Cynthia Nixon says it's a Choice

What's up in the news today? If it's newsworthy, it should be discussed here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, drtom, edu999, devilnuts

Cynthia Nixon says it's a Choice

Postby catapult » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Cynthia Nixon says it's a Choice.

Here we go again.

She says she lusted after men for a few years and now she's lusting after women. Or at least one particular man and now one particular woman.

The article I read cited studies showing women much more likely to switch hit than men.

I just know I never made a choice. Not sure whether Nature or Nurture made the choice, but it sure as hell wasn't me.
catapult

Re: Cynthia Nixon says it's a Choice

Postby Phoenix6570 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:04 pm

People who say things like that are foolish in my opinion. I would ask them if they chose to be heterosexual. If they answered yes then they're full of it. I never made a conscious choice to be gay just like they never chose to be straight. Maybe one day people will get it through their heads.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby sean304 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Have you guys seen Cynthia Nixon's lover? Looks like the Y chromosome is still in there. Could be she likes the feel of a man but with a woman's sense of intimacy? And it is so much easier for women to "chose" to be gay. Most men dig it and most women aren't threatened by it. Hell, even I like to see girl on girl action from time to time. Many people view lesbianism as cleaner. I think they're just picturing it wrong. 8)
Anyway, if I had a choice in the matter, I would have selected the road way more travelled. But it chose me and I'm finding this road a'int so bad either.
sean304

Postby nimby » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Phoenix6570 wrote:People who say things like that are foolish in my opinion. I would ask them if they chose to be heterosexual. If they answered yes then they're full of it. I never made a conscious choice to be gay just like they never chose to be straight. Maybe one day people will get it through their heads.

Jeez. You make it sound like a defect. "It's not his fault; he was born that way, poor dear." Um, no thanks. I have the right to choose where I live, what to do for a living, what I can eat, etc etc etc, why can't I choose WHO I want to share my life with. And I say, if there's a gay gene, then there's gotta be a straight gene too. I can tell you exactly when I chose to be straight and I can tell you exactly when I chose not no. There is a middle ground ya know. There is ALWAYS a middle ground on everything. Not everything is black and white. Until there is definitive proof, I'll continue to believe that it is a combination of factors, nature AND nurture, that determine who we love. Easy peasy. :)

http://www.mygenes.co.nz/PDFs/Ch12.pdf
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby catapult » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 pm

She cleared things up. Bisexuals have a choice - every day they can choose to be "attracted to" the same sex or the opposite sex. Can Homosexuals? We think not.

“My recent comments in The New York Times were about me and my personal story of being gay. I believe we all have different ways we came to the gay community and we can’t and shouldn’t be pigeon-holed into one cultural narrative which can be uninclusive and disempowering. However, to the extent that anyone wishes to interpret my words in a strictly legal context I would like to clarify:
“While I don’t often use the word, the technically precise term for my orientation is bisexual. I believe bisexuality is not a choice, it is a fact. What I have ‘chosen’ is to be in a gay relationship.
“As I said in the Times and will say again here, I do, however, believe that most members of our community — as well as the majority of heterosexuals — cannot and do not choose the gender of the persons with whom they seek to have intimate relationships because, unlike me, they are only attracted to one sex.
“Our community is not a monolith, thank goodness, any more than America itself is. I look forward to and will continue to work toward the day when America recognizes all of us as full and equal citizens.”
catapult

Return to Current Affairs