The Pint As An Economic Indicator

From Puerto Vallarta to Pittsburgh and all around the world you can discuss travel, eating and all around leisurely fun stuff.

Moderators: selective_soldier, devilnuts, solat

The Pint As An Economic Indicator

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

I've travelled all over the world & have set up camp in several places for several years. One of the very scientific indicators to determine my "cost of living index" is the price of beer in the venue. This is a relatively complex equation ~ which is difficult to explain whilst typing on an iPhone...but it basically entails - how much do you pay for a pint (or a bottle) of beer at your local watering hole? Take home 6-packs from the off-license or 7-11 doesn't count...

Here in Holland, about $7.00/pint - reasonable...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: The Pint As An Economic Indicator

Postby Earl Butz » Thu May 10, 2012 4:15 am

I guess the beer companies here are falling on hard times. All the white people are getting old. Most of the young people I see now are Asians who don't drink beer. The sushi business seems to be booming, though.
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Guinness Fan » Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 pm

I've eaten a WHOLE lot of sushi while doing business in Asia...I find it tolerable, but only with a whole lot of wasabi & washed down with liberal amounts of beer...

Give me a medium-well done steak with a baked potato & a nice glass of beer & I'm happy...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Postby solat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:34 am

I went to the local a few months back. I think they were seeling beer for $6.50.

Love sushi. First time I ever had traditional wasabi was in a restaurant ages ago. I grabbed a spoonful and next minute I was on the floor trying to breathe.
solat

Return to Travel, Food, and Leisure