Geezing or Reminiscing...

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Geezing or Reminiscing...

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:50 pm

I just posted a Happy Birthday note to straightacting.com (if that's even possible...given that the site is not an actual human being...but I digress...) congratulating them/us/whatever on 15 years of "life"... The site was evidently spawned 15 years ago...June, 2000...I wasn't a charter member, but I'm looking forward to hearing from those of you who were around for the birth...

The world has changed drastically since June, 2000...The terrorist attacks of 911, 2 wars, the economy in a tailspin, the Ukraine, Edward Snowden, a new US president, ISIL/ISIS, new States added to the European Union, "reality shows" on TV, iphones & ipads, the Kardashians...Still no cure for cancer or the common cold, but the world keeps on turning and the site still has a pulse...

So, two questions for the hangers-on of the site:

(a) where were you / what were you doing in June, 2000?
and
(b) what's changed since the birth of the site?... the Readers Digest condensed version please...

For me;
(a) I was living/working in Singapore having a great time...I'd been there for a couple of years by that time and wouldn't leave the place for another 5 years.

(b) Moved on from S'pore to the Middle East, back to the US...Back to Europe...retired...and immediately found a contract gig & went back overseas. So, no big, awe-inspiring revelations...A bit more gray hair, a bit more seasoned, a few more frequent flyer miles, owner of an iphone and ipad, but the same old me...

You?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Geezing or Reminiscing...

Postby DeckApe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:13 pm

A) Still living at home, discovering the internet, and working at the same job I am now (though I've moved a ways up the food chain).

B) Moved out/bought house, came out, got married, renovated house, hair going gray, that style of thing.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Re: Geezing or Reminiscing...

Postby nimby » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:20 pm

A) Was married with one baby and on the corporate fast track at a major bank.

B) quit the rat race, had another baby, came out, got me a man but kept the wife though and living happily ever after.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to Users Forum