So.... what's everyone look like????

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

Re: So.... what's everyone look like????

Postby Guinness Fan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:27 am

^^ J -
You're aging gracefully - handsome & well preserved for the ripe old age of 35. Well Done!!
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby J » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:22 am

Thanks. Well here's my first official "mug" as a bona fide 35 year old:

J

Postby onut » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Hey bitches, I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!!! OK, not really. Well, sort of. Anyway, here's me, as of last weekend at Gay Days Disneyland.

And at the Space Needle over my b-day weekend last month.

That's all. Nothing more to see here. Carry on. :lol:
Tams I'll call ya back later, the boss is being a real Catch U Next Tuesday.
onut

Postby variant » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:12 am

lol hey guys...um how exactly do you post a photo here? The img button doesn't seem to do much.
variant

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 am

Gee Seattle hasn't changed much the last twenty years.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Earl Butz wrote:Gee Seattle hasn't changed much the last twenty years.

Yeah, I suppose it is tough to change the hills, mountains, water, etc. But as someone who's lived here for the past 20 years I'd say the skyline behind 'Onut' has changed quite a bit. About a third of those tall buildings in the background are new in that time. Granted, the Space Needle hasn't changed much (but we wouldn't want it to!) but at the base of the Space Needle there's the monstrosity called the Experience Music Project! Other things... A huge migration of people moving downtown to live. The old 'gay' neighbohoods like Capitol Hill have 'gentrified' and gone generic on us. The formerly quirky and cool neighborhoods like Ballard and Fremont and the waterfront have become decidedly un-funky (and far less interesting). And my neighborhood (the Central District or 'C.D.') has definitely gentrified and become popular as a place to live. Some of us are a bit sad about that but what're you gonna do...
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 am

I had a lovely meal in Capitol hill in 1990....at Jack in the Box. :P Yeah I suppose things have changed. I just meant the skyline still looks similar. I don't remember Costco being so huge twenty years ago. And you lost your basketball team and that ugly Kingdome. Did anyone care about Bill Gates twenty years ago? I think I had heard of him. I remember thinking "Wow. Bill Gates lives here." :mrgreen:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

The whole town went to hell after Ivar Haglund died.

Keep clam.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:27 pm

DeckApe wrote:The whole town went to hell after Ivar Haglund died.

Keep clam.

:lol: Good one! Watch out for those pesky underwater billboards. Bet they could wreak havoc on the ferries if you snag one on the way to the dock.

I'd also posit the demise of 'Lesser Seattle' after Emmett Watson died and the sad demise of Rainier Beer commercials was what led us to the swarm of development over the last 10 years and the demise of Old Ballard, Old Fremont, etc. Thank God Kemper Freeman decided it was too much bother to drive across the bridges. Then again, old Emmett might have found a kindred spirits in Tim Eyman and Ken Hutcherson and pushed us back to the 50's... :roll:
madsglen

Postby DeckApe » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 am

Haven't found any of the underwater billboards yet, but I don't think they'd have fared as well in salt water. Besides, there weren't any Ivars' joints in the San Juans. :lol:

I always enjoyed Emmett Watson's work, cantankerous old crust that he was. I don't know what his politics were, though.

My favorite photo of Ivar Haglund is one with the Kalakala in the background... go figure. :)
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby J » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 am

Wow, the sun actually shines in Seattle? I didn't know that! Well I'm kidding. Then again, I've never been there. I know it does, but I hear there are only certain times of the year to visit if you don't want the rain and see Mt. Rainier in the distance, and everybody says August is your best bet (those I've spoken to anyway).
J

Postby olywaguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:31 am

J wrote:Wow, the sun actually shines in Seattle? I didn't know that! Well I'm kidding. Then again, I've never been there. I know it does, but I hear there are only certain times of the year to visit if you don't want the rain and see Mt. Rainier in the distance, and everybody says August is your best bet (those I've spoken to anyway).

That sounds about right. You are more than welcome to come visit us. I am sure a few of the butch board Washingtonians would enjoy meeting you (I had that privilege during the Vegas reunion).

Lately, though, we've had the rainy, grey, cloudy days. However, we didn't have that much rain this summer and we are overdue for some.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby J » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:46 am

Right. We got all the rain (in July anyway) then almost nothing in August, except oppressive humidity and 95+ degree heat almost every day (hit 100+ a few times that month, I think 104 was the highest, with dewpoints well in the 70s, and having no A/C was brutal). Sept. was nice, Oct. has been cold! It snowed 2 nights ago here! Well, only a dusting, but still, Oct. 18 is very early for our first snowfall. It's usually in November. Yesterday and today have been great fall days. Sunny and in the 60s, and perfect to walk around and take pictures of the awesome foliage I missed so much while I wasn't here (CA did have some foliage, but no sugar maples, etc, which are the brightest). I finally got some heating oil today, but I should have ordered it a few weeks ago when I really needed it (had to use space heaters during that time, can't wait to see my electric bill...). I have to seal off my bedroom (where the thermostat is) because this place is about 100 years old, and has radiators, which go through the oil like crazy. Also need to get the plastic window insulators on before it gets cold again, which it will, and I hear we're in for a harsher winter than last year. I like snow and all, but below zero temperatures, AS A HIGH, with a lot of wind, can be very unforgiving. I'm sure my Canadian and upper midwest friends would agree...

PS, I'd love to visit, but money is very tight, though hopefully that won't be the case next summer (I want to go when it's sunny and I can see Mt. Rainier in the distance...
J

Postby Earl Butz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:34 am

Apparently the best time to visit Seattle or Vancouver is in early spring. It's way warmer than most places and the flowers come out early.
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:16 am

Welp... I am 34 and I have quite the amount of grey hair some in my beard and some in my actual hair on the left side... I'm glad I hope it all goes salt and pepper... it would look better IMO... I welcome it.
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby nimby » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 am

I have a couple of grey hairs on my head, yet all of my facial hair is very grey!!! That's why I keep it to a minimum.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Salt and pepper grey is pretty cool. Unfortunately, that's not in the cards for me since I'm basically a blonde. Lots of grey in the beard, which Is why I went to the goatee and mustache. Otherwise it made me look older than I truly am. Grey at the temples and sides coming in, too, etc. I'd be fine with going totally grey but lately it all seems to be falling out faster than the grey on top is coming in! It's the grey chest hair taking over that annoys me :x
madsglen

Postby J » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm about 50-75% gray (technically white). I first started finding them when I was about 17 and I've dyed it constantly since my early-mid 20s. I used to dye it dark brown (what it originally was) but switched to jet black recently as for some reason, brown seems to fade quicker, even the permanent dyes. Since I like to keep it short, I have to dye it once or twice a week. Oh well. I'll keep doing it as long as I live. I don't think I inherited baldness (my dad has a thick head of white hair at age 67, and my 32 year old brother has a very thick head of wiry salt/pepper hair. People who see us together think I'm the younger one, LOL).
J

Postby olywaguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Now, this is one of the sexiest guys in the world and he looks better now than when he was younger.

Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:10 pm

^^^^^^^^^^ Yup, he's aging like fine wine - getting better with age^^^^^^^^ Definitely a 10+++
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby doogie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:54 pm

madsglen wrote:Salt and pepper grey is pretty cool. Unfortunately, that's not in the cards for me since I'm basically a blonde. Lots of grey in the beard, which Is why I went to the goatee and mustache. Otherwise it made me look older than I truly am. Grey at the temples and sides coming in, too, etc. I'd be fine with going totally grey but lately it all seems to be falling out faster than the grey on top is coming in! It's the grey chest hair taking over that annoys me :x

Trust me Madsglen, blondes can go grey too...I'm well on my way! :roll: But as I've let my hair grow out over the last few months, it looks darker because it covers the grey on the sides (as well as the monkey butt on the top! LOL). But there are grey hairs popping in all over.... :)
doogie

Postby madsglen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:14 am

doogie wrote:Trust me Madsglen, blondes can go grey too...I'm well on my way! :roll: But as I've let my hair grow out over the last few months, it looks darker because it covers the grey on the sides (as well as the monkey butt on the top! LOL). But there are grey hairs popping in all over.... :)

Oh, I know we blondes can go grey, Doog. It's happening to me (both grey and receding rapidly :( ). What I meant was the 'salt & pepper' look isn't going to be in the cards for me since I don't have dark hair to show the contrast that most find so attractive (including me). The grey and my light-colored hair are mostly just blending in together or washing each other out, depending on how you want to look at it.
madsglen

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:03 am

I don't know why but I don't find Anderson Cooper sexy. He's smart, handsome, beautiful hair, beautiful eyes, etc, etc. I guess it's the white hair. When I see white, I think old. I never found Phil Donahue sexy either. He had all the same qualities. I wish Phil was my father, though. Such a nice man. :mrgreen:
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 pm

I think Anderson Cooper does look sexy with his hair. Although I have never seen him any other way than with grey hair. However not many men look good with salt and pepper or greying hair. It just makes them look old. In my opinion. Unfortunatly I'm turning at my temples and tried to dye it but it's too hard to keep up so I'm just gonna have to see where nature goes. But I know I won't look like Anderson Cooper :cry:
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Yeah, Anderson Cooper does nothing for me either.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to Users Forum