Operation Helping Hand

Here's the place for the latest updates on what's going on with the site, and your place to leave your comments and thoughts about what we're doing.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty, Tom-SA

Operation Helping Hand

Postby stevestr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Been hearing that some members of sa.com are experiencing some financial difficulties and I'd like to prove what a great brotherhood we still are, so I've put up a donations site. If everyone just chipped in $10 (or whatever amount) we could help at least 2 people I know that need assistance.

Anyway, check it our and feel free to donate if you are so inclined. The money goes to me and will be distributed. See the site for all the information.

Thanks in advance.

http://ophelphand.blogspot.com/
stevestr

Re: Operation Helping Hand

Postby stevestr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 pm

8-19-11 10:31 PM MT Update:

$25 received so far.
"'TICKLE CHALLENGE?????' First of all, almost no male, straight or gay, in their 20's, is going to be up for a tickle challenge. [...]I'd be mortified if you suggested that as something to do." -- Blackmet, 6/4/2007
stevestr

Postby stevestr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 am

Changed to a new payment processor since I am not a huge fan of PayPal.

Make your donations and track our progress here: https://www.wepay.com/donate/ophelphand
stevestr

Postby stevestr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Woo hoo. Thanks to a very generous gift of $100 we are up to $125 - 15% of our goal has been met within 24 hours! Let's keep up the great work!
stevestr

Postby stevestr » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 pm

The first round of Operation Helping Hand has ended with a final total collected of $291.10

My goal was for $605 and while we missed that one by $313.90 I want to say a special thank you to those of you who stepped up and answered the call.

Do you know someone who could use some help? Do you want to help your fellow sa.com brothers in need? Drop me a line and we can kick off round 2 in the near future.
stevestr

Return to SA News