------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

Re: A VERY Disturbing Report

Postby furface » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 pm

There is also a concurrent and independent report posted by Jim Burroway over on his site Box Turtle Bulletin. It's well worth a look.

Interestingly, the grad student who devised and 'administered' the therapy at UCLA was George Alan Rekers. Dr. Rekers is best known recently (last year) as the anti-gay expert witness in Florida who got caught returning from a European vacation with his personal 'luggage lifter' obtained from rentboy.com.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix6570 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 am

This was very sad to watch I feel bad for what happened to Kirk. It shows hows peoples fear and ignorance can have devastating effects on someone. What they did to him was outright abuse.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:01 pm

My family did their own anti-sissy therapy. It basically went like this, if I wanted a doll, I got boys don't play with that and appropriate boy toys were bought. If a bully picked on me and I cried I got the following two statements: boys don't cry and be a little man. Then I would be enrolled in some self-defense class, which I got out of as quick as I could. If I was playing with girls too much, I was enrolled in all boys activities, which I got out of when I could. So I can really sympathize with Kirk, and we would be about the same age. I think the greatest crime anyone can commit is be born male and act effeminate.
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Postby jabpcola » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:47 pm

My treatment was the absolute opposite from yours, Leslie! Where your parents tried to force you to be masculine, mine tried to shame me into it. Rather than showering me with masculine toys etc, I was given dolls and dollhouses. I was made to wear dresses instead of whatever boys were wearing at the time. Until the age of 10 I was enrolled in school as a girl using the feminine equivalent of my name. Of course, that necessitated using the girl's restrooms, etc. When I hit 6'1" and was 10, we moved to another state and magically I became a boy. But amazingly, inside I didn't change!

They (mother and stepfather) tried to "shame" me into being more masculine. It didn't work! Yes, I married a girl and was married to her for 45 years before she passed away. We were happy, loved one another almost to the point of worship, but failed miserably with sex.

I think the bottom line is you are who you are. Regardless of the treatment you receive from your parents, or teachers, or pastors, or friends, or society at large, who try and mold you into something else, you are what you are born! I was born an effeminate gay male and that is what I remain!
jabpcola

Postby nimby » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:41 pm

jabpcola wrote:My treatment was the absolute opposite from yours, Leslie! Where your parents tried to force you to be masculine, mine tried to shame me into it. Rather than showering me with masculine toys etc, I was given dolls and dollhouses. I was made to wear dresses instead of whatever boys were wearing at the time. Until the age of 10 I was enrolled in school as a girl using the feminine equivalent of my name. Of course, that necessitated using the girl's restrooms, etc. When I hit 6'1" and was 10, we moved to another state and magically I became a boy. But amazingly, inside I didn't change!

They (mother and stepfather) tried to "shame" me into being more masculine. It didn't work! Yes, I married a girl and was married to her for 45 years before she passed away. We were happy, loved one another almost to the point of worship, but failed miserably with sex.

I think the bottom line is you are who you are. Regardless of the treatment you receive from your parents, or teachers, or pastors, or friends, or society at large, who try and mold you into something else, you are what you are born! I was born an effeminate gay male and that is what I remain!

:shock: Wow. How horrible a childhood. I'm so sorry.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to Effeminate Men