Is the NAVY the gayest branch?

Our military forum goes way beyond how hot military guys are, and explores in-depth those masculine men of the armed services.

Moderators: selective_soldier, charmcitywop, devilnuts

Postby Guest » Thu May 25, 2006 10:44 pm

From my personal experiences in the past, I would have to say it was the Navy.

There are either more in the Navy or
Navy guys are easy! :wink: :lol: :twisted:

Postby Smitty » Thu May 25, 2006 11:00 pm

Far from Flaming wrote:There are either more in the Navy or
Navy guys are easy! :wink: :lol: :twisted:

A Marine goes into a tavern and pushes his way to the bar. He looks at the sailor next to him and says, "Buy me a drink!" The sailor looks at him and says, "Buy your own damned drink!" The Marine replies, "If Marines did their own laundry and f'ed each other, I could afford to buy my own drink." And then the brawl broke out. :lol:
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George W. Bush, in a CNN interview. 12-18-00
Smitty

Postby Madcat » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:15 pm

Didn't get that one, but what the hell.

Anyways, for other reasons than bieng gay, the Navy'd prolly be the best place for me if I went into the millitary. Apparently you have to have 20/20 and not be on ritalin or that crap to be in the other ones. Well, hell, I'm on ritalin when I really need to concentrate, and I have 20/40 (though prolly more. I got better at the optometrists... >_> Never did well on any of that state-run POS) sounds like they'd let me in...
Nemo me impunae necassit.
Madcat

Postby Gaydudelaf » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:49 pm

Madcat wrote:Didn't get that one, but what the hell.

Anyways, for other reasons than bieng gay, the Navy'd prolly be the best place for me if I went into the millitary. Apparently you have to have 20/20 and not be on ritalin or that crap to be in the other ones. Well, hell, I'm on ritalin when I really need to concentrate, and I have 20/40 (though prolly more. I got better at the optometrists... >_> Never did well on any of that state-run POS) sounds like they'd let me in...

I took ritalin until age 12 and have been taking Cylert/Stratera since I was in my 20s. I don't know why they ban that.
------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

limited Personal experince

Postby mikojay » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:52 pm

Hi,

My dad was retired from the Airforce, and I was NROTC at university for two years. All I can tell you is that a LOT of man sex was happening at Naval Station in the 80's. No signs on the Air Force bases I visited. And I looked.
Michael

It is not important that we live, but how we live.
mikojay

Re: limited Personal experince

Postby Gaydudelaf » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:19 pm

mikojay wrote:Hi,

My dad was retired from the Airforce, and I was NROTC at university for two years. All I can tell you is that a LOT of man sex was happening at Naval Station in the 80's. No signs on the Air Force bases I visited. And I looked.

ROTFL!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

Postby mothe » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:18 am

Jay wrote:Selective Soldier: Thanks for that list!

Can I add one more to your Marines list?

Jeff Key is an anti-war activist and former Marine who wrote and performed in a one man show.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5151511340

that man is seriously scary. that's the behaviour and mentality that makes me scared like hell of americans.
mothe

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:13 pm

He's anti-war, anti-killing.

Why be scared of that?
Jay

Postby Donovan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:45 pm

Q: Is the NAVY the gayest branch?
A: Yes, because they are cruising all the time !
:lol:
The essence is not in the details, but in one's intentions. I may be a bit rough around the edges, but I have good intentions.
Donovan

Re: Is the NAVY the gayest branch?

Postby selective_soldier » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:47 pm

Jay wrote:I was wondering if the Navy is gayer than any other branch of the service. The reason I ask is aside from hearing that comment, I have an uncle who is flaming and he was in the Navy when he was younger.

Man, the more & more I encounter different banches at one given time, by in large, the Navy still stands out as having more gay people I've encountered tha any other branch.

I mean this is past the jokes & inuendoes spread about the squids. I guess it's sorta' understood. or comes as no surprise to anyone when a seaman comes out..
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby BostonGuy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:08 am

Gaydudelaf wrote:I took ritalin until age 12 and have been taking Cylert/Stratera since I was in my 20s. I don't know why they ban that.

From what I understand, it's because the military considers Ritalin to be a psychoactive drug. Based on how it works, they see it as altering brain chemistry, and the military doesn't want people with altered brains. It's the same reason, actually, that they refuse to take people who admit to using illegal drugs or some anti-depressants. I think the thought behind it is they don't want someone in the stress of combat, among other situations, if past drug use would somehow undermine his mental abilities or status at a time when doing so would be detrimental to his unit or a mission. That's what I heard a few years ago, at any rate. Has this changed any, or has anyone else heard other reasons for this stance?
BostonGuy

Postby mothe » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:47 am

Jay wrote:He's anti-war, anti-killing.
Why be scared of that?

it's not the anti-war thing... it's the "we have the power to change the world" stuff. arrogance at its best. I know what's best for you and I'll change you even if you disagree.

you go with guns and shoot or go with ideals and sweep clean, what's the difference? death is all
mothe

Re: Is the NAVY the gayest branch?

Postby Screamer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 pm

selective_soldier wrote:...I mean this is past the jokes & inuendoes spread about the squids. I guess it's sorta' understood. or comes as no surprise to anyone when a seaman comes out..

Yeah but when my semen comes out, it's all "I'm calling the police, pervert!"

I think the only Navy I encountered was during AIT. I think they had been drinking. I remember that and an especially cheerful Air Force chick, but that's not really enough to form a conclusion. I'll bet it's not really all that gay.
Screamer

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Well, I'm not for arrogance either so I see your point.

But maybe it's not always arrogance to think that we can change the world. Maybe it's just being hopeful?

Re: NAVY SEALS

Does anybody think there's a higher rate of gays there? I saw a tv special and they were STUDS. I'd love to fantasize, LOL.
Jay

the army is soooo gay

Postby jeff1967 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:39 pm

I went through Army basic and tech school before transferring to AF active duty. I've never seen so many flambouyant queens than in the Army. The AF would have to be second or third. Don't know much about the Navy but there were a few flamers in the AF too. I can't exactly explain how guys get away with being sweet in the services though I don't think it would fly in the Marines...
jeff1967

Postby GX » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:27 pm

:lol: I don't know about that. The Air Force just seemed full of girls...everyone of those AF pukes I encountered was just a pampered REMF.

I guess you never had the experience of being in a line unit...especially in the Cav.

Now some of the clerks...they were a little girly...but that's where those types tend to gravitate in any branch.
GX

Postby jeff1967 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:26 pm

GX wrote:Now some of the clerks...they were a little girly...but that's where those types tend to gravitate in any branch.

Don't forget the guys that worked in hospital jobs!
jeff1967

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:41 am

i believe the marines have the highest percentage of closet cases. i've seen this in hawaii when i was stationed there and have seen a large percentage of them online.
Jesse

Postby GX » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:04 am

Maybe that's why Marines say Ooh-rah all the time. That's the sound they make when they're taking it up the ass.
:lol:
GX

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:11 am

LOL. i need to find me a hot marine. i don't like that ooh rah crap. it's like chalk on nails or that metal on carpet. ugh!!!!
Jesse

Postby olywaguy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:15 am

I don't know for sure since I've never been in the military, but could it be there is a large number of gays in the Navy because a ship is such an isolated place to work. You're at sea most of the time and most of the people on the ship are men even though women have been on ships for a while now. There are not many outlets of entertainment to keep you busy on board I imagine. The other branches live and work on land have ready access to all forms of entertainment.

Just a thought
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Jesse » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:30 am

when you're on a ship you are busy 24/7. i never thought about another dude when i was at sea. hard to believe but it's true. it's kinda hard when you're working all the time. at least that was my experience.
Jesse

Postby Screamer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:35 pm

GX wrote::lol: I don't know about that. The Air Force just seemed full of girls...everyone of those AF pukes I encountered was just a pampered REMF.

I guess you never had the experience of being in a line unit...especially in the Cav.

Now some of the clerks...they were a little girly...but that's where those types tend to gravitate in any branch.

I didn't intend to be a clerk and didn't think I'd like at first, but eventually I ended up that way. Does the Army have gaydar?
Screamer

Postby GX » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:54 pm

There were a few obvious queens that worked the offices in division HQ when I was at Fort Hood. They swished abit and even sounded faggy...it was so out there that even the straight guys noticed(some jokes about the queers at HQ went around to keep us amused). Thankfully I never had to go there often since I spent much of my time in the field.

In the combat units...no. If there were any, they kept really quiet about it, because it would've been a rough time if they got outed as a butt pirate.

I did have a fling with another guy in my tank crew though :wink: We had to keep it really down low and almost got busted a couple of times. A few of the guys suspected and some mean comments were made but I just blew it off like there was nothing going on and it was just their imagination. It's definately not something i'd recommend if you're in the service because it just adds more problems and stress to the burden you've already got to deal with. On the other hand, if you don't mind being harrassed and the butt of jokes...then go ahead.
GX

Postby ElChico124 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:41 am

Where I'm at it's pretty even between Air Force, Navy, and Marines. Air Force and Marines come from a variety of career fields, but the Navy guys ARE ALL CORPSMAN! It's like the breeding ground for Navy queers!
ElChico124

PreviousNext

Return to Military Men