Hello again y'all

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Hello again y'all

Postby Tygrrrr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi guys and gals,

It's been a right long time since I've been on the Butch Board. Things sure look different around here!!

I figured I'd drop by and see what's what, who's who, and what's been happening.

I'm still alive and kicking, and purrrrrring.

In some ways plenty has changed, but in other ways lots are still the same, for me.

I'm still in Raleigh, same house, same job(but trying hard to change that).

I'm now on the board of directors, for my townhouse community. Vice President to be exact. Dating 2 guys, and trying to figure out which I'm more interested in. A bit of a juggling act, to date 2 guys at the same time.

I'll leave it at this, for now. I'll start doing some posting.

Tygrr/Tygrrrr/Huebie
Change you can believe in.

Translation - Pocket change is all you'll have left. You can believe in that!
Tygrrrr

Re: Hello again y'all

Postby crankycurmudgeon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Good to see you're back/good to see your back.
Like a bad penny, some things just keep coming back.
crankycurmudgeon

Postby Tygrrrr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks, and lol. I guess I need to put up a different pic. I'll work on doing that soon.

Tygrrrr

Postby DeckApe » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:11 am

Welcome back, Tygrrrr! Belly rub?
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Tygrrrr » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

PRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I'd love a belly rub!!!

Tygrrrr

Postby olywaguy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:57 pm

So do both guys know you are dating two guys?
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Tygrrrr » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Neither of the guys knows that I'm dating someone else. But I have an idea both suspect it though.

Tygrrrr

Postby Lesley R. Charles » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 am

Tyger,

Good to see you back.
Come check me out on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/lesleycharles
Lesley R. Charles

Postby Schlodesss » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:43 am

ROFL don't hate the player hate the game :lol: Glad to hear you are doing well John.

Tygrrrr wrote:Neither of the guys knows that I'm dating someone else. But I have an idea both suspect it though.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby aquaman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Man, I don't know what caused me to look into this site, but I did and was shocked my old tag and password worked! I'm still around, and am glad to see some familiar names. I doubt many people will remember me?
aquaman

Postby furface » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Now, now, Liam! Who could forget y'all; such a nice Irish lad. :mrgreen:
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby aquaman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:09 pm

furface wrote:Now, now, Liam! Who could forget y'all; such a nice Irish lad. :mrgreen:

Thanks, Lou. I don't think I qualify for your official "welcome", but this will suffice. :wink:
aquaman

Postby olywaguy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:36 pm

Welcome back, Aqua. Where have you been all this time? What's going on in your life?
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby Tygrrrr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am

Lesley and Steve, thanks guys...errr gal and guy.

I'm not going to be dating either of the guys much longer. Both have issues, so it's time to move on.

Aqua, it's good too see you again.

Tygrrrr

Postby ispeaktexan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Whoa well thats not good.
Must be nice to have two guys, can't even get one.
Well i guess i can easily, just not one i like.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:27 pm

Tygrrrr wrote: I'm not going to be dating either of the guys much longer. Both have issues, so it's time to move on.

Pump em n dump em, git r dun Johnno :lol: [i'm jus buggin...]
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby olywaguy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 am

Tygrrrr wrote:I'm not going to be dating either of the guys much longer. Both have issues, so it's time to move on.

I don't know of any person whether male or female who doesn't have issues. There is no such thing as an issue-free relationship. I am sure if you asked both of your boyfriends, they might point issues that you may have.

I see this on dating profiles all the time. The way I interpret that is "I don't want to be bothered by real relationship stuff. I don't really care about you. I just want to get my rocks off. I want perfection in relationships...my kind of perfection."

Of course, no one is perfect...that is why we all have issues of some sort of another. Issues are challenges to see how committed you are to your relationship. An obstacle-free relationship is a boring one. Nothing can be learned from it. There isn't an opportunity to grow as a person.
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby Cajun » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:44 am

JOHN:

If both of the guys have issues that you are neither willing nor able to accept, MOVE ON. Don't waste your time on someone who you think needs to "change" - you're worth more than that, buddy!!!!
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby nimby » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:38 am

I kind of agree with Carlos here in that we all have issues in our lives that we drag around with us, unfortunately. And I do believe that one can work on them as a couple and bring you both closer together. But on the other hand, there are some things I will not tolerate, substance abuse being the main one. Being raised in an alcoholic home, I shudder at the thought of getting involved with somemone like that, so more often that not I run the other way. And that makes my pickings for "friends" much slimmer than I'd like. :(
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Tygrrrr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Ok, guy #1 is not willing to tell his family that he's gay. I found this out after dating him about 3 or 4 times. He told me that it will never happen. If anyone wants to tell me that's an issue I should deal with, then I'm willing to listen. The thing is I'm not going to get involved, in a serious relationship, where I would never meet his family. Yet he'd be willing to call my mom his mother-in-law. He referred to my mom as his future mother-in-law. He also said he wouldn't want to live together. To me that says piece on the side. That is a major issue!! I know I wouldn't be able to change his mind. I'm not willing to invest time to find out if that would or could change. I know we all have to come out in our own time and way. I'm not going to tell anyone to come out before his time. I'm also not going to out anyone.

Guy #2 is about 125 to 150 pounds overweight. He doesn't want to do anything about it. He has medical problems because of that. He told me that I should accept that about him. Do I expect model perfect body? NO! I know most people do not have a model's body, I know I've got a few extra pounds, but I'm also working on getting them off. Also he was pushing for an instant relationship. After talking online, texting and on the phone for a couple of weeks we met, in person. On the second date he was all but picking out the china pattern.

I'm willing to accept both of them as friends, but not as a boyfriend. So, yes maybe I have issues, about those two things. I don't expect perfection, because I know I'm not perfect. I know we all have baggage. It comes from living. I'm sure that I have issues others are don't want to have in their lives.

I'll just keep on looking for someone that our issues are something each of us can deal with separately and together.

Tygrrrr

Postby butch » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Don't take on a "boyfriend" unless you are really nuts about someone and you've had some time to get to know them.
The same taste in clothing is not a good enough reason, nor common likes. You have to really be willing to let them be them and they must allow you to be you, or it ain't gonna work. Room mates, maybe... until Mr. Right comes along. And remember you will change, and they will change. Never rush into the "moving in together" thing. Take a trip together and if you don't hate each other afterward it might work.

And remember that old adage about "setting them free" if you really love them. Mr. Perfect is an illusion so there will always be some things one must simply learn to adapt to in a relationship.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:03 pm

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, but I'm just thinking out loud. Besides it's late and way past my bed time so pardon the bluntness, but I got to say this.

Why is it that so many people today contemplate entering relationships as if they're buying a house or a new car, or worse, deciding on which color to paint the kitchen? Whatever happened to passion, pure lust, or simply taking a chance that magic may happen? If it doesn't, then move on.

I know for a fact that if I had rationalized to death the damn potential of a relationship with one certain guy, I might have missed out on the happiest 27 years of my life, and a relationship that is still going strong.

Just my 2 cents.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Return to Users Forum