Hey there from Melbourne, Australia

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Hey there from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Moxiecam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 am

Hey Guys,

My name is Cameron but my friends call me Cam, I'm a 30 year old single male residing in Melbourne, Australia.

I also would describe myself as straightacting and I figure it would be nice to make a few new friends, doesn't matter if your local or on the other side of the world.

My interests are pretty stock standard and include:
Movies (mainly comedies)
music (top 40)
sport (Aussie rules football, ice hockey, and occasionally baseball or basketball)
ten pin bowling, meeting new people and of course travel!

My favourite place to travel so far is north America and I will be in Canada/ USA in October/November For any of you in That part of the world.

Anyway hope to hear back from you

Cheers

Cam
Moxiecam

Re: Hey there from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Welcome aboard mate!
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Ahoy and welcome, Cam!
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Hey Cam, welcome.

Canadian guy here who loves Aussie rules football too. Stick around and post lots.

Cheers!
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Moxiecam » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks Guys, Appreciated, Nimby what team do you follow? I'm a St Kilda Saints Supporter here. Since I notice your location is Toronto I must admit I don't watch it all that often due to the lack of coverage here but you'll be pleased to know Im a Bluejays and Maple Leafs fan, I'm actually going to be in Toronto for 2 weeks in late October/early Nov visiting some friends, I definitely plan on catching a maple leaf game or two!
Moxiecam

Postby nimby » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I have to admit,I don't have a favourite team. Due to lack of coverage here too, I'm not too familiar with it. It's only on at like, 6 a.m. on Sunday mornings, but when I happen to be up then I like to watch it. :oops: Let me know when you get here and if you can fit it in, I'll take you out for a beer. Have you been to Toronto before?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby solat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am

Hi Cam,
Welcome to the board.

Must admit, Melbourne's one of the places I,ve been wanting to travel to, but never managed it. Everyone I know who's been there loves it.

I love Aussie rules, but rugby's king over here, and obviously can't support anything other than the ABs :)
solat

Postby Moxiecam » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 am

No worries Nimby, I've sent you a private message, only 3 months till I'm there!

Thanks solat, I see New Zealand is rugby mad! What part of NZ are you in? I've only changed planes in Auckland if that counts but will actually be specifically stopping in Auckland for 3 days on my way home from Canada in mid november,

I plan to hopefully do it properly next year and go down through rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch and down to Nelson and queens town, everyone I know who has been raves about it, you definitely have to visit Melbourne, it feels more like a European city than an Australian city.
Moxiecam

Return to Users Forum