Live conference feature?

Here's the place for the latest updates on what's going on with the site, and your place to leave your comments and thoughts about what we're doing.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Lesley R. Charles, batty, Tom-SA

Live conference feature?

Postby Rico » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Just curious....is there a live conference/chat feature available with this software? I remember from my days as a sysop and forum manager in the Compuserve days, the live/conference/chat option was one of the most popular features we offered. It brought members together in real time for games, for scheduled discussions and conferences on specific topics, or just simply BS. Like I said at the beginning, just curious, and just asking.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Re: Live conference feature?

Postby furface » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm not sure if such exists. There was a Java based chat feature in previous iterations, not sure if it was included in the new version. I'll dig through the phpBB site/forums and find out and let all y'all know what's possible.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Return to SA News