So.... what's everyone look like????

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

So.... what's everyone look like????

Postby Schlodesss » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:28 pm

There has been a lot of talk on here about looks, working out, what look is hot, what fashion is a deal breaker, blah blah blah.

So.. put you money where your mouth is and lets just see what everyone looks like. Lots of new people have joined and it's been a while since we had a pic of us thread. I dunno, I like to put a face to the name, and see who I am speaking with.

That means you too Drac :wink:

It's can only get better from here:

--------------
Schlodesss

Postby blackmet » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Me, at the Ace Hi, April '08. I take such horrid pics, though.

Oh, and Schlodes you're not bad looking. And can fix my car. I think you'd do well here.

We can sit for a while and talk about
The things that bring you down
Like heaven and martini's
And boys that hang around
If if told you my biggest secret
Would you promise me you'd stay?
It isn't what you're thinking
It's simple in a way
blackmet

Postby yes_I_am_so_what » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:40 pm

This one's fairly recent
There are so many emotions available. Why strive only for happiness?
yes_I_am_so_what

Postby Screamer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:16 pm

I like, I like, I like

My features are currently unavailable for political reasons. Probably not your cup of tea - big deal.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:01 pm

I can't ever put my pic out there on a website. The nature of my work would make that permanently compromising. When I start seeing a guy and he asks for a picture of me, that has always set off alarms because I don't know who he is going to show it to or what he's going to do with it. I have never asked anyone for a picture of them, because I don't need a momento...they're already etched in my memory.

In the past I used to do yahoo and webcam from the neck down, until encountering a guy I clicked with and then we would show faces too. I got over that when I showed my face to someone locally and it turned out it was someone I knew in real life. It was embarassing for BOTH of us.... :oops:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby jkav » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:32 pm

This is me... being myself, I guess.
A trip into the unknown is always something that can make us happy.
jkav
Veteran Member

Postby Schlodesss » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Screamer - it's been a long time since there's been a thread like this, I didn't post it up to see if anyone would be my cup of tea really [lol, who the f__k am I anyways..? shrug], more just put faces to the names, like I have mentioned in another thread somewhere, there really is no such thing as bad looks, someone somewhere will always have a liking....

Drac - that's too bad, if you took my intent as calling you out, I apologize, you post a lot and it just makes me wonder. And don't take this as it's going to sound because i'm not in your position, but I gave up being in total hiding it was too hard on the system. Besides, if, say, my buddy Derrek joined up here tomorrow, not knowing I was on here and started posting, sharing experiences etc, chances are i'd at least be scratching my head. What i'm wondering is, if someone already really knows us well do you think they could "tell" from our posting [our style so to speak, along with familiar stuff] it would be us? I've always wondered that... but then why are they here?

I dunno.. too much too deep, I just wondered what everyone looked like :? So far we seem like a handsome bunch :o
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby onut » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Me and one of my hags at Gay Days at Disneyland last October. The beard is gone and the goatee is back (after seeing pictures with the beard I said uh uh, me no likey).

Image[/img]
Tams I'll call ya back later, the boss is being a real Catch U Next Tuesday.
onut

Postby J » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 pm

This is about as recent a picture of me as there is (to my knowledge). Just a crappy webcam shot taken about 2-3 months ago. Sorry it's small, I haven't installed photoshop on this laptop yet.

J

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:11 am

Schlodesss wrote:Screamer - it's been a long time since there's been a thread like this, I didn't post it up to see if anyone would be my cup of tea really [lol, who the f__k am I anyways..? shrug], more just put faces to the names, like I have mentioned in another thread somewhere, there really is no such thing as bad looks, someone somewhere will always have a liking....

Drac - that's too bad, if you took my intent as calling you out, I apologize, you post a lot and it just makes me wonder. And don't take this as it's going to sound because i'm not in your position, but I gave up being in total hiding it was too hard on the system. Besides, if, say, my buddy Derrek joined up here tomorrow, not knowing I was on here and started posting, sharing experiences etc, chances are i'd at least be scratching my head. What i'm wondering is, if someone already really knows us well do you think they could "tell" from our posting [our style so to speak, along with familiar stuff] it would be us? I've always wondered that... but then why are they here?

I dunno.. too much too deep, I just wondered what everyone looked like :? So far we seem like a handsome bunch :o

I don't think someone who knew me in real life would recognize my writing and think it was me. I have meticulously left phrases out of my writing that I use in actual conversation and few if any would know the details of my personal life that I have expressed here, because I am very guarded in real life. However, someone aware of misogynistic attitudes might think it sounds kinda like me, or like LOTS of guys they know.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 am

J wrote:This is about as recent a picture of me as there is (to my knowledge). Just a crappy webcam shot taken about 2-3 months ago. Sorry it's small, I haven't installed photoshop on this laptop yet.

I have noticed a correlation between the photos and the type of posts people have. People with positive happy fun upbeat photos, seem to post that way, people with defiant photos post that way, people with dark and troubled photos seem to post that way. Maybe happiness is nothing more than a great head shot.... :wink:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:11 am

I still look like that guy

<<<<<<
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby chidiver » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 am

Pre-coffee and looking grumpy as usual.

chidiver
Veteran Member

Postby doctor dan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am

Eso es yo. Por favor, ¡no vomite!

doctor dan

Postby Phoenix6570 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 am

Figured I would show a funny one my friends took of me when I was up at school.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Screamer wrote:I like, I like, I like

My features are currently unavailable for political reasons. Probably not your cup of tea - big deal.

I've never felt scared showing my mug on here.

Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby onut » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 pm

doctor dan wrote:Eso es yo. Por favor, ¡no vomite!

You're in America now, speak American!

:lol:
Tams I'll call ya back later, the boss is being a real Catch U Next Tuesday.
onut

Postby devilnuts » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:21 pm

onut wrote:Me and one of my hags at Gay Days at Disneyland last October. The beard is gone and the goatee is back (after seeing pictures with the beard I said uh uh, me no likey).

Which one are you again? The one on the left? :twisted: :P
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby J » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:17 pm

I have noticed a correlation between the photos and the type of posts people have. People with positive happy fun upbeat photos, seem to post that way, people with defiant photos post that way, people with dark and troubled photos seem to post that way. Maybe happiness is nothing more than a great head shot.... :wink:

So are you saying that I'm defiant or dark and troubled? I like to think I'm just an individual with nothing to offer to society really. Anyway, here are two of me taken this morning at the "T" stop. It was below zero and windy. Enjoy!

J

Postby Schlodesss » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:33 am

K, now if you are going to comment like that about others... then post up your own mug...

BTW Jeff's not a dark dude, there are pics of him somewhere from the SA get togethers that are really nice pics of him.. [someone find them]

dracuscalico wrote:

I have noticed a correlation between the photos and the type of posts people have. People with positive happy fun upbeat photos, seem to post that way, people with defiant photos post that way, people with dark and troubled photos seem to post that way. Maybe happiness is nothing more than a great head shot.... :wink: [/quote]
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:00 am

I'm not sure what alot of people offer to society.... :P

Hint to photographers: winter coats and sunglasses kind of defeat the purpose! Barfing up Pop Tarts....quite creative!
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby cloudy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Me and my new netbook. I'm not online. I use free wireless access points.

Visit me at http://butchboard.com

or you can read my book, online at http://TheShapeOfGod.com

let's see if this works, this time...

Last edited by cloudy on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"
T.S. Eliot
cloudy

Postby solat » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:24 pm

dracuscalico wrote:I don't think someone who knew me in real life would recognize my writing and think it was me. I have meticulously left phrases out of my writing that I use in actual conversation and few if any would know the details of my personal life that I have expressed here, because I am very guarded in real life. However, someone aware of misogynistic attitudes might think it sounds kinda like me, or like LOTS of guys they know.

Cripes. Talk about soldering the hinges shut and removing the closet doorknob from the inside.
solat

Postby solat » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:25 pm

cloudy wrote:Me and my new netbook.

Cloudy! You're a blast from the SA past.
solat

Postby edu999 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:23 pm

solat wrote:
dracuscalico wrote:I don't think someone who knew me in real life would recognize my writing and think it was me. I have meticulously left phrases out of my writing that I use in actual conversation and few if any would know the details of my personal life that I have expressed here, because I am very guarded in real life. However, someone aware of misogynistic attitudes might think it sounds kinda like me, or like LOTS of guys they know.

Cripes. Talk about soldering the hinges shut and removing the closet doorknob from the inside.

lol.
edu999

Next

Return to Users Forum