n00b here from North Carolina

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

n00b here from North Carolina

Postby BreakerOneNine » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Hello everyone. The name is Jeff. I am 32...will be 33 Feb 12th. I am a down to earth guy. I run an Electronic Dance Music site. I am also a Club Promoter. Have been throwing parties since 94. I am an old school raver. I love to travel. I also went to culinary school, so I can cook and like to do it. I quit smoking cigarettes a month ago today. Have not quit smoking the green though...lol. Don't know what else to say. Feel free to ask questions or what not. :mrgreen:
BreakerOneNine

Postby Sportsguy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:11 pm

Welcome Breaker! Hope to read more from you here on the forums! :D
Sportsguy

Postby devilnuts » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:17 am

Hi.
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby cloudy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:27 am

Hi... I'm not online, but I check out this thread from temps en temps

I'm an old fart who paints and is busy building my newest web adventure at http://butchboard.com which I hope will be useful to many.

Butch
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T.S. Eliot
cloudy

Re: n00b here from North Carolina

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 am

BreakerOneNine wrote:Hello everyone. The name is Jeff. I am 32...will be 33 Feb 12th. I am a down to earth guy. I run an Electronic Dance Music site. I am also a Club Promoter. Have been throwing parties since 94. I am an old school raver. I love to travel. I also went to culinary school, so I can cook and like to do it. I quit smoking cigarettes a month ago today. Have not quit smoking the green though...lol. Don't know what else to say. Feel free to ask questions or what not. :mrgreen:

Hey, Jeff. . . Love the signature clip. I, too, am on month #2 of no cigarettes (after around 30 years of heavy intake). . . I quit the green a few years back when years of cross-pollination made it too damn strong.
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member

Postby Tygrrrr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome aboard fellow North Carolinian. What part of the state are you in?
Change you can believe in.

Translation - Pocket change is all you'll have left. You can believe in that!
Tygrrrr

Postby Screamer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 pm

That movie is almost too provocative
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby BreakerOneNine » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 am

Hello guys and thanks for the welcome! Sorry It took me so long to get back on here, I have been out of the country. Hope all is well with everyone. Now I am going to check this site out more thoroughly.
BreakerOneNine

Postby JakeMIke » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 am

Welcome! Good job on quitting smoking! I did it 18 yrs. ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Welcome! Look forward hearing from you. What's your dance music site address?
Daknee

Postby DeckApe » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:03 pm

And where's that little vid clip in your sig from? :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Re: n00b here from North Carolina

Postby J » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:21 pm

BreakerOneNine wrote:Hello everyone. The name is Jeff. I am 32...will be 33 Feb 12th. I am a down to earth guy. I run an Electronic Dance Music site. I am also a Club Promoter. Have been throwing parties since 94. I am an old school raver. I love to travel. I also went to culinary school, so I can cook and like to do it. I quit smoking cigarettes a month ago today. Have not quit smoking the green though...lol. Don't know what else to say. Feel free to ask questions or what not. :mrgreen:

So much for being the only Jeff on here...No seriously, welcome! I'm also 32 (okay shut up everyone, I'm 34; 35 this fall) and like to think I'm a down to earth guy, but those who know me might say otherwise. I work a boring IT job, but just thankful to be working right now. Live just outside Boston, MA where we got 20" of snow on Monday. I have never tried a cigarette in my life, but was addicted to painkillers (percocet, vicodin, oxycontin, dilaudid, etc, up to 30-40 pills a day at my worst) for almost a decade (going on eight months clean now, it took a year and a half of methadone tapering to wean me off). So I definitely know the physical addiction thing, and how much it sucks! Anyway, this isn't about me. Welcome again, and hope you enjoy your stay (take that however you want, haha).
J

Return to Users Forum