Windows Vista RC 1 Release Canadate Final

All things website and computer related have a new home right here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface, olywaguy, solat

Are you upgrading to windows vista, when it releases

Yes
30%
No
50%
"I don't know"
20%

Total votes : 10

Windows Vista RC 1 Release Canadate Final

Postby hardascole » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:39 pm

I have recently installed the new windows vista release final just before the product is put out in mass production for distribution...

Quick review, the code is alot cleaner, they have eliminated the OVER head and ram hogs, a lower end computer is able to run it now.

It's amazing how fast it is compaired to windows xp. and way more user friendly.

I'll post more as the weeks keep going...

Other wise, i sugest every one go to windowsvista.com and download the new version of windows for installation...

:D
My Website - www.HardAsCole.com
My Phone - (612) 605-9755
hardascole

Postby edu999 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Nope. I'll get Windows Vista when I get a new computer, if that new OS comes standard with the computer. Otherwise, I'm sticking with XP Pro.
edu999

Postby Donovan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:24 pm

I may buy a new computer when Windows Vista comes out. My laptop computer is only 13 months old, but I am not happy with the small LCD screen.
The essence is not in the details, but in one's intentions. I may be a bit rough around the edges, but I have good intentions.
Donovan

Postby BostonGuy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:34 pm

I won't have a choice on my work machine, but I'll stick with Windows XP on my personal machine for a while. I want Microsoft to get the first few major glitches and security issues patched before I make the switch. Besides, I was just getting the hang of really working with XP. I don't want to toss all that aside. :-D
BostonGuy

Postby hardascole » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:47 am

VISTA REVIEW PART 1

After a few weeks of using windows vista, I have come to understand that it's the most stable release I have ever beta tested.

All my software and hardware work.

My computers have never been faster!
With all the XP updates, security software, spyware scaners, suits, and bull; I'm suprised I didn't notice how slow my 3 month old system had gotten!
Vista has all that software and some built in, so nothing buggy from a third party throw it together really quick to market it, and hog all the ram. LOL RUN ON!

They have done some amazing things with this release! It can be simple or complex for those who like eather, I have it set to simple, no buttons and bull all over the place!

Aero is very nice, but I don't use it. I wish they had more themes for the basic theme, I don't really care for the purple blue color.

it's now less than a month before it's released to companies like dell, gateway, and others for distribution among new pcs. That will be coming out in spring 2007. The updated release of RC1 is fully ready for full time use.

I have yet to run into a problem.

I have how ever read many people who are using pirated versions; who are having trouble but scream and cry like they have a legit copy. Particulary a few people banned by microsoft for asking for support among cracked versions.

Now RC1, as many already know; is available for public download. But I warn you it will deactivate if you use- daemon tools, force glass cracks, modified system tweaks, and activation / deactivation cracks. After that microsoft renders the only vista key they give you useless. (Mind you they also have your information after you submited your application for download, Advice don't do it, they are tracking)

Microsoft debates but it has been said at a few MSDN meetings, that microsoft is giving free final release copies to those who fully complete the feedback and tests on the beta reporting side.

I have tested 4 previous release of vista, from the first beta of longhorn. The over head, CPU and RAM usage has been extreamly lowered from the pre release betas. RC1 is about 6x better then XP in it's current RC status.

In order to fully test the abilites of the security. I went to site I knew would install background sypware, hijack software, and adaware, only to find the sites fully unsucessful with the new HI end intergraded security! From full system halts, to system restores before startup. Warning that a AUTO script is found in the code of web sites, to many other great new ideas.

I had my douts, and nags about VISTA, dissliked the idea all the way up untill my recent testing of RC1, and was ready to switch to a macs in jan 2007.
My eyes have been opened! I don't think this is going to be a bad thing, the software better and faster, more stable, and I can live with it. WITH JOY!

This is part one of my review!
My Website - www.HardAsCole.com
My Phone - (612) 605-9755
hardascole

Postby ulfurinn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:36 pm

hardascole wrote:it will deactivate if you use daemon tools

To hell with it then.

Not that I trust Microsoft enough to install a pre-final operating system from them :roll:
We are that which didn't kill us.
ulfurinn

Postby devilnuts » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:40 pm

I'm with edu on this one. I'm not going to upgrade until I get a new computer. But as my home desktop is 3 1/2 years old, and my laptop is...well, ancient, it's probably likely that I will be buying a new computer not too long after Vista is out and about. From your review of it, it sounds too good to be true...hahaha. I'm seriously thinking of running Linux next time though. Now that I'm understanding software and programming a little better, I realize how limiting Windows can be.
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Re: Windows Vista RC 1 Release Canadate Final

Postby Cajun » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 pm

<rising from the dead.......>

So then - I've heard that Windows 7 can be installed onto a computer that is still currently running XP, skipping over the Vista iteration completely - since I've got two of those computers, would anybody recommend such a thing, and what would the specs need to be on the XP computer??????
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby ispeaktexan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Umm no thanks. Ill stick with Ubuntu Linux.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby furface » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Everything I've read says that it can be done, but there may be an issue with the hardware config and the amount of free HD space required.

MS recommends a 1GHZ processor as a minimum for both 32 and 64 bit versions. RAM of 1Gb for 32 bit and 2 Gb for 64 bit. Free HD space of 16 Gb for 32 bit and 20 Gb for the 64 bit. Graphics card that supports DirectX 9 and has 128 Mb on board memory. As an optical drive a DVD R/W drive is the minimum.

You may be able to install/run with slightly less, though I'm sure the performance will suffer.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby Preria » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:52 am

I'm waiting for Windows 8 release... Full I mean
Preria

Return to Web and Computers