Personality Type

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Personality Type

Postby Marvinteck » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Im trying to broaden my horizons and found out I have a ISFJ (Introversion, Sensing, Feeling, Judging) personality.

Whats your personality type?

Go here first to figure out the four letters: The 8 Myers-Briggs Personality Preferences

Go here second to find out what those combined letters mean: The 16 Myers-Briggs Personality Types
Marvinteck

Re: Personality Type

Postby DeckApe » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I was an ISTJ when I took the test in 1994. I don't think I'd come out the same now.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 pm

You do realize there is a test to take to determine your letters.
I'm not really sure what is is. It looks kinda like a cliff note version. LOL! I wouldn't rely on this whole heartedly,if at all, because you can choose your letters here. The test questions are desigend to not be able to cheat or use what you think you are.
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby Rico » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Daknee wrote:You do realize there is a test to take to determine your letters.
I'm not really sure what is is. It looks kinda like a cliff note version. LOL! I wouldn't rely on this whole heartedly,if at all, because you can choose your letters here. The test questions are desigend to not be able to cheat or use what you think you are.

You're absolutely right. The standard MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) assessment consists of 94 questions. Some versions are even longer. There are hundreds of abbreviated, "play" versions of the test available on-line. Sometimes the results are reliable but often they're not. I've heard of people taking these on-line versions multiple times and ending up with multiple results. If the questions are answered 100% truthfully, the results from the abreviated versions may be close to the actual type.

The complete MBTI assessment is best administered and scored by someone trained in the technique.

Just my 2 cents.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Marvinteck » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Rico wrote:
Daknee wrote:You do realize there is a test to take to determine your letters.

You're absolutely right. The standard MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) assessment consists of 94 questions. Some versions are even longer. There are hundreds of abbreviated, "play" versions of the test available on-line. Sometimes the results are reliable but often they're not. I've heard of people taking these on-line versions multiple times and ending up with multiple results. If the questions are answered 100% truthfully, the results from the abreviated versions may be close to the actual type.

The complete MBTI assessment is best administered and scored by someone trained in the technique.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that the complete MBTI assessment is best administered and scored by someone trained in the technique. On the same note though I would have to stick by my self assessment 110% of being an ISFJ type personality by picking the letters out on my own. I have taken five of the free test online while being 100% honest with myself and they all confirmed my assesment. I have thouroughly researched the ISFJ personality online and firmly believe its the one that fits me best.If an person is 100% honest with themselves I think its hogwash that a person has to pay somebody to tell them what they already know about themselves in the first place. The professionals only want your money. However I would have to concur that self perception can skew the results when a person assesses themselves. Most of the online "play test" can be easily skewed and manipulated by the test taker. That is why its best to research the results further by checking and rechecking to make sure the results are accurate. The website I mentioned does offer a comprehensive 144 question test but they want you to pay $99.99 to take the test. Ill keep my money and pass on that. If a person shallow to the point of not being honest with themselves and are not able to figure out there own personality then I think they deserve to have $99.99 taken from them by con artist. Just my 2 cents.
http://www.knowyourtype.com/individual_report.cfm
Marvinteck

Postby Rico » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Marvinteck wrote:I agree that the complete MBTI assessment is best administered and scored by someone trained in the technique. On the same note though I would have to stick by my self assessment 110% of being an ISFJ type personality by picking the letters out on my own. I have taken five of the free test online while being 100% honest with myself and they all confirmed my assesment.

I believe you, and based on your response here and in other posts of yours, I can see you as an ISFJ -- the unappreciated servant, somone who is most satisfied in helping others achieve their goals. Because you have an uncanny ability to absorb interpersonal information and remember it over long periods, I'll have to be careful with you, because I can't remember something from 10 minutes ago, and you will be the first one here to catch me in a lie. :)

Seriously, you are right to tell people avoid people paying big money on-line or elsewhere for test results. That wasn't my point. If folks answer the questions honestly to some of the online tests, then they are likely to get an accurate result, but it depends upon the test.

Cheers.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Return to Users Forum