Texting (not Sexting)...

All things website and computer related have a new home right here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface, olywaguy, solat

Texting (not Sexting)...

Postby Guinness Fan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:42 pm

It's probably a sign of the times, but I've noticed that more and more of my friends and colleagues are sending me text messages instead of calling and actually engaging in verbal conversation...Perhaps texting is cheaper than a phone call, perhaps they don't want to interrupt me...perhaps they're not comfortable speaking English...I suppose there's a gabillion reasons.......

So, the question is, for a routine, run-of-the-mill type question to one of your buddies (i.e. free for lunch/drink after work/want to see a movie? etc)... Do you call or text?
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: Texting (not Sexting)...

Postby doctor dan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Text, text, text. And I am a bit ashamed that I get annoyed when one of my friends constantly replied to a text with a phone call.
doctor dan

Postby olywaguy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:27 am

I text also...especially since I no longer have a land line. I only have a cell phone now.

It is a lot less intrusive especially if you turn off the sound and have the phone buzz at you.

Sign of the times I am afraid. My mother's generation were all about letter-writing (and she still does that). I, on the other hand, am all about phones. I like calling someone and hearing their voice. Since I moved to WA State almost 15 years ago, I call my mom every Saturday just to hear voice and see if she's OK. For me, that's comforting. It also gives her some venting time especially if she had a bad week. Most of the time, our calls last less than 5 minutes. Nowadays, it is all about texting.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby nimby » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Yup, texting for me too. It's my main form of communication.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Return to Web and Computers