Hello people

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Hello people

Postby sean304 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Just figured I would introduce myself and thank the creators of the site. My name is Sean. I currently live in Massachusetts, not far from Boston, but will be moving back to CA mid year. I was thrilled to find a site that deals with issues I can relate to. It was great looking at the subjects at the index board and not see one mention of Lady Gaga or Glee. I have effeminate friends, good friends, who I hate to admit embarrass me in public when their mannerisms and bitchiness overtake any room we are in. I am just recently out to myself and getting comfortable about this fact by reading a lot of books on the subject and finding my own alternative to the alternative lifestyle. I'm in my 30s and dealing with arrested development issues that would have been explored by a "normal" straight person in their teens. Once I was able to come out to myself I was able to stop all of the hook ups filled with substance abuse and shame and the mornings filled with false promises of never doing this again. The only way I was able to stop the shame from hitting me was to get preoccupied with the very act that shamed me. I'm not sure how active this site is but it is nice to be around like minded individuals.
Sean
sean304

Re: Hello people

Postby DeckApe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Hello and welcome, Sean! As observed elsewhere by another poster, no, there isn't the activity here that there once was, but it goes through spells.

Good for you on regaining an element of control over your life (I myself believe that we are never COMPLETELY in control, and sometimes the random rides are well worth it).

Feel free to comment on... well, pretty much anything, really. You never know what topics will take off (or take off again).
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby doctor dan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:45 pm

heya sean304. welcome. yeah, this place is a shell of its former self, but thankfully Tom-SA keeps paying the bill and keeps the lights on for us. glad you have become true to yourself; everything happens in its own time.

where you moving to in CA?
doctor dan

Postby nimby » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Hiya Sean & welcome. Lotsa guys in your exact position here, so please don't be shy.

I think this place isn't as busy as it once was for a couple of reasons, the main one being that since homosexuality is becomming more acceptable accross the land, there is not as much of a need for a social support network as there once was, and that is a great thing! But I miss the constant chattering that went on here a while ago.

Stick around and help breathe some life into this place.

Cheers!
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:44 am

Hey, Sean. Welcome. Glad you've found some things you like on this board and, although it may take some time, I think you'll find there are some discussions here that you may find helpful. And you'll find there are a number of people (both active users and past users) who share a lot in common with you and your experiences thus far. Just take from it what you find may be of interest or helpful to you.

Congratulations on your progress! Slowly coming into acceptance of who you are and what you need/want is a big deal. As is coming to the understanding that things that many would consider self-destructive and hurtful to yourself wasn't good for you anymore. Good on ya. Hope you're able to be at least a little proud of yourself for that. It's a huge step and, sadly, one that many never seem to be able to make.

Take care and, again, welcome.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Return to Users Forum