Online credit card billing

All things website and computer related have a new home right here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface, olywaguy, solat

Online credit card billing

Postby michaelk69 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 am

OK, maybe no one will want to admit to this, but there is a site that I really want to join . .. let's not worry about which one right now, lol ... but you have to give your credit cards details to something called Epoch . .. have any of you guys every come across it? And if so, do you have anything good or bad to say?

I've googled them and the reviews are pretty terrible . .. and the site ONLY offers a 'recurring' option where they charge your card every month until you cancel.

(and you can cancel anytime, but, well you can imagine how that could v. quickly end up being a nightmare)

Most of the reviews are saying "I never gave my card to this adult XXX site, etc etc, I am horrified!" .. and so 98% of them are probably lying, lol .. but even so I'm still a little wary .. but if anyone has had a good experience, you might sway me?

Anyone?
michaelk69

Re: Online credit card billing

Postby furface » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm not familiar with that particular billing company. However, I've had bad experiences with those sots of 'cover' billers. They are the 'plain brown wrappers' of the digital age. They are also persistent collectors and excruciatingly slow to respond to cancellations, inquiries, and refunds tend to be issued at the same rate as Italian tax returns are filed.

The only suggestion I can make is to get y'all a LOW limit credit card, one y'all can afford to lose the balance on. Use that like ya use a throw away email addy for surveys and such. Never use your major card(s) for this sort of recurring billing unless you're familiar with the site and the billing company.

Does the site access include a supply of keyboard condoms? :mrgreen:
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby michaelk69 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 am

hah haha, thanks FF ... very good advice as always ... I think I will stick with 'non-recurring' billing for now ... seems much safer somehow!!

(and haven't been burned that way . . . yet!)

Thanks!
michaelk69

Postby danny_harris » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:28 am

The main proposal I can make is to get y'all a LOW limit Visa, one y'all can stand to lose the equalization on. Utilize that like ya utilize a cast off message add for overviews and such. Never utilize your major card(s) for this kind of repeating charging unless you're acquainted with the site and the charging organization.

http://www.fetchflow.com/support/questi ... oices.html
Danny
danny_harris

Return to Web and Computers