I Need Advice!

Talk about romance and dating, or lack there of.

Moderators: selective_soldier, olywaguy, solat

I Need Advice!

Postby JakeMIke » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

OK I'll try to make this as short as possible. This incredibly hot and handsome guy at the gym has been trying to tempt me (non-verbally) to join him in the steam room for some fun, but I'm not that kinda guy. Plus it's too darn hot in there - I can only stand the heat for about 30 seconds. We have been dancing around each other for months now. He does many things that make me think he is interested, but I don't know if he's looking to "hit it and quit it" or if he wants more.

What should my next move be? I'd love to talk to him and tell him what I will and won't do, or give him my business card and let him take it from there. It's driving me crazy and I think about him every day. I'm 54, by the way, and I feel like a teenager, that's how clumsy I am about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Re: I Need Advice!

Postby Rico » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Believe me that I'm not being voyeuristic by asking this (well, maybe just a little :wink: ) but what's he doing specifically that makes you think he wants you to join him in the steam room? What are some of the other things he does that make you think he's interested? Also, have the two of you actually said anything to each other? Those answers might help answer your question.

Regardless of what your answers are, I'm too conservative (at least at this point in my life) to do anything like that in a public place. I think it's safer to invite him for a coffee/beer/snack after the workout, and then see what's up. If he declines, then you're probably right, he might be just wanting to "hit and quit."
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Many a wonderful relationship started in the gym steam room. I say just go for it, but play safe. Nothing says hello like a hot hand job. :D
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby David » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:34 am

I wouldn't risk getting caught in the steam room. If you are really that interested in him, just wait by his car and when he walks out after a good workout just ask him if he wants a protein shake and take it from there...
David

Postby JakeMIke » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Great answers, but no sex in the gym, sorry guys, not my style.

As far as how do I know, he makes a point of following me in the showers, showing his body off to me every chance he gets. The first time, he left the locker room ahead of me and when I passed by the steam room he was standing, yes standing on the bench in the steam room looking out at me. Of course, he was in the perfect position for me to go in and well, you know.

Just found out that he asked my trainer for my name yesterday, even though I introduced myself months ago. He told my trainer how much progress I had made in the past three years, which he already told me. Perhaps he is now going to treat me like a gentlemen and invite me for dinner or maybe a protein shake, LOL!

Thanks, guys, and wish me luck. He's a hottie.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 pm

JakeMIke wrote:Great answers, but no sex in the gym, sorry guys, not my style.

As far as how do I know, he makes a point of following me in the showers, showing his body off to me every chance he gets. The first time, he left the locker room ahead of me and when I passed by the steam room he was standing, yes standing on the bench in the steam room looking out at me. Of course, he was in the perfect position for me to go in and well, you know.

Just found out that he asked my trainer for my name yesterday, even though I introduced myself months ago. He told my trainer how much progress I had made in the past three years, which he already told me. Perhaps he is now going to treat me like a gentlemen and invite me for dinner or maybe a protein shake, LOL!

Thanks, guys, and wish me luck. He's a hottie.

I wish you well. Ever consider inviting him for dinner or maybe a protein shake? Ever consider he might be waiting for you to make the first, overt move? Just thinking...
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby JakeMIke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Yeah, if nothing happens soon I will have to make a move.
JakeMIke
Veteran Member

Return to Dating, Commitment and Romance