Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Talks about guys that are nellie.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby barbie behavior » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:16 am

No socializing in the gym for me-it's strickly a workout thing-and yes it would be nice to meet a nice guy there but I think guys there are jerks or horn dogs anyways-they barely workout and just hat and look in the mirror all day long so I'm not intrested and I don't think I'll meet any guy there because I male to so difficult to talk to me just cause I don't want to be bothered-and I tryd to workout in other underwear but all that fabric just bunches up between my legs and it's annoying-I need minimal fabric, a tight fit, and fun colors-just for me lol.
"It's Just Barbie Behavior"
User avatar
barbie behavior
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: miami beach, FL

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:33 am

My fun colors are grey, and black. Lol.
I hate when people always stare at themselves bunch of narcissist they be.

I also do strictly workout if i do.
And don't really attempt to make conversation.
I work out in boxer briefs...Ha.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby nimby » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:59 pm

I work out naked on the back deck, quite private, and slathered in suntan oil. :lol: Really. No, really! LOL!!! Actually, in just a "wife beater" shirt, loose shorts, tanga underwear cause I enjoy the movability, ankle socks and runners.

FYI: Tanga
Image
And yes, that's really me. No, Really! :lol: .
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby tacosandburritos » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm

I think the reason why masculine men attracted to feminine men seem like a minority is because most of these men are on the downlow. Not that every men on the downlow is a masc guy into fems. One of the reasons why some of these guys are a small fraction is because of the taboo of homosexuality in our current culture. In cultures where sexual and gender diveristy was accepted feminine men had no difficulty acquiring lovers and since most fem gay men are passive in sex naturally it was with masculine men that they partnered with.
Last edited by tacosandburritos on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tacosandburritos
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Re:

Postby tacosandburritos » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm

dracuscalico wrote:The whole purpose of being attracted to guys is their masculine elements, and so it is self defeating for gays to play up their feminine side, when it is masculinity that is revered and sought after in a mate. They might get lucky and find a guy who likes the opposite, but you don't see a lot of those kind of couples around, like in The Birdcage movie.

There aren't a lot of feminine photos being posted on the HUNKS forum either. Even the boyish ones are "pretty" but masculine. I am just not aware of a bunch of gay guys going gaga and snapping their necks to ogle and undress a sissy,(they might diss his hair or outfit but that's it), meanwhile they are fawning all over a masculine guy who is far less attractive than the sissy because of his MALENESS.

Someone could make a lot of money "straightening" gays out and helping them develop the male socialization that they missed out on. A lot of guys are sissies by default because there is more reinforcement for getting in touch with your feminine side in the gay world. It is less threatening to the gays who failed to meet the MALE STANDARD that society expects of men, if gay guys downplay their masculinity to make the less masculine ones feel comfortable.



I disagree, some people are attracted to androgyny. Also, some feminine gay guys are naturally feminine and their demeanor has little to do with missing out on male socialization and more to do with biological reasons.
tacosandburritos
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby Syn » Sun May 23, 2010 4:34 am

I am feminine a guy and I just have to say I have no problem with guys who only like "Str8 acting" guys much like how I have no problem with guys who like to be tied up and spanked XD

BUt what I can't stand is the reason why they don't like feminine guys.
"People were staring" or "I was ashamed" or "People were talking about us"

lols I mean really??
I Want a "Str8 acting" guy... I mean a STRONG MASCULINE GUY!!
Not some sissy who gives a dam about what other people think. If I want to hold your hand or kiss you in public I'm going to do it because I want to.... and if I don't its because I don't want to.
NOT BEACAUSE IM AFRAID of people staring :)

And if you consider your self as a masculine guy and care what other people thinks then... I guess you are just not as masculine as you think.
Syn
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby nimby » Mon May 24, 2010 9:59 am

No worries here. I'm not an overly "straight acting dude" and I don't enjoy alpha males. I'm more soft and cuddley and enjoy the more affectionate side of males.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Getting Comfortable with Effeminate Men

Postby Learning » Tue May 25, 2010 6:23 am

Syn wrote:Not some sissy who gives a dam about what other people think. If I want to hold your hand or kiss you in public I'm going to do it because I want to.... and if I don't its because I don't want to.
NOT BEACAUSE IM AFRAID of people staring :)

And if you consider your self as a masculine guy and care what other people thinks then... I guess you are just not as masculine as you think.


You seem to have worked through these issues, Syn. How did you get comfortable with the stares and thoughts? What do you tell yourself when people don't seem to support you?
Learning
Member
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Getting Comfortable with Effeminate Men

Postby Syn » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Learning wrote:
Syn wrote:Not some sissy who gives a dam about what other people think. If I want to hold your hand or kiss you in public I'm going to do it because I want to.... and if I don't its because I don't want to.
NOT BEACAUSE IM AFRAID of people staring :)

And if you consider your self as a masculine guy and care what other people thinks then... I guess you are just not as masculine as you think.


You seem to have worked through these issues, Syn. How did you get comfortable with the stares and thoughts? What do you tell yourself when people don't seem to support you?


Well It was easier for me to develope thick skin becasue anyone that meets me figures out Im gay because of my voice. BUt at first of course I was scared of what I was, and I resented myself, but there comes a point in your life when you just don't care what people think or say.

I came to the realization that no matter what I do people are going to hate me because Im gay. Since i refuse to compromise myself for comeplete strangers I slowly delt with the idea that Im going to have to face prejudice.

It takes awhile but when it finally happens its great..
BUt don't get me wrong.. I don't go around shouting "IM GAY IM GAY COME GET ME" disturbing people and hoping that someone makes trouble to me or anything :))

But If any straight person can hold their gf or bf's hand, or kiss them in public then why we? :)
Syn
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby nimby » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:39 pm

I had a gay client at work a few years ago who was rather effeminate and I was wildly attracted to him. He was very quiet and gentle in his mannerisms but within 10 minutes of meeting, we opened right up to one another, and it was like we were old friends. He had a very difficult life thus far and I felt for him. He was considerably younger than me and I wasn't out to me or anyone else at the time, so I didn't persue anything further, but I know he was interested in me. I was happy when he'd show up at my office with a couple of coffees and a croissant and we'd just shoot the breeze. He was so beautiful, with the eyes of a little puppy dog. I can't even remember his name now, but I think about him often.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby timeline » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I think that straight acting guys attracted to fems is different from being gay because there is a different gender -identity involved, a feminine identity. Its very close to being straight. A lot of "lesbians " are like that. I don't think of them as gay if they imitate straight relationships. (Ex.butch girl with fem girl. Masculine guy with fem) . I think that "Brokeback Mountain " is a good example of what is gay. People get it confused. I hate it when people try to pair me with fem guys. Its the perpetuation of a binary. People think that masculine men should only be with women. That's not what gay means to me. It means two men or two women. Not a man with another man that identifies as a woman.
timeline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby Velgayboy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 am

Hi gentlemen (masculine gay/bi men) and gayboys (effeminate)!
First, Happy New Year to all of you!

This forum just caught my attention when browsing.
I must say that I loved the first post! the user heartandsoul80 explained it very, very well! also, the user tacosandburritos did!

Natural androgyny/gynandroidy in naturally effeminate gay boys (over 18 of course)/guys is the key to why some masculine gay or bi men like them! Natural androgyny/gynandroidy trancends the rigid polarity masculine/feminine, is innate to such boys (over 18 of course)/guys and is not campy, not flamboyant, not loud, not queeny--- therefore, it is a turn on to some masculine gay/bi men such as heartandsoul80, Frizzurd..... I wish they were many more like those guys!
It's sad to see that, as far as I can see in number of their total posts, they're not active anymore in this forum!
Velgayboy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 am

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby nimby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Yeah, I really enjoyed their posts as well. I hope they come back. We need a campaign to get most of the guys back.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby glas_scot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:29 am

^I'm still here, I've just been pretty damn quiet lately...I plan to change this as of now! :)
--Steve
glas_scot
Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby nimby » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Good! And add some pictures! we niss your pretty face too. :D
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby glas_scot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Maybe we should have a 'everyone re-introduce yourself' topic? :wink:
--Steve
glas_scot
Member
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby DeckApe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Heh. Maybe we should. I don't think I've ever actually posted a photo of myself on here, come to think of it.
DeckApe
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re:

Postby Ben » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 am

Phoenix6570 wrote:Yeah I don't think it's so simple as opposites attract. I'm a masculine male who is interested in other masculine males. Everyone just has their own things that they desire. You can't just narrow it down into various category's.


Ok, I'm just checking back ages after this thread is long dead. But just as an retrospective observation, it seemed to me like the initial post was more or less wishful thinking. That's the way that guy wanted everything to be so he made a post that claims it is.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
User avatar
Ben
Member
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Re:

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 am

Ben wrote:
Phoenix6570 wrote:Yeah I don't think it's so simple as opposites attract. I'm a masculine male who is interested in other masculine males. Everyone just has their own things that they desire. You can't just narrow it down into various category's.


Ok, I'm just checking back ages after this thread is long dead. But just as an retrospective observation, it seemed to me like the initial post was more or less wishful thinking. That's the way that guy wanted everything to be so he made a post that claims it is.


Ben, in reality I think they may be masculine man attracted to feminine men as well as masculine men being attracted to masculine men as well as feminine men being attracted to feminine men, because it takes all kinds of individual's to make the world. But you are right that one should not assume that all masculine men are attracted to feminine men as we are all individuals and make our own choices as to what we are attracted to.

Me, personally, I don't like the feminine men. I know someone will think this wrong of me, but I want a man who is a man, who appreciates a woman like me, irregardless of whether I change my body.
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
User avatar
Lesley R. Charles
Moderator
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

Re: Why str8 acting gay men are attracted to gay Effeminate men

Postby nimby » Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm

I think masculine men are attracted to feminine men because feminine women are almost extinct. Boys are getting prettier by the day and girls are becoming so butch. Guys today are into the grooming products and chicks are into the tattoos and swearing. I'll pass, thanks. Give me a nice pretty boy all day long.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
User avatar
nimby
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Previous

Return to Effeminate Men

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron