Ummm...hi all.....long time no see...

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Ummm...hi all.....long time no see...

Postby JW » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Hmmmm yeah, thought long and hard about this but yeah, if you'll have me that is, I maybe like to rejoin?
Last edited by JW on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JW

Postby furface » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Well it's about time y'all dragged your sorry tall Dutch self back here! Gone 3+ years. :lol: :lol:

You can stay if'n ya play nice with others, stand up straight, and don't eat the paste during art time. Oh, and no stalling the others' lunches or milk money.

Fair enough? :wink:
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby chidiver » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Have you ever looked into Gamma Knife treatments for your Cluster Headaches?
Homosexuality is like duck hunting. Interesting only to those who practice it, and for those who want to stop it.
chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby michaelk69 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:04 am

hey JW, nice to see you back :-)
michaelk69

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 am

Welcome back.

I get cluster migraines every year at the end of summer/start of fall. Well for 5 years now anyway. Wish there was a cure. :(
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby JW » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:15 pm

[i][quote="furface"]Well it's about time y'all dragged your sorry tall Dutch self back here! Gone 3+ years. :lol: :lol:
You can stay if'n ya play nice with others, stand up straight, and don't eat the paste during art time. Oh, and no stalling the others' lunches or milk money. Fair enough? :wink:[/quote][/i]

Fair enough allright! Has it been three years already? Jeebs, time dóes fly!
"Stand up straight"?: you sound like my mother! :D
Okay, and I promise I'll behave this time around, but to prevent it from getting boring I reserve the right to be naughty at times, with or without boardmembers. ;-)

[i][quote="chidiver"]Have you ever looked into Gamma Knife treatments for your Cluster Headaches? [/quote][/i]
Nope, but I looked into them now, and eeeekk that sounds a lot like brainsurgery ! The cause of cluster headaches isn't known, so I doubt they know what part of the brain to operate on! Thanks anyway for bringing it up, it could well have the one treatment I was looking for!
I take part in a study by the University of Leiden into headaches, and although it won't do me any good (by the time they figured it out I'll be either the oldest man alive, or I'd be pushing up generations of daisies already) it may hopefully prevent others from going through this hell on earth.

[i][quote="michaelk69"]hey JW, nice to see you back[/quote][/i]
Hey, bon soir monsieur, merci! Ça va? Excusez mon Français, je parle Français comme un vache Espanol, et j'ecrit Français even worse! :D

[i][quote="Earl Butz"]I get cluster migraines every year[/quote][/i]
Ugh, guess I'm the "lucky" one then with "only" getting them every 2,5 years or so. My thoughts are with you, and thanks for the welcome back!
JW

Postby batty » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Hey JW!!

Heureux de te voir de retour. Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about those excruciatingly debilitating headaches.
And don't worry, even though you have been gone for a while, you still haven't lost your place our resident expert on all things Dutch :D .

Welcome back! :)
batty

Postby JW » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:09 pm

batty wrote:Hey JW!!
Heureux de te voir de retour. Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about those excruciatingly debilitating headaches.
And don't worry, even though you have been gone for a while, you still haven't lost your place our resident expert on all things Dutch :D .
Welcome back! :)

Hey buddy!
Good to see you're still around. It's been a while, hasn't it? Two years or so since that overnighter? Hope life's been treating you well!
JW

Postby madsglen » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Umm, hey there JW (he says with sheepishly :oops: since he really dropped the ball a long time ago...).

Good to see you back here on the board. I just went through re-entry to SA.com myself after being away for at least a couple of years (for a lot of reasons, some of which I believe we had in common). So sorry to hear you're still experienceing the headaches.

And for the rest of you, yes, JW is our resident experts on all things Dutch but he and I both know that 'Dutch boys know everything!!!' :wink:
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby JW » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:49 pm

madsglen wrote:And for the rest of you, yes, JW is our resident experts on all things Dutch but he and I both know that 'Dutch boys know everything!!!' :wink:

And if, all deities forbid, I come across something I dón't know then there's always trusty Google to uphold my "reputation"! :wink:
(Ewwww, did I just make my secret known to the world? :shock: Ah well, nobody ever reads this, right?)
So yeah, it's been a while since you dropped out of cyberspace, shall we say? :wink: Hope all's well in Seattle!
JW

Return to Users Forum