TSA & the body scanners...Much Ado About Nothing

What's up in the news today? If it's newsworthy, it should be discussed here.

Moderators: selective_soldier, drtom, edu999, devilnuts

TSA & the body scanners...Much Ado About Nothing

Postby Guinness Fan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

This topic is a bit stale ~ considering all the overblown drama about the protests, planned boycotts & uproar about the "invasive" body scanners that turned out to be much ado about nothing but made great "talking head" commentaries on the evening news last week.......but, just wondering what the Board feels about the new security measures in place at US airports.

Me; I travel all the time; both domestically & internationally ~ I have absolutely no problem going through whatever security measures are in place ~ from the Israeli stare-down/multiple question interrogation to the US TSA's "invasive" pat down or the new fangled body-scan...I understand the concerns & the difficulties in trying to thwart the badguys...At 30,000 feet, I want to know I'm safe, so I'll put up with the inconvenience...

PS - I heard a good one today; TSA: We handle more packages than the US Postal Service...
God Created Guinness To Ensure The Irish Will Never Rule the World‏
Guinness Fan
Veteran Member

Re: TSA & the body scanners...Much Ado About Nothing

Postby nimby » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah, well they didn't handle mine, the bastards. Last month I paid good money to fly to the states and nary a grope! I feel ripped off. Who do I complain to?

But on the other hand, I got my money's worth at my final destination, so best I just shut up. :P
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby madsglen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:41 pm

I think people are still confused that the 'groping' only happens if you elect not to go through the new scanners (or I think if you set off a normal metal detector), not for everyone. And given that there are a limited number of the new type of scanners available at every airport the possiblity that you'll get the grope is pretty limited. Since new technology is being developed all the time (and since policies and procedures are always under review) it could be this latest kerfuffle will be just a blip and soon people will have something else to complain about. Or if (actually, when) someone does get through with a weapon or another "underwear bomb" then the same people will be calling for the heads of everyone in sight saying we should do even more. If people would just get with the program, follow the rules and get on with it the whole thing would be better.

I just don't get those who are all worked up over this. If I do get asked to go through one of the new scanners and someone wants to take a look at the blurry image of my "junk', what the hell. No big deal to me. It's not like I get to see what they're seeing. And I've had the full "rubdown" in the past (post-9/11) due to some wicked hardware my cute and adorable (sigh!) surgeon installed in my leg years ago. I seriously doubt it was a turn-on for the guys who had to do the checking!
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek - Joseph Campbell
madsglen

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:27 am

Apparently some guy in San Francisco ejaculated when they fondled him. He had several genital piercings which set off the metal detector. Percy Cumming, a gay 47 year old interior designer, has been charged with sexually assaulting a federal agent. :shock:

http://www.deadseriousnews.com/?p=573
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:31 am

Oh that's a fake news site. I thought it was too funny to be true. Percy Cumming? :lol:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby edu999 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:16 pm

I kinda want to be selected for a pat-down, but only if the TSA agent is hot. lol
edu999

Postby Cajun » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:54 am

edu999 wrote:I kinda want to be selected for a pat-down, but only if the TSA agent is hot. lol

Back of the line bitch - and no cutting!!!!
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Return to Current Affairs