Is the NAVY the gayest branch?

Our military forum goes way beyond how hot military guys are, and explores in-depth those masculine men of the armed services.

Moderators: selective_soldier, charmcitywop, devilnuts

Postby Bramasole_iowa » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:47 am

Navy seems pretty hot here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CAfdSMuZjNE
Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest.
Bramasole_iowa

Postby BostonGuy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 am

Bramasole_iowa wrote:Navy seems pretty hot here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CAfdSMuZjNE

You're just full of the great videos! Thanks! :-D
BostonGuy

Postby Creature » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:46 pm

At age 25 I came extremely close to joining the Navy. I was down and out in New York and was about to be evicted from my apartment. I had talked to a recruiter and everything. The day I was supposed to go in, I was hired for a job. Funny how fate works, I now sometimes wish I had not gotten the job and had enlisted.
Creature

Re: Is the NAVY the gayest branch?

Postby kyrio » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:55 am

Jay wrote:I was wondering if the Navy is gayer than any other branch of the service. The reason I ask is aside from hearing that comment, I have an uncle who is flaming and he was in the Navy when he was younger.

I think I had a burning encounter with an ex-Navy here....

Gosh!

It hurt sooooo bad
kyrio

Postby dracuscalico » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:26 pm

dracuscalico
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:24 am

Notice how some of them have better hip pumping action than others. :D
Daknee

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 am

I don’t know if the Navy is the gayest, I can just say that they’re out there. [‘Family’]

Man… & surprisingly from my perception, the climate of military tolerance is becoming more excepting of ‘family’. & I gather it differs in different branches & regions soldiers serve[d].

Guys having pics of their boyfriends on Key Chains.

I’ve had more than one soldier come out halfway & toward the end of deployment. I get back, go to work, & more encounters with ‘family ‘who served.

Mind you, it’s not like there’s a big acceptance party they’re throwing here. I was just taken aback privately how the climate has changed from my 17 years of observation.

When I was pulling sick call, I was stoked at conversations I heard Marines & Sailors referring about a guy they all think is gay after he left the room. The overall chatter was “Who cares”.

Even better, 2 guys in a joking but no-frills serious tone, said At least we know where to get a b!ow j@b from when the girls are too stiff. :shock: I looked ahead, and pretended like I didn't hear when they quickly glanced back at me.
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby DeckApe » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:12 am

One of my co-workers is ex-Army. Shaved head, hooah, whole thing. I asked him point blank about the 'gay issue' in the Army. He stared at me for a moment, and said, "shoot. Good men is good men. Homosexuals in the Army are a way bigger deal outside the Army than inside."

And that was that.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:38 pm

DeckApe wrote:One of my co-workers is ex-Army. Shaved head, hooah, whole thing. I asked him point blank about the 'gay issue' in the Army. He stared at me for a moment, and said, "shoot. Good men is good men. Homosexuals in the Army are a way bigger deal outside the Army than inside."

And that was that.

A great quote and a keeper. Most of the politicians and the wing-nuts who use this now as a wedge issue conveniently found something else to do when it was their time to serve in the military. IMO, their opinions on the matter should be thoroughly disregarded. I served. And I recall that folks at the time sensed who might be gay, but as long as everybody recognized "unwelcome" advances from "welcome" ones...nobody seemed bothered by it, as long as the job got done.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby exairman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 pm

In my time in the AF I saw several guys who had a mountain of evidence against them, and only one of them was ever investigated, but that was the result of him being in a lot of trouble over other stuff, and they were just looking to kick him out as fast as possible. No one seemed to care as long as you did the work.
exairman

Postby Rico » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Someone recently asked me to describe what the sleeping quarters looked like aboard the destroyer I served on. Well, this is it:

In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Um, very hot and everything I imagined it would be like. Geez did I miss the boat as a youth.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Military Men