Official "So what'd y'all do this weekend???" II

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Official "So what'd y'all do this weekend???" II

Postby Schlodesss » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:13 am

Not much here.

Fri.. Hung out at home and didnt do much of anything... Putzed in the garage a little. At this point in the weekend I am going to the track Sat. morning but I pretty much know that I wont be by the forecasts.

Sat morning no track, but lotsa rain...

So, about 11 am, I went to the Chrysler dealer for fun. That red SRT-4 is still there... this is going on a year it's sat there. It stickers at $28,695 + taxes and stuff. A saleswoman came out, she seemed nice.. I asked her what the deal was with the car.. seeing as how it hasn't sold and has just sat there almost a year... Asker her if they would consider making the price 'more inviting' in order to move the car. We went in, and she ended up getting me some friends and family discount.. works out to about 6.5% off the sticker price and knocked it down to $26,821 + everything... 15% taxes, gas tax [???] destination balh blah blah, but it still ends up being a total amount of $30,844.15 when its all said and done, and tires are squealing violently and turbos are spooling off the lot.. And they wont go 60 months at 0% only 48... I said to her, "Is there not some way you can arrange 0% on this car seeing as how its about to be a year old and has not moved???". "Nope we dont decide what the financing rates are. But they change month to month come back on the 1st and maybe it will be 0% / 60 mo. then." "Ok..". It also had 128 KMs [78 miles] on it.. so it's been... RAN... more than a few times.. I'd like to see about another $2000 off that $30K total, and 0% for 60 months, and I think i'd grab the car.. but not that in need of a new ride.. My mom said "wait till February, if its still there, go back, you'll get what you want".

Left the Chrysler dealer and baby Jesus & mother nature decided to get a real sense of humour and make it sunny and very nice out... 70+* Seeing as how it was a little late to leave to go race, I took advantage of the nice afternoon, and re painted the roof on the Caprice... The guy I had actually redo it last year only put one thin coat of the rocker guard on, [ "come back, i promise.. i'll put two more coats on.." :roll: I saw him a hundred times and asked but always an excuse.. live n learn] and never even covered some spots thoroughly, and it was rusting through a month after. Looks pretty good now :P and 3 thick coats on it now. Didn't do much else afterwards.

Was thinking of going up to the track this morn, last day of the season, but its dark and cloudy [not raining] and cold and miserable out. And Forecast for the racetracks town is showers... :evil: Next year. I'm sure the sun will come out by around 11 this morning now... :roll:

The so so 12.54 @ 109 MPH will have to be it for the year for the Mustang. I know it's alot quicker than that now anyways... i've done some stuff since I ran the 12.50s in September.

Back to work tonight... :?
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Texas_Thang » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:54 am

Friday night Steve and I hit our favorite Tex-Mex place for dinner and some happy hour beers.

Saturday was interesting...out to lunch, then some shopping, then some dinner with a fellow Dallas SA member. (waves hi to him)...

THEN...

We went down to the gayborhood for the Halloween Street Party!
What fun...even though I really don't like enclosed crowds (they make me nervous), it was GREAT to see all those costumes...we saw two Joan Crawfords, a Ketchup and Mustard, Three Blind Mice, and a LOT of straight people. LOL. It was fun. Then we went to the Dallas Eagle and watched their costume contest...the winner's wasn't that great, in my and Steve's opinion.

Sunday we're just going to stay in and hope the Packers beat the Redskins. Did you know that anytime the Redskins have a game on the Sunday before election day at home....IF they win, the incumbent stays in office...IF they lose, he doesn't. This goes back to FDR.

Go Pack Go! 8)
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby Alex79 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:52 pm

Saturday went mainly in the library. What fun! :) Later that day I taught Finnish to the Spaniard. He is a funny guy. Keeps telling me all the time how he thinks his work is sh*t and how he wants a change in his life. When he speaks, his hands move in all directions. Come to think of it, he can't sit still on his chair. :D

On Sunday I started the planning for Operation Kugelblitz. Well, I believe in good planning. The inspiration for good planning probably comes from the German General Staff, boy did they like to plan. I am aware that once contact has been made with the enemy (which in this case is the KLM and NS, especially these two) all plans fly out of the window. :shock: But that is the reason why you have to make good plans, for different scenarios. Oh yes, Operation Kugelblitz is the code-name(yes I know, my life is sad :D ) for my trip to the Netherlands. 8)
Schild und Schwert der Partei

More forwards, please!

You want to kill me for that drunk, silly man?!

Swiftly and with Style!

We will what when we what?
Alex79

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:34 pm

Yay!! The Packers won!! And so will Kerry? :D

My Denver Broncos are bombing out lately though. :cry:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby FuzzyScorpio » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:10 pm

Did the usual local Mexican restaurant with all the 'group' except the nurse, who had to work. Then went back to the BF's, had cheesecake and watched "Latter Days." As part of celebrating my 42nd. 3 nice cards (two with $0.42 change -- inside joke), a plate of yummy homemade cinnamon rolls, and a Star Wars lightsaber with authentic sound effects taken straight! from the movie.
I *do not* understand what you are talking about, so I'm hanging up now.
FuzzyScorpio

Postby Lamtron » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:20 pm

Did the usual local Mexican restaurant with all the 'group' except the nurse, who had to work. Then went back to the BF's, had cheesecake and watched "Latter Days." As part of celebrating my 42nd. 3 nice cards (two with $0.42 change -- inside joke), a plate of yummy homemade cinnamon rolls, and a Star Wars lightsaber with authentic sound effects taken straight! from the movie.

I had one of those lightsabers a long long time ago in a galaxy far away. Went to a party saturday, just your regular young shenanigans, boozing and dancing. I ended up being the designated driver which was pretty funny since I nearly passed out in the front lawn. Good thing I sober quick. Today I'm stuck indoors doing homework and giving candy to trick or treaters. I wish I bought an ogre mask or something festive.
Lamtron

Postby TJ1450 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:28 pm

Not much either. Tried to rest and relax and prepare to do it all again this week.
TJ1450

Postby SpendingSomeTime » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:03 pm

Studied and studied. Went on an afternoon date---which was ... good (he says cautiously)
SpendingSomeTime

Postby olywaguy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:48 am

TJ1450 wrote:Not much either. Tried to rest and relax and prepare to do it all again this week.

Welcome to the board TJ1450. It's nice to have another Southerner on the board. I grew up in Tupelo, MS if you know where that is.

The guys here are nice and friendly so don't hesitate to post your heart's desire.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Mike82 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:12 am

Yesterday night was holloween which i went there with my friends, First time at a gay bar at holloween ( i went as a Vampire althought what i have in mind was a vampiere, Half vampire and half human type) Its was fun my friend went as the horny devil guess what that means :lol:
Mike82

Postby olywaguy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:19 am

Mike82 wrote:Yesterday night was holloween which i went there with my friends, First time at a gay bar at holloween ( i went as a Vampire althought what i have in mind was a vampiere, Half vampire and half human type) Its was fun my friend went as the horny devil guess what that means :lol:

I didn't know there was Halloween in Malaysia. Has it always been that way? Well how was the party?
Carlos

olywaguy

Postby jpster » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:39 pm

I decided to take it easy this weekend, plus too broke to go out. So had a good piano practice, good workouts at the pool, concentrating on technique improvement. Down to 15 strokes/length (and it was a horrific 25 a month ago). One length: 25 m.

But the most interesting part of it was me visiting a few of the NATO battleships (frigates) that were stationned in Montreal's Old Port for a few days. They are part of "Stanavforlant: - Standing Naval Forces Atlantic - forces that are used in peacetime to test maneuvers or something like that... Ships were open to the public on Saturday. I visited ships from Canada, Germany and Holland, got to hold and aim an (unloaded!) Uzi machine gun and an automatic rifle. Those guns are a lot heavier than they look in the movies!

The German boat was by far the most secure - you had your bags checked and guards posted with machine guns and wearing flak jackets. The Canadian one - well, you just walked in and out, and had even access to the bridge. Just to keep our reputation going.

It made me want to spend some time on the high seas... it's always a been a dream of mine. Preferably not on a warship. But if I was offered...

And I realized I have a military uniform fetish. You learn something new everyday. heheh

And Sunday tapered off with me watching "The Big Lebowski" and a few episodes of Due South on DVD...
jpster

Postby puggo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:14 pm

On Friday, I went out with a friend of mine and his boyfriend du jour. We hung out in Ft. Lauderdale FL where all the gay clubs/bars in South Florida are moving too. Saturday I baby sat my 20 month old nephew. On Sunday I was invited by Lexus(car company: www.lexustasteofluxury.com ) to do a consumer comparison test of drive of their cars verses all other competitors. I am a big car buff and to drive on a track $40,000 --$90,000 cars against each other is a dream as many times as you want is well...a dream. Then on Sunday evening I went with friends to South Beach (Miami Beach) for their annual Mardi-Gras like Halloween street party.
puggo

Postby rugby_prop » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:04 am

on FRIDAY, i woke up at 630am to do my thing with the swim team. thank god we've gotten to a point where we talk to each other. half the time i feel so comatose from not sleeping enough that i could pass out on the massage table myself. at 10am i booked it over to work at the GAP. god i don't know why i do retail sometimes. after that i did another shift at school, which ended at 1130pm.
SATURDAY was pretty much the same thing, worked at the GAP in the morning and then at school until 6pm. i made an attempt at going out, but ended up passing out well into SUNDAY afternoon.
fortunately, sunday i had the day off. i turned of my cell phone and was not disturbed until i was ready to be bothered by the outside world. i also got to see my parents for the first time. it has been almost 2 weeks and our schedules are so off, it was nice seeing them. i eventually did some homework, actually i tried. there's such difficulty in focusing on the finer points of athletic conditiong and performance, along with sport medicine. eventually my godchildren came over and i took them out for halloween. that was the highlight of my night. i could spoil my godchildren rotten if i could. that's about it for me...yeah i know, i'm boring.
my hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me, so won't you kill me, so i die happy. my heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelry, which ever you prefer.
rugby_prop

Postby mikeoas » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:48 am

Friday: woke up in hotel in Liverpool with Alex (my b/f) after a Halloween night out (I may tell about that at a later date), had breakfast and then went back to Manchester by train, where I did some stuff on my new (recently-built-by-my-fair-hands :? ) computer before driving to my mum's for dinner and relaxing in front of the TV.

Saturday: woke up very early and drove back up to Manchester to meet Alex and some friends from Manchester at the station before we got a train to Blackpool for the day. Unfortunately, my mobile phone was stolen while I was on the train ... not good. :cry: However, we went to the Pleasure Beach and went on some very scary and very wet rides ... photos available on request! :P Spent most of the night eating fish and chips and walking down the sea front before getting to the station for a train back home (at student flats). Although we were tired, Alex and I had a shower together before going to bed ... :wink:

Sunday: woke up with Alex an hour earlier than we thought (as the clocks went back an hour overnight) and watched the DVD of A Fish Called Wanda before we drove to the Trafford Centre (a large shopping mall on the outskirts of Manchester). There I got myself a new phone on monthly contract instead of pay-as-you-go, something I'd been longing to do for a while now, before buying "Secret Santa" Christmas presents for my sister and wandering around the shops with Alex, occasionally holding hands with him (rather brave in retrospect!). Afterwards, I dropped him off at the station and I drove to my mum's for Sunday dinner and to collect some clothes before going back to Manchester again.

So you can tell I do a lot of travelling at the weekends, can't you? :D
mikeoas

Postby DangerBay » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:22 am

Went to a Halloween party on Saturday and kissed a hot straight guy. :) 8) Also, went downtown to help my friend set up for her Halloween party, 'cept I couldn't stay there cuz I had to work the next morning. :(
..From the sky you looked small but I loved you the same, so I darted back quickly to spell out your name.
And when they say that I'm just a terrible kite, you'll tell them you're proud of my loveless flight..
- Copeland
DangerBay

Postby scguy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:16 pm

DangerBay wrote:Went to a Halloween party on Saturday and kissed a hot straight guy. :) 8) Also, went downtown to help my friend set up for her Halloween party, 'cept I couldn't stay there cuz I had to work the next morning. :(

WAIT A MINUTE DangerBay...you CAN'T say I kissed a hot straight guy and just leave it at that. NEED more info here. :D
scguy

Postby Brandon » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:27 pm

Saturday and Sunday both in Salem MA is like Halloween from Hell. The number of tourists in Salem this year was far higher than any of us locals expected. TONS and TONS of people milling all about...

Saturday late afternoon got the Ferrari out of the drive and went to the next town to a garage to keep it from any vandalism or witches' curses. By the time I got back to Salem it was so crowded with parked cars and costumed people that it was hard to actually get home.

Sunday I stayed in and cleaned the house. My neighbor and best buddy foolishly took out his Ferrari and we went joy-riding all over. Not sure what got more attention - the car or the folks in strange costumes... Knocked back a few beers and got home in time for the trick-treaters. Most Salem residents hide on Halloween and my buddy and I did the same... We rarely get the kids to the door for candy so this time we just hung out a window and watched the freak show with a cigar and a bottle of Crown Royal.

Overall, a fun weekend without the stress... lot's to drink, lots to eat, and lots of freaky people to see! LOL

BOO!
Brandon

Postby Cajun » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:37 pm

BTW Brandon, I don't guess that your parents would be interested in adopting another child, would they? I've always wanted a Ferrari....... =P~
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby Brandon » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:44 pm

My parents? I'm 43 years old! My mother did buy me the Ferrari and my buddy owes a crapload on his.... A model 328 is no more expensive than many of the luxury SUV's that everyone seems to own these days... the only thing expensive about a Ferrari is the mechanics bills!

I am NOT from a wealthy family at all.... I financially bailed my elderly mother out about 6 years ago when she had some serious personal/medical bills and such... My F-car was more of a repayment than a gift - although she paid a lot of interest on that loan....

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence...
Brandon

Postby RedRage00 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:59 pm

Went to the Bonham Saturday night with my new friend Joel and his best friend Saritha....had a blast getting drunk and dancing all night.

My friend Joel has pics posted on his site......

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=correcaminos

Joe
RedRage00

Postby cass34 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:44 pm

DangerBay,

We want details. We NEED details. Come on, fill us in.
cass34

Thanks Olywaguy.....

Postby TJ1450 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:02 am

olywaguy wrote:
TJ1450 wrote:Not much either. Tried to rest and relax and prepare to do it all again this week.

Welcome to the board TJ1450. It's nice to have another Southerner on the board. I grew up in Tupelo, MS if you know where that is.

The guys here are nice and friendly so don't hesitate to post your heart's desire.

Yeah I know where Tupelo, MS is .... I'm familiar with that area. How long have you been away from home? Thanks for the flowers and look forward to joining the board more often.
TJ1450

Postby DangerBay » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:09 am

Well, since you asked Scott, here's specifically what happened.

When I went downtown to visit my friend, one of my other good friends came with me (both friends are female). I've been good friends with these girls since public school, and we're still really tight.

Then, two guys that they are friends with came down to visit/help set up too. Both of them good looking. I assumed they came because they wanted to hook up with one either one of my girls. So after joking around with them/spending the entire day with them, I realized that the one guy was a real c0cktease, being really touchy-feely, making gay innuendos. etc.

All four of us (minus my friend who lives downtown, obviously) came back home and went to a Halloween house party at another friend's house. Well, there were two slutty girls in school girl uniforms and this guy (who knows I'm gay) was like "if you two kiss, I'll kiss Dan" I almost hit the floor. So that's how it happened.

BUT. It wasn't like a grandma kiss like the two girls who were clearly not into each other, it was slow and hot, no tongue, but really good. After that I asked him how it was, and well, he seemed to enjoy it! Now I'm in a mess of confusion because the more I think about it, and the more people who talk to me about it, the more I think he could be gay/bi.

If not, he's the biggest.c0cktease.EVER....in the history of time....ever.

And at the same time I feel kinda bad/slutty because I AM sorta in an "undefined" relationship with a guy.

So that was my Saturday.. did I mention I worked on Friday/Sunday? *cough cough*
..From the sky you looked small but I loved you the same, so I darted back quickly to spell out your name.
And when they say that I'm just a terrible kite, you'll tell them you're proud of my loveless flight..
- Copeland
DangerBay

Re: Thanks Olywaguy.....

Postby olywaguy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:37 am

TJ1450 wrote:
olywaguy wrote:

Yeah I know where Tupelo, MS is .... I'm familiar with that area. How long have you been away from home? Thanks for the flowers and look forward to joining the board more often.

Well, I moved to Olympia from MS six years in Jan. 2005. I love it here. It's great. I don't miss the Southern humidity at all. The people are nice and friendly.
Carlos

olywaguy

Next

Return to Users Forum