is pretty complicated. Sometimes changing languages can have a bigger effect than you think. My first French teacher, back in sixth grade, spoke English like a Smurf on helium, but she spoke French with a deep, booming voice. I've been told that I'm much more polite in French than I am in English, and I'm downright filthy in Spanish. I usually speak English with a slight Southern accent, but if I've been speaking French for a while and then switch to English, I speak a very neutral sort of English. If I switch from Hebrew to English, I end up sounding slightly New York-ish. (Go figure...)

Long story short, there are so many factors that go into the way your voice sounds, and it becomes even more messy when you're dealing with multiple languages. It takes time to figure out your own speech patterns, and even more time to modify them. You're much better off learning to appreciate the richness of your voice.
LilBit

Postby RedKen99 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:28 am

If you want it, You already got it
If you've thought it, It better be what you want
If you feel it, It must be real just...
Say the word, and I will give you what you want

Honestly I find this topic really absurd. Why would you want to change your gay voice in the first place..? You can destroy your vocal cords? :shock:
RedKen99

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:46 pm

I guess I feel your voice is kinda like your eyes... it is what it is. There are things you might be able to do to enhance it, but is is basically what ya got to work with. Like the rest of your body, you just need to accept it.
Men have only two emotions, horny and hungry. If you see a man without a hardon, give him a sandwich!
Spider

Postby RedKen99 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Spider wrote:I guess I feel your voice is kinda like your eyes... it is what it is. There are things you might be able to do to enhance it, but is is basically what ya got to work with. Like the rest of your body, you just need to accept it.

Female hormones can work...
RedKen99

Postby dracuscalico » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:36 pm

furface wrote:Ding: Ain't no one gonna laugh at'cha. A better option to change your voice would be a speech teacher or voice coach. Takes more work, just like bodybuilding, but lasts longer and has no dangerous side effects.

Course the simplest and cheapest thing would be to learn to like the voice ya got. Make it work for ya.

I know this is an old topic, but I agree with furface on the voice lessons. You just train the muscles that produce your voice as you would any other muscle in the gym. You'll be amazed at how quickly you can change things.

What you don't like about your voice is more of an accent, or acquired speech pattern than your actual natural voice. Move to the Alabama and you'll have an accent pretty quickly. Hangout with surfer dudes you'll have an accent pretty quickly. Hangout in Brooklyn, you'll have an accent pretty quickly. Hang out with gay guys, you'll have an accent pretty quickly. Hang out with rappers and you'll have an accent pretty quickly. Hangout in different regions in any location and you'll develop an accent pretty quickly.

Part of your voice is shaped by whom you hang around with the most. In addtition to voice lessons you might want to widen your circle of friends, to include people that you actually want to sound like.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 am

Just deep throat a big cock to scrape your vocal chords until you get a low enough pitch to satisfy. 8) :lol:
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Next

Return to Effeminate Men