Double Down...

From Puerto Vallarta to Pittsburgh and all around the world you can discuss travel, eating and all around leisurely fun stuff.

Moderators: selective_soldier, devilnuts, solat

Double Down...

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:48 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this question - "Health & ifestyles" or "Travel, Food & Liiesure"..........

I was watching TV yesterday and saw an advertisement for KFC's new "Double Down" sandwich....I must admit it looked disgusting (my personal view - sorry to offend any fans of it...).

To quote from the KFC website; "The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!"

Have any of you guys actually tried this concoction - I mean "sandwich"?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Double Down...

Postby nimby » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am

Wow! You are in my head lately!!! First the smoking thread and now this...

Yeah, I saw the double down sandwich yesterday too and thought how revolting. And on the OLN network they have that Adam Richman on Man Vs. Food. Those shows really disgust me, when a guy has to scarf down a 10lb. burger topped with a pound of bacon and a box of mac & cheese (yes, on the sandwich!!!) . Like that show, Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. Those shows totally turn me off food. Yuck!!! No wonder why we're all getting so unhealthy.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Once I saw it I had to have it. I realize its absolutely awful for you but it tasted awesome! After eating it I was beyond full and didn't even want to look at a piece of chicken lol. I just wanted to try it and see how it was definitely worth the try but I couldn't eat that frequently.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby edu999 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Ick. That sounds disgusting.
edu999

Postby DeckApe » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 am

Not only does it look distgusting, it gives me chest pain just looking at it.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Return to Travel, Food, and Leisure