Jesus is gay

All things website and computer related have a new home right here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface, olywaguy, solat

Jesus is gay

Postby butch » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 pm

I recently posted a "was Jesus gay" on my new YouTube channel and I'm certainly getting the hate-mail already.

But along those lines, here is a really fantastic song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPn35M4CLpI

You can check out my new YouTube channel by following the links on my homepage. Look for the link, somewhere on this page.

Hot and sunny in Vancouver this weekend, Gay Pride week coming up, fireworks 2nite and next week, too.

Come visit the rainy city (Vancouver) but come at this time of year if you want to see any sunshine. (It's July 25th, 2009 today)
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Re: Jesus is gay

Postby Daknee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Butch,
Great Song! I have to say I never even thought of the possiblity of Jesus being gay. Thinking about it I suppose it just as likely as him not being gay. Also there is nothing known about his life up until the time he was 30 or so. Hmmm wonder why? Could this be something the church supressed because he was? We all know the church has supressed so many other things. The bible does not tell me so! :evil:
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby nimby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm

From the Gnostic Gospels...

To you, therefore, I shall not hesitate to answer the questions you have asked, refuting the falsifications by the very words of the Gospel. For example, after "And they were in the road going up to Jerusalem" and what follows, until "After three days he shall arise", the secret Gospel brings the following material word for word:

"And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, "son of David, have mercy on me". But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered , went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan."

And these words follow the text, "And James and John come to him" and all that section. But "naked man with naked man" and the other things about which you wrote, are not found.

And after the words,"And he comes into Jericho," the secret Gospel adds only, "And the sister of the youth whom Jesus loved and his mother and Salome were there, and Jesus did not receive them." But many other things about which you wrote both seem to be and are falsifications.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So many contradictions arise between the old and new testaments, why not homosexuality as well?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:36 pm

nimby wrote:From the Gnostic Gospels...

"And they come into Bethany. And a certain woman whose brother had died was there. And, coming, she prostrated herself before Jesus and says to him, "son of David, have mercy on me". But the disciples rebuked her. And Jesus, being angered , went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand. But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence, arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan."

So many contradictions arise between the old and new testaments, why not homosexuality as well?

Exactly... it was the quote from the NIV Bible:

it is here (and you get to see me, too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfd9W32EhDI

Please... no hate mail, I'm getting enough, already.
Butch.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 am

Oh boy. Was Jesus gay? I have no idea.

I was not impressed with that "Gays disgust Jesus" video, though. I would send that guy hate mail but he probably can't read. :roll:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:51 am

Earl Butz wrote:Oh boy. Was Jesus gay? I have no idea.

I was not impressed with that "Gays disgust Jesus" video, though. I would send that guy hate mail but he probably can't read. :roll:

Yup... he's sending me hatemail. And he isn't the only one... those Jesus freaks can be VERY, VERY nasty. Go figure. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But I like attention (hey... I'm an artist. That's what we do... crave attention and want to express ourselves.) and don't much pay attention to the ignorant, nor idiots.

That's why I'm Butch.

:D :D :D
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby Daknee » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:23 pm

butch wrote:
Earl Butz wrote:Oh boy. Was Jesus gay? I have no idea.

Yup... he's sending me hatemail. And he isn't the only one... those Jesus freaks can be VERY, VERY nasty. Go figure. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But I like attention (hey... I'm an artist. That's what we do... crave attention and want to express ourselves.) and don't much pay attention to the ignorant, nor idiots.

That's why I'm Butch.

:D :D :D

I'm always amazed at the way those claiming to be Christian act. Very mean and spitful very agressive the exact opposite of what Jesus preached. :? Turn the other cheek people! :idea:
The Mind Is The Greatest Vessel!
Daknee

Postby JW » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Daknee wrote:I'm always amazed at the way those claiming to be Christian act. Very mean and spitful very agressive the exact opposite of what Jesus preached. :? Turn the other cheek people! :idea:

What do you expect from people that belong to a religion só deceitful, intimidating and intolerant as gristianity ? (With a g because that's what they call themselves here : gristians. And I refuse to write it with a capital g, they don't deserve that). Or any other religion really.
Áll religion is poison.
JW

Postby ispeaktexan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:35 pm

I've dealt with stuff like that my entire life, im use to it. I guess im tolerant. Hypocrisy isn't rare here. Well...i see it often. Especially from the people who preach to the whole world, the people who claim to truly believe, and truly follow....

But they really shouldn't behave like that...i wonder if they notice, or realize it.
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Postby butch » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:04 pm

ispeaktexan wrote:I've dealt with stuff like that my entire life, im use to it. I guess im tolerant. Hypocrisy isn't rare here. Well...i see it often. Especially from the people who preach to the whole world, the people who claim to truly believe, and truly follow....

But they really shouldn't behave like that...i wonder if they notice, or realize it.

Richard Dawkins, who is leading a revolt against religion, asking atheists to unite, was asked "what if he was wrong?" and he replied, in paraphrase,
that one's religion is completely dependent upon where one is born, what culture one is born into or what one's parents believe. The majority have no choice and adopt the religion thrust upon them.

People are afraid of life, and particular of dying. They aren't lining up... suicide bombers excepted, and they must be the truly dumbest of the dumb. Good riddance I say... except for the horrific consequences of their actions.

People need group re-enforcement of their reality and religion provides that and the idea that someone, somewhere is in charge. Why people are so drawn to worship a dictator beats me. I'd like to say they are all idiots, but it isn't true... they've been brainwashed into their faith and Stockholm condition has taken over their realities.

It took me a long time to realize... and I have a high IQ, it took me a long time to realize, and accept the idea that the notion of a dictatorial, or personable God is completely ludicrous. In Islam they quote "God is One" and the Hebrew religion says the same thing. It's a metaphor, I think, for the concept that the sum of reality is God. That said, God can not be a being, and all life is God.

YOU are God, sweetheart. Get used to it. Not quite what you thought it was cracked up to be, is it?
I wrote an entire book on the subject (and other related stuff).

Dat's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

The Richard Dawkins video is HERE.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Postby ispeaktexan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Well i see the reasoning...

I've been brought up to believe one thing. And i do believe i guess because i've taken so many classes etc. Im just not as into it as everyone around me. Its not that big a part of my life. And I don't think it ever will be. I will say i think religion helps some people who otherwise would be hopeless lost causes, but other than that i see it as a weapon of mass destruction.

I personally try not to talk about beliefs too much because of the fact that i want to avoid conflict. But as it is, i respect everyones opinion, and im sure by this time next year, or this time in five years, i won't be thinking the exact same thing. As I get older my thoughts, beliefs, and ideas change, and its normal...

But for now. Its not a big deal....
ispeaktexan
Veteran Member

Return to Web and Computers