Quebec

From Puerto Vallarta to Pittsburgh and all around the world you can discuss travel, eating and all around leisurely fun stuff.

Moderators: selective_soldier, devilnuts, solat

Quebec

Postby backpacker » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Th BF and I are thinking about taking a weekend trip (Friday to Monday) this summer to Quebec. While the cities would be interesting we are thinking that the country would be more suitable. We will be driving and from what I found out on the net it would take about 9 hours to get to the Laurentides region. The plan is to drive and site see and stop for the night, camp or bed and breakfast (gay or gay friendly), that sort of thing then head back on Monday. I have been looking at the official Quebec website but was wondering about personal recommendations for routes, etc. Is it better/more scenic to follow the St Lawrence River and are there plenty of places to choose from to stop for the night that way?
backpacker

Re: Quebec

Postby nimby » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:44 pm

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/laurentides0.html

Nice choice, and exremely beautiful. We did the trip a few years ago with some friends, Thousand Islands, Ottawa, Montreal and Mt. Tremblant. We drove along the 401 all the way. Great scenery and local atrractions are easily marked along the highway. For superior service, use your best American accent to not be mistaken for a non english speaking Canadians. Enjoy. :lol:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:25 am

I've been to Montreal once. I was impressed. Lovely city. The Paris of North America....sort of.

I just researched the thousand islands on wikipedia....interesting. I always thought they were in Lake Superior. :oops:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 am

Haven't been there since I was young. Quebec City is nice and Montreal is pretty cool too. Civilization is mostly along the St. Lawrence River so going inland is like going into the bush from what I remember.... we're talking thousands of square miles of trees, trees, and more trees.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Return to Travel, Food, and Leisure