Hey y'all from NYC

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Hey y'all from NYC

Postby The Saint » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Just popping in to say Hi!

and to ask the following question:

It seems to me that one of the common themes that comes up here is that some people don't feel like they fit in with the gay community. For myself, I would say that that fits me as well (like seeing some musicals, but don't know any showtunes, cultural references to divas leave me puzzled etc.), but recently I wonder if it is simply a matter of perspective. To explain better, before I posted here, I was wondering if I fit into this community as well. While I play sports, I do not watch nor follow them (well, maybe, tennis), I don't own (have never) a car and have no clue what models there are etc. and I had to stop myself and wonder if all I was doing was seeing the differences and not the similarities. I'm probably not making much sense right now, but it was a thought that hit me as I was reading and just thought I'd ask.

Anyhow, Hi.
The Saint

Re: Hey y'all from NYC

Postby DeckApe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:57 pm

How do!

I think you'll fit in here fine. I've always felt we're open to pretty much everything; the general message that this board has always had (at least for me) is the importance of being yourself.

If you're in NYC it's hardly surprising that you don't own a car; I've always gathered that it's quite easy to survive there without one. (I've never been further east than Spokane in the U.S., so I wouldn't know.) And watching sports doesn't do much for me either... takes all kinds, sir.

Welcome aboard!
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Welcome to the Board Saint!! I assumed you are named after the Roger Moore TV show of the same name.

Don't worry about things like that...just be yourself. I own a car, but I don't know anything about what makes them run or how to fix them. All I know is that I want a 4-door sedan that has an automatic transmission that it have four wheels so it will take me from point A to point B. I like red so I have a red car.

The main point of this website is to be yourself and that being gay is a small part of who you are. Gay men come in all varieties and have differing interests. Don't be under any pressure whatsoever to follow what some gay guys think you should be as a gay man. They are wrong and you are right.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby nimby » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi.

No worries. You make lots of sense. And hang around for a bit and you'll see you're much more similar to most here than you realize. And who need a car in New York anyway? LOL!!
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:37 am

Hi... just be you and don't worry about fitting the type others think you should be.

Me, I'm an equal opportunity bastard. I'm mean to everyone. Don't take it personally, I'm retarded.

Oooops, a politically incorrect word... like I give a damn.

I consider everyone to be an idiot... works for me. Keeps the incompetents at bay and I like it that way.
And I'm prepared to render an opinion on anything, just ask.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:39 am

Jeez Butch! Behave! Don't scare him off already. At least let him get his feet wet first. Hey Saint, no worries. We Let Butch ramble on now and again. Tortally harmless but with some great ideas and opinions. We just keep him chained up real good.

Butch: Grrrrrr, woof, woof, grrrrr, woof!
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby The Saint » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks all. I'll try to become an active participant here. Butch, no worries, I'm not really a thin-skinned person so don't censor yourself. Also, I'd rather know if I'm saying something stupid than not, so feel free to criticize.
The Saint

Postby roxyrohit » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:36 am

hiiiiiiiiii
dear friend's i read your comment's and post's they are nice and effective but i want to know more about something if you tell me some more imfo. or data about this it's very nice to me and thank's a lot dear.............
Vielsesringe
roxyrohit

Return to Users Forum