The world's first pregnant man is pregnant again

Talks about guys that are nellie.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty

The world's first pregnant man is pregnant again

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:55 pm

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Thomas Beatie, who was born a woman but lives as a man in Oregon after surgery and hormone treatment, is expecting a second child, Beatie has told Barbara Walters in an interview set to air on television on Friday.

Beatie, 34, who is legally a man but kept female reproductive organs when he had a sex-change operation 10 years ago, is in his first trimester of pregnancy, he told celebrity interviewer Walters for the ABC news program "20/20" that will air on November 14. Walters highlighted the interview on her daytime chat show, "The View," on Thursday.

With his thin beard, Beatie made headlines around the world and was dubbed the "pregnant man" before giving birth to a baby girl on June 29. He told Walters that after giving birth he did not go back on the male hormone testosterone that he took after his sex change, because he wanted to have another baby.

"I feel good," Beatie told Walters. "I had my checkups with my hormone level, as far as the hCG. And everything is right on track."

Beatie was referring to human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone which is produced in women during pregnancy.

He said that the new baby is due on June 12.

Beatie's wife, Nancy, 46, whom he married five years ago, was unable to conceive because of a prior hysterectomy. He has said that is why he had a baby himself, through artificial insemination using donor sperm and Beatie's own egg.

The couple live in Bend, Oregon, and have lead a quiet life since the birth of their baby girl, Susan.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Dan Whitcomb)
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Re: The world's first pregnant man is pregnant again

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Bramasole_iowa wrote:
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Thomas Beatie, who was born a woman but lives as a man in Oregon after surgery and hormone treatment, is expecting a second child, Beatie has told Barbara Walters in an interview set to air on television on Friday.

Beatie, 34, who is legally a man but kept female reproductive organs when he had a sex-change operation 10 years ago, is in his first trimester of pregnancy, he told celebrity interviewer Walters for the ABC news program "20/20" that will air on November 14. Walters highlighted the interview on her daytime chat show, "The View," on Thursday.

With his thin beard, Beatie made headlines around the world and was dubbed the "pregnant man" before giving birth to a baby girl on June 29. He told Walters that after giving birth he did not go back on the male hormone testosterone that he took after his sex change, because he wanted to have another baby.

"I feel good," Beatie told Walters. "I had my checkups with my hormone level, as far as the hCG. And everything is right on track."

Beatie was referring to human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone which is produced in women during pregnancy.

He said that the new baby is due on June 12.

Beatie's wife, Nancy, 46, whom he married five years ago, was unable to conceive because of a prior hysterectomy. He has said that is why he had a baby himself, through artificial insemination using donor sperm and Beatie's own egg.

The couple live in Bend, Oregon, and have lead a quiet life since the birth of their baby girl, Susan.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Dan Whitcomb)

So as a technicality, is his marriage considered a same sex marriage because he kept the female reproductive organs?

And could it be considered not legal if it happenned in a state where same sex marriages are not legal?

Or would it be considered a same sex marriage because of the chromosomes alone regardless of any "alterations"?

And what about the inverse? Born a man but had a sex change into a woman and wants to marry a woman?

Would it be considered a same sex marriage because they are both anatomical female?

Or would it be considered a regular marriage because he was genetically male first?

How do religions view sex change operations compared to other forms of cosmetic/reconstructive surgery?
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am

^ Yeah, and what if a tornado picked their house up and carried it into a state where they didn't have same-sex marriages?

And what if the couple converted to Catholicism and then fell into a parallel universe where same-sex marriage and capital punishment were the same thing?

And what would happen if he went into labor while on a family vacation to Arizona, and he just happened to give birth right on the Four Corners?

And if he were in a plane that crashed right on the border between Serbia and Montenegro, where would you bury the survivors?

:wink: :?: :lol:
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby edu999 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:07 am

Who the hell cares how religions view marriages like these?

Many (if not all) states will legally recognize your new sex upon successful completion of gender reassignment surgery. I would assume it's just a question of how each state defines "complete sex change".
edu999

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:41 am

All the real nutjobs seem to live in Oregon. :P

A man with a uterus is no man in my books. :roll:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby chidiver » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:10 am

Does he have to send out a press release EVERY time he get pregnant?
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 am

And how can he be considered a man if he kept all his female reproductive organs? That is NOT successful completion of the gender reassignment surgery. Sorry, but not a man.

Please, no offense meant to anyone here, but clinical biologists agree that one cannot "change their sex". Surgical and chemical genital manipulation, yes, but one cannot alter their chromosomes, the building blocks of natural gender assignment.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 am

Earl Butz wrote:All the real nutjobs seem to live in Oregon. :P

I love you, too.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 am

Aw just kidding honey
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Screamer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:01 am

The important thing is that marriage is still between a man and a woman, after a fashion. If you want to marry a dude, here's how it's done these days.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Screamer wrote:The important thing is that marriage is still between a man and a woman, after a fashion. If you want to marry a dude, here's how it's done these days.

so I need to find a guy that still looks hot with silicone implants and long hair?
Bramasole_iowa

Postby tatzaana » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:34 am

What are some great pregnancy and parenting books? I already have the “What to expect when you are expecting” series, what else was useful for you? What books on parenting have been worth buying for you? What about pregnancy books? Which ones could you not live without? My husband and I are first time parents and need some direction! Thanks!
tatzaana

Postby nimby » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey congradulations !!!

The best book we ever got was called, "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by Dr. Richard Ferber. Cause if your baby isn't sleeping right, neither are you. And if you can't get a good night's sleep, your life will become a disaster. I know. My eldest daughter was 7 y/o before she slept through the night!!!!! We did every mistake possible. Trust me. Find the book any buy it. If you all get a good night's sleep, you can handle anything.

Good Luck.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to Effeminate Men