Your Most Memorable Year

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Your Most Memorable Year

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 pm

This evening I met up with a few colleagues that I've known for the past 30 years...The topic of what was our "most memorable year" came up. A lot of reminiscing, tall tales, war stories, toasting departed friends and reliving good times...................

For me, probably 1989 - 1990. I was working in London, living in a great flat in NW3 - just off Hampstead Heath. Had a job that took me all over Europe. The Berlin Wall had just come down, the European Union was still in it's infancy, Maggie was still in the PM, the short-lived, student-led, Tiananmen Square protest in China, the tension of the build-up to the First Gulf War, no computer in my office and the "mobile phone" I had was the size and weight of a brick.

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago...And your most memorable year????????
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Your Most Memorable Year

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:30 am

Round the same time...1992. First time I got to do some travelling. Saw the Grand Canyon, Florida, eastern Canada, Las Vegas, Seattle, Portland, Niagara Falls. I have an entire photo album of just that year.

Was a sweet one indeed. Never had one like it since.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby backpacker » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

My senior year of college has been the most memorable. 2001-2002. A lot happened that year. The 9/11 attack being the big news maker, and we were all on campus for it, it collectively lulled the spirits of everyone. On a more uplifting note it was the only year of college that I had a tuesday/thursday class schedule. I had so much free time to play cards and video games with my friends, it really was a fitting end to my college days. Also my first spring break trip to Key West with my roommate and his friend was great! To bad I wasn't out at that point, shortly after graduation I told my friends. The standout thing about that year were the carefree days, very rarely have that now for such a long stretch.
backpacker

Postby nimby » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:30 pm

1986-1987 for me. I was just finishing up high school, saw a lot of my favourite bands, spent lots of time up north with my friends at the cottage and saw the northern lights for the first time. I was young, free and invincible. God, if I only knew then what I know now, I'd be a different person.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to Users Forum