Trying to Loose Weight

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Re: Trying to Loose Weight

Postby Schlodesss » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Nimby, in 1998 - 1999 I went from 265 lbs down to 174 lbs. My plan was simple I have this book here that teaches you how to calculate basal metabolic rate, and then determine the calories need to gain, maintain and lose weight. I forget but I think 3200 calories was a pound in weight. But it's been a while.

Anyway, what I did was make my calculations and 'tweaked' them [you know me.. always fine tuning sh*t] and I took in no more than 1400 calories in a day.. and drank lots of water and cheated sipping on skim milk... and eating tiny pieces of cheddar cheese.. I was working nights baking, and would get done around 5:30 am, and go bike 16 km on my BMX. I started losing 5 lbs a week. Every third week, as long as I stuck to my plan, I was allowed ONE award be it a pizza a big f'ing cake... you name it.. Then back to my regimen. I stuck to it from July 1998 to about August 1999 and I was down from 265 to 174.

Now for your question. I dunno... if find the answer as to how to stop seeing a fat unattractive guy in the mirror let me know... I let my self slide because of that very thing and am back up to about 260... but more solid muscle this time around, but still... BUT,... I go on my old computer and look at pics of me when I was 174.. hell even 190... and i'm like "damn I looked pretty darn goood.. boy did i ever f-this up. I used ot be handsome..".

I suggest you dig out some pics of you at your highest weight, and have a GOOD look at em. and a GOOD look at pics of you now... That should convince you...

And for what it's worth you have a very handsome face... when I look at your av.. I have to admit.. the top qualities in me come out lol... :twisted:

nimby wrote:So I'm sticking to my plans. I've lost so much weight that my clothes are falling off me (47 lbs), I'm eating right, even back at the gym three times a week and getting my shape back. Everyone's telling me I look great.

Then why, when I look in the mirror, do I still see a fat, unattractive guy? How long does it take to shake that image? Anyone?
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby nimby » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Schlodesss wrote:
Now for your question. I dunno... if find the answer as to how to stop seeing a fat unattractive guy in the mirror let me know... I let my self slide because of that very thing and am back up to about 260... but more solid muscle this time around, but still... BUT,... I go on my old computer and look at pics of me when I was 174.. hell even 190... and i'm like "damn I looked pretty darn goood.. boy did i ever f-this up. I used ot be handsome..".

I suggest you dig out some pics of you at your highest weight, and have a GOOD look at em. and a GOOD look at pics of you now... That should convince you...

And for what it's worth you have a very handsome face... when I look at your av.. I have to admit.. the top qualities in me come out lol... :twisted:

I swear Schlodesss, you have the best ideas. That is brilliant. I will. Now, "for what it's worth?" C'mon man. We've all seen you in your coveralls, you couldn't be much better lookin! Read the comments again. LOL!! Besides, I always take you seriously. 8)
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:03 pm

None of us ever meet our expectations of beauty, not even these guys...

http://retoni.com/

But someone out there will always find you attractive.

I look at couples all the time and wonder what they see in each other.

It's love, dat's wuts it is.

:D :D :D
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:12 pm

D-D-Dude...the second guy from the left on that link is amazingly attractive...
Thanks for that. Ha.

:/ Damn didn't know you had to have a membership or something.
I wanted to get into the fur salon ha.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:34 am

ispeaktexan wrote:D-D-Dude...the second guy from the left on that link is amazingly attractive...
Thanks for that. Ha.

:/ Damn didn't know you had to have a membership or something.
I wanted to get into the fur salon ha.

I just found the site... a friend sent me some photos from there. There are free links too including http://menonthenet.com

Speaking of "SELF IMAGE" I want to tell you all a couple of stories.

1. I am a furry guy. I started getting furry in my 20's and I HATED it. Still do. I really don't like being furry. I like hairless, skinny, and/or short guys. I'm 6'3"... a big tough looking guy. But, as it turns out, other guys seem always to have considered me to be a "hunk". Even into my 50's and 60's. So I've been blessed. Have never had a problem picking anyone up... just have trouble finding someone I like. Had a lover for 18 years, so that part of my life was fine... he died in 1994 of AIDS. Had a straight boyfriend... (he liked BJ's) after that so there was some relief. I was crazy about him. He moved to New York after becoming a photographer. He was an 18 year old street kid when I met him... very tough. Just my type. Very, very hunky.

The thing is, my furriness was NEVER a problem meeting anyone, nor having lots and lots of sex. It was only a problem for me looking in the mirror or seeing photos of myself.

2. In 1976, a former supervisor of mine from when I worked in a group home, asked me if I wanted to go to San Francisco with him as a spare driver and for company. I knew I'd have to put out, but nothing too bad. I let him "do me" a few times and he was OK at it. I was very poor, not working at the time, and knew this might be (and was) my only opportunity to go to S.F. so I took him up on the offer.

One night I went to the baths there. I had never experienced a bath house like it. Four floors of decadence... had a fabulous time with, count them, 7 different guys. It was fabulous. So I dragged myself back to the camper truck, totally bagged out. I was too tired to go again the next night but told my older friend he should go. He was fat, bulging eyes... not attractive in any way. He was shy in gay company, sweated when nervous. Definitely a worst case scenario. But I urged him, begged him to check it out. What could he lose except a few dollars to get in and time he wasn't using anyways.

He finally agreed to go. Next morning he returned and raved on an on about how FABULOUS it was and what a FANTASTIC time he had. The point is, even a fat, ugly guy will find SOMEONE who likes them. Some very beautiful guys like fat ugly slobs. Life is very strange.

SO.... the guy you see in the mirror is not the same guy a lot of other guys see. Be confident, at least TRY to look good, be clean, dress nicely, and SOMEONE will find you attractive and you just might hit it off with them, too.

It's 7:30am and I just did my stretching, had a tylenol and coffee (no pot to ease the pain anymore... trying to stay pot free. I'm dreaming long dreams again and my pooping problems have cleared up a bit. 4 doctors were no help at all, but apparently the pot was partly to blame).

Cool and damp in Vancouver, but the weather is supposed to clear. Going to video the bubble blowing party on the Drive (Commercial Drive at Charles St.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Users Forum