Dating Sites: Which Ones Are More Effective?

Talk about romance and dating, or lack there of.

Moderators: selective_soldier, olywaguy, solat

Dating Sites: Which Ones Are More Effective?

Postby olywaguy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am

Which dating sites are the most effective in getting you dates?

For me, it has been:

--Manhunt
--Gay.com
--Craigslist
--Fridae.com: though, I have gotten a lot of responses from guys, most of them live in the other end of the world...gay Asian site.
--Interpals.com: Again, met quite a few guys there but most live in the other side of the world as well.

Not so effective:

--Match.com: I had a profile here for years and never got a response from this site. I finally deleted my profile from here earlier this year after 12 years on the site.
--GCruise
--BiggerCity: only met one guy from this site and it didn't go so well.
--Facebook: a good place to meet or reunite with friends, not a very good site for dating.
--Hot or Not: Nope, no results from here whatsoever.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Re: Dating Sites: Which Ones Are More Effective?

Postby Earl Butz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:49 am

Gee I hear horror stories about Craigslist. They even made a movie about a Craigslist serial killer. Great place to buy a used lawnmower, though. :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:53 pm

I have no personal experience with any of those. Seems to me the better way is to let everybody you know and love and trust that you're in the market, and ask them to introduce you to somebody interesting.

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
catch me a catch
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your book,
And make me a perfect match

Matchmaker, Matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
Catch me a catch,
Night after night in the dark I'm alone
So find me match,
Of my own.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Davy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm

olywaguy wrote:Which dating sites are the most effective in getting you dates?

For me, it has been:

--Manhunt
--Gay.com
--Craigslist
--Fridae.com: though, I have gotten a lot of responses from guys, most of them live in the other end of the world...gay Asian site.
--Interpals.com: Again, met quite a few guys there but most live in the other side of the world as well.

Not so effective:

--Match.com: I had a profile here for years and never got a response from this site. I finally deleted my profile from here earlier this year after 12 years on the site.
--GCruise
--BiggerCity: only met one guy from this site and it didn't go so well.
--Facebook: a good place to meet or reunite with friends, not a very good site for dating.
--Hot or Not: Nope, no results from here whatsoever.

Manhunt : I've never had any luck with that site. It's mostly a hookup hangout.
Adam4Adam : See above
Gay.com : Probably the best out of all of the gay-only sites out there. But as it has social networking functions and chat, it can be kind of cliquish.
Craigslist : A public toilet stall wall in cyberspace. I have never seen any gay ads beyond "Bottom looking for top who wants to be drained". And that's not even the "Casual encounters" section.
Myspace : It's made fun of these days because it's so 2006, but it's not a bad place to meet guys who are a little behind the times when it comes to social networking. Plus, if music is your thing, it's still a great site with dating site style profiles.
Facebook : I agree. A good place to catch up on the day-to-day rantings of that cousin you might see once every few years or so, but not really a dating site.
Match.com : They are homophobic. If you post in your profile that you are top, bottom, or versatile, your ad is pulled and your account is flagged.
Straightacting.com : Not a dating site, but there are several guys here who have found "the one".

I guess at the end of the day, I have found online dating to be disappointing.
Davy

Return to Dating, Commitment and Romance