New, more or less

A place for newbies to introduce themselves. A place to talk nicely about other board members and share ideas.

Moderators: selective_soldier, Sconesss, Schlodesss

New, more or less

Postby trdsf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Hard to think of myself as new at *my* age, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

45, gay, straight acting by nature rather than by design. No fashion sense, unrepentant Deadhead, bassist, avowed atheist, and a golfer.

I do knit and crochet, but I make things like Dr Who scarves and plush Cthulhus and Daleks and DNA molecules and Lorenz manifolds. So what I make is usually weirder than how I'm making it.

Married briefly about 15 years ago, still best friends with my ex, who labels herself a fag hag and married me partly because we both thought I was bi and we were both only half-right. One serious relationship about eight years ago, which also ended amicably. Currently single and eternally optimistic.
"You think the humans think we are strange, you think?" -- Lattis to Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
trdsf

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 pm

GREAT intro! All you need is a flattering pic and you can score on any dating site.
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby trdsf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:44 pm

dracuscalico wrote:GREAT intro! All you need is a flattering pic and you can score on any dating site.

I been trying, but you can't be very flattering in 80x80 and under 6K! :D
"You think the humans think we are strange, you think?" -- Lattis to Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
trdsf

Postby dracuscalico » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:15 pm

trdsf wrote:
dracuscalico wrote:GREAT intro! All you need is a flattering pic and you can score on any dating site.

80" tall and 80" wide and making less than 6K per year could provide some challenges... :wink:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby trdsf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 am

dracuscalico wrote:
trdsf wrote:

80" tall and 80" wide and making less than 6K per year could provide some challenges... :wink:

Okay, where's the [Rimshot!] button...?
trdsf

Postby devilnuts » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Welcome! You can post an image that you have hosted somewhere. I think that was the kind of picture that was being requested. ;)
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby Screamer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 pm

I didn't understand the Dead or Doctor Who, but that's fine. I'd golf if I had any ability.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby trdsf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:33 pm

devilnuts wrote:Welcome! You can post an image that you have hosted somewhere. I think that was the kind of picture that was being requested. ;)

Something like this?

Still trying to make an acceptable avatar that fits your requirements, though... feh![/img]
trdsf

Postby trdsf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Screamer wrote:I didn't understand the Dead or Doctor Who, but that's fine. I'd golf if I had any ability.

If ability were a prerequisite, I wouldn't be a golfer. :D
trdsf

Postby devilnuts » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 pm

trdsf wrote:Something like this?

Yes! (Nice pic!)

Oh, and solat is the man when it comes to making avatars. Maybe if you ask him really, really nicely he'll share his secrets with you.
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:05 am

We likey!
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby trdsf » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:55 am

devilnuts wrote:Yes! (Nice pic!)

Thanks! Wish that wasn't five years ago... :D

devilnuts wrote:Oh, and solat is the man when it comes to making avatars. Maybe if you ask him really, really nicely he'll share his secrets with you.

Oh, I'll sort something out. One of my old LJ icons or something, correctly reduced. Probably my "DON'T PANIC!" icon.
trdsf

Postby DeckApe » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:40 am

trdsf wrote:

Time is like that, alas. It's still a good pic.

In fact, I think the best pic I have of me was taken five years ago too, and I can't even find the damn thing.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:45 pm

DeckApe wrote:
trdsf wrote:

Time is like that, alas. It's still a good pic.

In fact, I think the best pic I have of me was taken five years ago too, and I can't even find the damn thing.

Is that like "the one that got away?" :wink:
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:01 pm

In my filing system, it's more likely to have been turned into coal. :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby trdsf » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 pm

dracuscalico wrote:We likey!
I thankee! :D

The only real differences between then and now is a bit more grey and a different pair of glasses.

My dad called me on my last birthday and I was complaining that when he was my age he wasn't as grey as I am.

There was a bit of a silence, and then he said, "This is where I admit I was using Just for Men..." :lol:
trdsf

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 pm

trdsf wrote:
dracuscalico wrote:We likey!
I thankee! :D

The only real differences between then and now is a bit more grey and a different pair of glasses.

My dad called me on my last birthday and I was complaining that when he was my age he wasn't as grey as I am.

There was a bit of a silence, and then he said, "This is where I admit I was using Just for Men..." :lol:

Like father like son...hit up the 24hour Walgreens on the OTHER side of town... :lol:

(One thing I can say, I have never seen or heard of, as of yet, is a guy coloring his hair AT THE GYM.... :lol: :lol: :lol: )
dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Return to Users Forum