Christmas Cards...

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Christmas Cards...

Postby Guinness Fan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:57 pm

So, discussion around the office this morning turned to the topic of sending Christmas cards.....I well remember sitting at the kitchen table at this time of year with my mom for hours writing ~ or at least sealing and affixing the stamp ~ to PILES of Christmas cards...then I got to thinking about how many Christmas cards I'll be sending this year...

Other than to a few elderly relatives, I'll be sending out less than ten...In years past (i.e. pre-internet), I'd be sending PILES of 'em.

Seems that with the plethora of ways to instantly communicate; e-mails, texts, cell phone chats etc, the need for the yearly Christmas card is going the way of the Dodo bird.

How many Christmas cards will you be sending this year?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Christmas Cards...

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 am

My aunt joined Facebook this year, so I guess none. She was the only one I would mail one too since she's in Wisconsin. I still hand out cards to family members, though.

It's all about fake trees and computers nowadays, baby! :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm

We always send out written Christmas cards, it's so traditional and polite, but this year will be the first that we aren't. I just don't have the time or energy. Besides, the first card of the season always came from my great aunt. It always came on Decenber first of every year. We buried her in October and not receiving her card is a bit of a downer. :( Email will just have to do for everyone else this year.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Wow. 2010 has been a pretty sour year for you, hasn't it? :( *hug*

My partner and I sent out something on the order of forty-five cards. we track whom we receive them from, and if you drop us for two years, yer toast. :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:34 pm

DeckApe wrote:Wow. 2010 has been a pretty sour year for you, hasn't it? :( *hug*

Yeah, I just want to whipe the last 18 months off the books. But my Aunty Lena's passing was a blessing. She too was to start chemo a week before she passed, but a nice little stroke at the breakfast table took care of that. Couldn't have been timed better. If you remember the Church Lady from SNL, that was her. Other wise, yeah, the last while has been a disaster. :shock:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Marvinteck » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:10 pm

I dont send Christmas cards out. Nobody sends me any either.
Marvinteck

Return to Users Forum