Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Talks about guys that are nellie.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty

Postby nimby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Are you a Gemini? Because you just described me to a T.
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby stiletto » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:39 pm

nimby wrote:Are you a Gemini? Because you just described me to a T.


Nope, I'm a Pisces Sun, Aquarius Moon, Pisces Rising. No doubt there's some similarity there, though. Both Gemini and Pisces are mutable signs. And both Aquarius and Gemini are air signs. So perhaps that explains the similarity?
stiletto
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

Postby nimby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm a cusp born Gemini (May 22) and you really just described me. It's scary. But welcome.
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Based upon your SECOND description, I would be into you...but I probably wouldn't get past your choosing the name stilletto in this type of website that is supposed to be geared toward masculine ideals....(not that you should care, but this is all in context of how I've done a complete 180 based upon your 2nd [less feminine] description).
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby stiletto » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:03 pm

dracuscalico wrote:Based upon your SECOND description, I would be into you...but I probably wouldn't get past your choosing the name stilletto in this type of website that is supposed to be geared toward masculine ideals....(not that you should care, but this is all in context of how I've done a complete 180 based upon your 2nd [less feminine] description).


Thanks. Though I tend to think I do those people a disservice who are or have the potential to be interested in me.

Stilettos are also long knives used for stabbing people in the shroud of darkness/assassinations, used sometime in European history, which was actually how I intended the meaning (really, I just like the way the word sounds.)

reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiletto
stiletto
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:08 pm

stiletto wrote:
dracuscalico wrote:Based upon your SECOND description, I would be into you...but I probably wouldn't get past your choosing the name stilletto in this type of website that is supposed to be geared toward masculine ideals....(not that you should care, but this is all in context of how I've done a complete 180 based upon your 2nd [less feminine] description).


Thanks. Though I tend to think I do those people a disservice who are or have the potential to be interested in me.

Stilettos are also long knives used for stabbing people in the shroud of darkness/assassinations, used sometime in European history, which was actually how I intended the meaning (really, I just like the way the word sounds.)

But you know very well which meaning would be assumed on a gay webstie.... :wink:

reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiletto
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby PhillyAgenda » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:13 pm

I dunno, does watching Will and Grace count?

I can't help it, the Karen Walker character cracks me the hell up.
PhillyAgenda
Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby stiletto » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:14 pm

dracuscalico wrote:
But you know very well which meaning would be assumed on a gay webstie.... :wink:



True. Even not on this website, I think that's the more likely interpretation. I've brought up the word in passing to a straight friend that is very into European history, and I consider him quite knowledgable, and he also thought I meant Stiletto heels. The term stilettos as applying to daggers seems pretty antiquated.
stiletto
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Not necessarily feminine to watch it. It is a breakthrough in TV programming so a lot of people have watched it no matter what their background.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby nimby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:18 pm

C'mon Drac, maybe he looks really hot in a pair of stilettos. Better than those ol' lady pumps you always wear :lol:

(after you knock the 'ol ladies down, kick them to tears, pilfer their purses and insult their choices in clothes. BETTER? LOL LOL)
Last edited by nimby on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:19 pm

I am too misogynistic to even entertain the idea...
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby olywaguy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:40 pm

The only parts of the description that Stiletto has for himself that I would have a problem with is his cattiness and vindictive nature towards others and his moodiness. I have a mother and two sisters and I have enough of that in my life already.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul


http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
User avatar
olywaguy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:08 pm
Location: Tupelo, Mississippi

Postby stiletto » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 pm

olywaguy wrote:The only parts of the description that Stiletto has for himself that I would have a problem with is his cattiness and vindictive nature towards others and his moodiness. I have a mother and two sisters and I have enough of that in my life already.


Word. I won't lie, I find those tendencies annoying, as well. Definately not the most self-flattering of traits. It's more or less me shooting myself in the foot. However, I'm glad to have recognized it as such. When I was less aware of my faults, I certainly suffered more for them.

These days, I'm actually often the first person to admit to my faults, but I try to do it in a self depreciating way, and to avoid the whole lame self-pity thing, because I also recognize that I really don't have very much to complain about, and the whole 'woe is me' stuff just tends to bring everyone else down, so I guess you could say I mostly try to have a sense of humour about it.

I think it was more of a problem when I was younger, though. After a while (and even against my own best efforts) I learned to get over myself, and that the world doesn't revolve around me and my myopic little shifts in mood. There are still the moodswings, but I don't just let them sweep me up in their current so easily, anymore. I don't know, I suppose it's a learning process, as many things are. If I expect to get along with other people and to be appreciated, I should at least expect to make some compromises. Just 'being yourself' isn't always a good thing, because that's why we invented the concept of virtue, and manners/social grace, and such.

I think in most cases, all that's really needed is enough self-awareness to face the ugliness of one's self, along with the desire to change those things. I suppose a person lacking in either of those would be somewhat hopeless, in terms of growing past their more glaring faults.

I also find meditation tends to help with clearing my head of all that distracting emotional 'noise', whenever I feel things starting to get out of hand or stress getting the better of me. Basically just turning my attention to something more consistent and calming, like my breathing. (I suppose the whole "take a deep breath" thing people say whenever someone starts getting flustered or whatever.) Though if I can't, or if I neglect this, it seems most of my reasoning abilities just fly out the window :? Which is probably what I find most annoying. When I stop caring about reason or maintaining some semblance of tranquility, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll do something stupid that I'll regret later :roll: Though remembering the crippling self-hatred that tends to result from that often acts as a decent enough motivator not to go down that path...

On somewhat of a side note, I tend to prefer calling myself 'mercurial' (I guess because it has marginally more flattering connontations... ha), but it essentially means 'unstable'. I'd say it actually works doubly, because of the association to the Roman god Mercury (the equivalent to the Greek god Hermes, which is where the word 'hermaphrodite' comes from). Basically Hermes/Mercury was an androgyne or genderless. So it simultaneously says (at least in my imagination) that I'm both kind inconsistent or unstable; and also that I identify more with a sort of androgynous gender identity than I do a strictly masculine or femine one.
stiletto
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:08 am

Reading all that, (actually didn't make it through all of it), seemed like a droning psuedo-intellectual jackoff about next to nothing, limp and dripping with cliches. Kind of like you were talking to yourself about yourself instead of to us.

How "Frazier"of you. :roll:
:?
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:04 pm

dracuscalico wrote:psuedo-intellectual jackoff about next to nothing, limp and dripping with cliches :?


Wow, that's quite the expletive. I have a need to go for a smoke and a shower now. :shock:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby stiletto » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:22 am

dracuscalico wrote:Reading all that, (actually didn't make it through all of it), seemed like a droning psuedo-intellectual jackoff about next to nothing, limp and dripping with cliches. Kind of like you were talking to yourself about yourself instead of to us.

How "Frazier"of you. :roll:
:?


Yup, pretty much. When I'm bored I can talk about anything at ridiculous lengths. And one of the easiest things to talk about is myself. I was actually expecting that sort of response, as I'd react similarily.

Though I don't consider myself 'pseudo'. Pretentious, yes, but I usually know what I'm talking about. I'll give you cliche, though.
stiletto
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

Postby Buck » Mon May 18, 2009 1:53 pm

I can say my one, true effeminate trait is: I like Cher, but not because I have her wardrobe in my closet...lol...because I really like her voice and I grew up with her...we never missed the "Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour" and I have a few of her CD's...not a Streisand fan or Judy Garland fan, though, so at least I got THAT going for me...lol
"You can't grill it 'til you kill it"--Ted Nugent
Buck
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:44 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby nimby » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Another effeminate trait I just discovered is that I get all sappy when I miss someone special.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby DeckApe » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:20 am

Why is that an effeminate trait?
DeckApe
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby nimby » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:42 am

Good point. I guess I was taught that guys aren't supposed to get like that, but I do anyway.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby DeckApe » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:20 am

Put me down for that 'effeminate' trait too, then. :)
DeckApe
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby sealion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:54 am

my effeminate trait I reckon is wearing satin pjs to bed and sleeping in satin sheets,even though they are mens satin pjs, my RED ones are a bit femme , more so cause of the colour, but i like them anyway,when I wear black or another dark colour feel more like Hugh Hefner , only about 40years younger!!!!!!!!! I have 16 pairs of mens silk or satin pjs all up :D
sealion
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby olywaguy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 pm

sealion wrote:my effeminate trait I reckon is wearing satin pjs to bed and sleeping in satin sheets,even though they are mens satin pjs, my RED ones are a bit femme , more so cause of the colour, but i like them anyway,when I wear black or another dark colour feel more like Hugh Hefner , only about 40years younger!!!!!!!!! I have 16 pairs of mens silk or satin pjs all up :D


You must slip slide all over the place. :D
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul


http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
User avatar
olywaguy
Moderator
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:08 pm
Location: Tupelo, Mississippi

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby sealion » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:49 am

olywaguy wrote:
sealion wrote:my effeminate trait I reckon is wearing satin pjs to bed and sleeping in satin sheets,even though they are mens satin pjs, my RED ones are a bit femme , more so cause of the colour, but i like them anyway,when I wear black or another dark colour feel more like Hugh Hefner , only about 40years younger!!!!!!!!! I have 16 pairs of mens silk or satin pjs all up :D


You must slip slide all over the place. :D

Yeah can be,but I make sure I tuck the top sheet in tightly! Its easy to turn over in bed though and satin feels really nice also easy to get out in morning,just flick the sheet off and slide out to start the day, no effort to get out of bed !!!!!!!!! :D
sealion
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Postby glas_scot » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:54 am

What's my effeminate trait?

I'm a wimp. I jump at anything unexpected. I won't even go on crappy Ghost Trains at Carnivals! My friends have figured this out and sometimes will sneak up on me and scare the crap out of me! :lol:
--Steve
glas_scot
Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Effeminate Men

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron