Whats Your Effeminate Trait?

Talks about guys that are nellie.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty

Postby rickyf » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:45 am

I do the crossed-knee ankle-hopping thing when I'm behind my desk, just can't control it!
And i tend to touch my face or hair when I'm nervous and I'm talking to people, I hardely knew I did that until I saw myself on video once. Totally changed all my preconceptions of me even remotely being able to pass as straight :D

Question for Ben: is startrek or anime sub-culture-officially considered gay now too? :O
rickyf

Postby HomesickAlien » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:15 pm

rickyf wrote:Question for Ben: is startrek or anime sub-culture-officially considered gay now too? :O

Ben: Only if you cosplay as a Sailor Scout.

Ahahaha
HomesickAlien

Postby Frizzurd » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:24 pm

Homesick will you cosplay as ChunLi for me lol
Frizzurd

Postby HomesickAlien » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:57 pm

Frizzurd wrote:Homesick will you cosplay as ChunLi for me lol
Ahahahaha, now that would be a sight. I bet you want me to do that fireball pose she had, huh? Ok, but you have to cosplay as Ryu or Guile....or Blanka lol

The Strongest Woman in the World

Spinning Star Kick!

I don't think there's a game I played more at the arcade than the SF series. I'd almost hate to find out just how many quarters I fed to Capcom throughout the years. [/tangent]
HomesickAlien

Postby rickyf » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:17 am

HomesickAlien wrote:
rickyf wrote:Question for Ben: is startrek or anime sub-culture-officially considered gay now too? :O

Ben: Only if you cosplay as a Sailor Scout.

Ahahaha

But cosplaying as Tuxedo mask is ultra-manly, right? Right?? :O

Anyway, Sailor Moon's got verything a str8 boy could want: scarcely-clad girls, super battles, hard-core death scenes, lesbianism (Uranus and Neptune)... How dare you imply it's even the least bit flaming? :lol:
rickyf

traits

Postby tonyboloni » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:58 pm

I can knit.
tonyboloni

Postby rovie » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:24 am

I can cook and clean the house (when absolutely necessary).
love thy neighbour
rovie

Postby devilnuts » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:20 pm

rovie wrote:I can cook and clean the house (when absolutely necessary).

LOL...me too. :lol:
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby Negate » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:32 pm

Ugh, darn fat finger syndrome!
Last edited by Negate on Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<----Imz In your forum sabotaging yah thredz.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby Negate » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:33 pm

I tend to love it when guys tickle me lol.

that has to be the best Chun-Li cosplay EVER!

dude watching sailor moon is pretty gay. I mean look at the monsters she fights...wow teh gay! lol What about the gender bending star boys?

Homesick I could OWN/PWN you is SF! :P
<----Imz In your forum sabotaging yah thredz.
Certified rice queen.
Negate

Postby blu » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:41 pm

All of my traits are fem except:

-I cant cook
-Im messy and unorganized, cant stand cleaning
-I have a short patience for shopping, and picking out an outfit. I usually look good in whatever.
blu

sd

Postby Naka » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:53 pm

My femm Traits are

1. When I laugh, i have very high-pitched tone
2. I am way too organized n tidy.

Naka /\/
I am good and humorous person.
I am reliable and trustworthy.

L'amour n'est pas parce que mais malgre

Be Smart, Be Safe, Be Positive.

Naka /\/ /-\ |< /-\
Naka

Postby fsu_cj » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:49 am

My fem trait is that I like to bottom.....
fsu_cj

Postby medguy13 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:32 pm

One word: Bravo!
medguy13

Postby paguy17551 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:07 am

I cross my legs at the knee which is only possible for me if I wear those expensive briefs they sell in the Undergear catalog with the big pouch in the front.
paguy17551

Postby Screamer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:26 pm

I tend to be regressive physically and curl myself inward sometimes. I don't do it to feel dainty and I don't, but maybe it comes across that way. At home I relax more.

Very organized at work, but elsewhere it's controlled chaos. That could read a certain way also.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:43 am

I have too many to list here. :D
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Postby jamesv » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 pm

Because women stereotypically are more "expressionistic" and allow their true feelings show, I think the list of "non-manly' things can be very long.

Something as simple as preferring wine or margaritas over beer can be considered gay.

Even being over concerned by nutrition and eating right, (particularly if you are black like me) can be considered "soft".
jamesv

Postby olywaguy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 pm

jamesv wrote:Even being over concerned by nutrition and eating right, (particularly if you are black like me) can be considered "soft".

Eating right is not a "feminine" quality, it is just common sense. Its what you do to stay healthy and in good shape. African-Americans are at risk for high blood pressure, kidney disease, and more.

So, continue the good work.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby selective_soldier » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:19 pm

jamesv wrote:Because women stereotypically are more "expressionistic" and allow their true feelings show, I think the list of "non-manly' things can be very long.

Something as simple as preferring wine or margaritas over beer can be considered gay.

Even being over concerned by nutrition and eating right, (particularly if you are black like me) can be considered "soft".

Imagejamesv[img]http://forum.canadianfreestuff.ca/images/smilies/WelcomeWagon[1].gif[/img]
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby douglassnow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:00 pm

I don't think I have any effeminate or feminine characteristics. I have never felt feminine, even when, on a whim, bottoming for six butch guys in a row. I have no idea what my "feminine nature" is, or would be. Though I recognize it in others, there's apparently no "girl" in me at all. Others have confirmed this--my friends, my Zen teacher, clinical psychologists--and they do not all, by any means, consider this a desirable attribute (or lack of attribute). With it goes a pronounced Male Ick! for every aspect of female nature in matters of sexuality, psychology, and theology; the idea, particularly, of worshipping aspects of Female Divinity is almost as abhorrent to me as the human female body itself. This has seriously impeded my studies of Hinduism and Tibettan and Tantric Buddhism. You don't get far when the very mention of Kali or Tara or the Great Mother makes you puke. I consider it something of a refreshing anomaly for me that I don't mind female nature in kids and animals; I get along fine with little girls, mares, pussycats and girl dogs--even find them sometimes especially cute.
douglassnow

Postby nimby » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:31 pm

I like to take long hot baths in smelly bath stuff. And when I'm pissed off I put my hands on my hips and storm out.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby stiletto » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:19 am

- I like old Hollywood movies with actresses like Bette Davis and Katharine Hepburn, etc.

- I'm pretty sensitive and socially aware. I'm better at judging character or 'reading people', empathy, and all that business than most of the women I know.

- Get on my bad side, and I get bitchy/snarky/cutting. Physical violence never really occurs to me, but I can have a pretty sharp tongue. I also usually know how to insult someone (ie: what to say) for maximum effect/poignancy... which really isn't a good thing, as I've burned far too many bridges that way...

- I'm only ever agressive if I'm debating a topic I feel quite strongly about (when, admittedly, I can be quite vicious.) Otherwise, I'm very passive and 'go with the flow.'

- I like being all cute and endearing/charming. I'm good at conversation and getting people to lower their guard. A meekness or more tranquil demeanor tends to suit me.

- I'm intuitive, create, artistic, lazy, under-acheiver... very un financially or professionally minded person. More concerned with leisure, art/beauty, fantasy, and escapism.

- Also, I'm subject to pretty intense shifts in mood. Nothing like Manic Depressiveness, but I have fairly deep emotions.

- I'm also pretty inconsistent and fickle :roll:

- I'm quite polite. Impoliteness or a lack of class bothers me a lot, as I tend to strive for harmony until I discover I hate someone...

- ...In which case I can be absurdly vindictive and self righteous.

Jeez, all of these sound like such positive qualities (/sarcasm). How could a person not love me after being so candid about my more unsightly/bitchy tendencies?... oh well, they say honesty is a virtue.

Also, as a side note, I sound really femme in my description, but for some reason I've never understood, most of my peers see me as quite 'normal' or 'straight acting'! And I'm a 'pretty boy' as well! I've never really understood this. I've never really seen myself as 'masculine', but I guess I must be sufficiently so for many people to see me that way...
stiletto

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:24 am

(On a personal note, all the characteristics you describe would have me running the other direction if I met a guy like that unless he looked like John Cena, but even THEN I would proceed with caution, cause I don't vibe with the stereotypical gay mindset.)

But, anyway your description sounds like you're just feminine on the inside, more so than the outside.

For example George Michael is a pretty boy but he "reads" masculine because of STRONGER Alpha Male facial/body features and masculine confidence whereas a pretty boy with weaker facial/body features, lacking masculine confidence reads stereotypical emasculated gay male.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby stiletto » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:30 pm

dracuscalico wrote:

(On a personal note, all the characteristics you describe would have me running the other direction if I met a guy like that unless he looked like John Cena, but even THEN I would proceed with caution, cause I don't vibe with the stereotypical gay mindset.)

But, anyway your description sounds like you're just feminine on the inside, more so than the outside.

For example George Michael is a pretty boy but he "reads" masculine because of STRONGER Alpha Male facial/body features and masculine confidence whereas a pretty boy with weaker facial/body features, lacking masculine confidence reads stereotypical emasculated gay male.

Yeah, I don't really get why people like me. Anytime someone says they have a crush on me, I more or less think: "Are you sure that's such a good idea?!"

I'm not 'stereotypical', though... I have some feminine qualities, but I'm pretty balanced. And it more or less depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm downright stoic. I've just never engaged in the whole male establishing of pecking order. On the playground or anywhere where boys would try to assert dominance, I would just never have any part of it. And so, I've always felt like a bit of an anomaly.

I get along with more or less everyone: male, female, gay, straight, and everything inbetween those. Both guys and girls tend to feel as if I'm 'one of them,' though. A fair bit of straight men actually admire me for whatever reason, so I don't think I can be that flaming... I think I just sort of tend adjust to the surrounding climate.

Because I'm also really quiet and aloof/distant, so I think I just tend to come across as enigmatic or whatever. Like, I relate to people, and have good empathy, but there's always a significant amount of 'distance' between me and literally anyone, even my parents. I'd say I tend to come across as the 'mystery man' to most people, because I'm quiet and very secure in my own thoughts/head. I'm not obnoxious or loud, quite the contrary, I'm very quiet and thoughtful... and not in the mushy, sentimental way. I just like to think/reflect... I would never consider myself 'superficial'. I'd say most of the population at large, gay or straight, butch or femme, etc, tend to be much more superficial or thoughtless than I am. I don't think I'm a genius, or the next great philosopher or anything... but other people tend support this view of myself as being more prone to the 'profound'. People are more likely to see me as 'deep', as much as I hate that term because it sounds so pretentious.

I'm also pretty intellectual and enjoy doing the whole critical thinking thing, so I think a lot of people, if they admire me, I think they like me for my tough-minded attitude towards intellectualism or whatever.

So, yeah, it sounds pretentious as fu**, but people tend to see me more as an enigma than anything. I'm quiet but outspoken enough. Private and self contained, yet I'll talk very frankly and candidly/honestly with people. I think I have just enough inner contradictions that I'm just able to keep people guessing, or pique their curiosity or whatever. I think I have a wide enough appeal platonically... but I'd never want to get into a relationship with me.
stiletto

PreviousNext

Return to Effeminate Men