Hello

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Hello

Postby curves4men » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:56 am

Hey all,

Just thought I'd say hi. I just signed up. I finally signed up even though i've been visiting this site since almost 10 years ago in high school. I actually signed up to talk about something in the health and lifestyle section, which i will post after this.
i like how this site brings us straight-acting guys together, cuz it's rare that we actually cross paths and know it. I guess I gave up on my ideal straight-acting guy, and settled for something a little more femmy hah.

anyway, a little about me:
i'm 25, in san francisco, working on a JD degree, and like the usual boy/guy things.

well, i guess i'll hear from y'all later.
curves4men

Hello

Postby Xpat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi all,
Just came across Butch Board this morning. What an excellent place for "straight-acting" (I'm sure if I look further, that term will be defined) gay men. I live in Northern NJ (truly, not the armpit of America), and have had a difficult time meeting other men. I'm not looking for anything specifically (therefore, I'm not ruling anything out either :twisted: ).

Hope to meet some nice folks here, and have a good time reading the boards!

Peace
Xpat

Re: Hello

Postby Daknee » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 am

Wecome guys!
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:46 pm

And hello from me too! :D
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Welcome and hello to you both!
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby andybear87 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

Funny I wound up here...I randomly found this site while doing research for my psych project and came across this journal article on masculine stereotypes and gay men and this site was mentioned. Deciding to procrastinate, I checked the site out and here I am. Completely new to this, as you can tell, so any insight on what to expect here?
andybear87

Postby furface » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Whoo dawgie! 'Nother visitor done stumbled in. Tom we needs another split oak chair upta the porch, son. Fetch that rocker from the shed. And when y'all gonna fix that second step? Near twisted my knee earlier fetching wood for the stove.

Scooch over boys and let andybear87 up on the porch. Welcome, ole son. Set a spell and join in the palaver. If'n the conversation don't suit y'all, throw out somethin' y'all's got a interest in. Take a dip or a chaw if ya got a mind to. Just mind where ya spit, the ole houn' dawg don't take kindly to getting' hock'd on. Scratch if ya need to. We're a right friendly group, mostly. Ain't nobody been bit in near two weeks. Had most all our shots (got us a vet). We's all trainable, one or two almost house broke.

Y'all might want to look through the items scrawled on the wall in cyber chalk. Could be somethin' of interest. If not, the chalk's on a string by the door, scribble somethin' you want to jaw 'bout. T'ain't necessary to use y'all's Parson's come to Sunday supper manners, but Tom the webmaster sure would 'preciate y'all keepin' it fit for mixed company. 'Sides there's youngins about.

So....

Y'all might want to be a bit careful as we got a bad taste from the last researcher fella who dropped in on us. We're just folks here'bouts, not research subjects. That said, if'n y'all behaves and don't jump on us, things should be just fine.

Welcome aboard, and have fun. Might even make a friend or three.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Return to Users Forum