Twinkies

From Puerto Vallarta to Pittsburgh and all around the world you can discuss travel, eating and all around leisurely fun stuff.

Moderators: selective_soldier, devilnuts, solat

Twinkies

Postby Earl Butz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:19 am

No not those kind. Hostess twinkies. Are you sad that Hostess has gone bankrupt?

No more twinkies, ding dongs, ho ho's, Suzy Q's, etc...

This means your only option now for tasteless baked goods is the Little Debbie company of Tennessee. :(

I think this is absolutely tragic! :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Re: Twinkies

Postby DeckApe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 am

I can't even remember the last time I had a Twinkie. I'm probably responsible for the downfall of the company. I didn't even KNOW about the existence of chocolate-filled Twinkies until Friday.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:15 am

Never been much of a Twinkie fan but I did like their fruit pies especially their apple pie. It is a very long time since I had one though.

I think the failure of the Hostess company has to do with their failure to change with food trends. More people are trying to eat better and make healthier decisions. Today's young people do a better job of eating healthier than my generation. They just failed to adapt and change.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 pm

I understand that Twinkies are now back on the market (thanks to some Mexican Cartel or Conglomerate or something)... I just unpacked a box that I shipped to Europe 2+ years ago.....and lo and behold, there was (a) a box of Twinkies, (b) a box of Ho-Ho's (c) three bags of beef-jerky and (d) two packages of Oreos...All fresh as the day (or decade) that they were originally packaged. My European colleagues were amazed at the "freshness"...little do they know...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:01 pm

That's a little disturbing. Okay, a lot disturbing. It's the sort of thing that is really making me re-evaluate my food choices... looking to go a little fresher, a little less preserved, and try to avoid the high fructose corn syrup.

we won't discuss the cookies and doughnuts and bacon. :lol:
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Return to Travel, Food, and Leisure