Are there any monogamous men/couples out there? (Seriously)

Talk about romance and dating, or lack there of.

Moderators: selective_soldier, olywaguy, solat

Re: Are there any monogamous men/couples out there? (Seriously)

Postby olywaguy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 pm

MODERATOR NOTICE:

Burgos,

It is obvious that you have returned from your "vacation" from the Butch Board. It is also obvious that you haven't learned anything from the experience.

No personal attacks are allowed on this site and I expect you to abide by that rule. It is possible to criticize without attacking or sounding mean spirited towards others. Also, repeating the same attack in various threads basically constitutes spamming.

I do want you to remain here and contribute to the board but you are going to have to do it in a manner that it is not vicious and mean.

If you are incapable of behaving in such a manner, I will recommend banning you from the site.

MODERATOR NOTICE:
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Syn » Mon May 24, 2010 5:54 am

I think the problem with most gay guys is lust.. and that they don't love their partners enough to control themselves
which (to me) suggests that for most gay guys there lust for others is stronger than their love for their partner.

If I'm in a faithful relationship with someone I love...

And an attractive man makes advances towards me. I will turn him down.
Not because I'm "tied down" or "restricted" or "forced to"
It would be because the feelings my hubby gives me.. the feeling of love
is far greater than the insignificant feeling this stranger gives me.

But at the same time guys that do partake in casual sex while in a relationship are generally good people. Its just that I could never do something like that.

And why in the world is it soo hard to keep it in your pants? :lol:
Syn

Postby Davy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Butch, you really seem to be a "live life on life's terms" kind of guy. I really do respect that. I think maybe life would be a lot easier for all of us if we took some cues from you. That said, I have been in two relationships that lasted longer than three years and at no time did I ever feel the need to stray. I can't say the same for my ex-husband. However, at the point where he cheated on me, our relationship was basically over. We were together in name only at that point, but were no longer sleeping in the same bed. So it could be argued that it wasn't really "cheating". Monogamy does exist and just because you have a penis doesn't mean you have a biological need to stick it anywhere where it will fit. I have not had sex in at least 5-6 years. I am doing just fine (although my hopes are that will change in the coming months :wink: ).
Davy

Postby ToddJones081992 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 pm

I would give anything to find "that" someone. I am the kind of person who cannot stand the gay guys who basically act like girls - let me rephrase that - I respect them, but I just don't want to talk or date them. My dream guy would be just a simple man whose orientation is not easy to guess, and who is as loyal as can be. I am an extremely loyal guy, and honestly I would be heartbroken if I were to be in a relationship (long term) and my boyfriend/husband cheated on me. I consider love to be the epitome of a vulnerable state - I believe you have to compromise everything you have and completely let down your guard so you can embrace all the love your significant other has to give, or else the love will not be true (which increases the risk of infidelity). With that comes the risk of betrayal, which, when you let your guard down, can be the worst punch you have ever had to take. Even though I am just 20, I am SO hopeful I can find a good guy someday. My inspiration is Kevin off of "Brothers & Sisters" (lame, I know - LOL). That's the exact mold I would want from my future husband - caring, loyal, and honest. The ONLY thing that could ever hurt the relationship in my opinion is infidelity; if my future husband and I were to remain faithful to one another 'till death do us part, I would be the most grateful man on the planet.

So to answer your question, I am sure there are many monogamous relationships/marriages with gays. It is a matter of trust - if you truly trust your partner and feel that you can confide in him concerning every last aspect of your life and that he feels the same for you, then the two partners will be all their loving eyes can ever see - no one else. Wish me luck in finding someone like this! :D
ToddJones081992

Postby DeckApe » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:50 am

Todd, you'll find someone. And welcome to the board! I hope you'll find the place interesting and stick around. Please feel free to participate!
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:47 am

Todd, you'd be surprised how many guys found their partners right on this site. MANY! The site may seem a tad slow right now, but that's summer. There is so much info here on almost any topic. Snoop around and if you see a topic you like, comment on it and bring it back to life.

There are many, many straight acting guys around, much more than anyone would guess, but that's the hard part. They're hard to spot. How can we inentify eachother discreetly? Any ideas?
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Phoenix6570 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 pm

^ You could always use the earring trick if thats even still applicable. I remember hearing that if a man has an earring on his left ear thats a sign he's gay. I heard this a long time ago so who even knows if its true.
"As long as a person doesn't admit he's defeated, he is not defeated-- he's just a little behind, and isn't through fighting" ~ Darrel Royal
Phoenix6570
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 am

Phoenix6570 wrote:^ You could always use the earring trick if thats even still applicable. I remember hearing that if a man has an earring on his left ear thats a sign he's gay. I heard this a long time ago so who even knows if its true.

I don't think it is as applicable since some straight guys will wear earrings on both ears.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby DeckApe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:48 pm

And I was always told the right ear, so caveat emptor...
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't think the left ear, right ear thing counts any more. Nowadays people are piercing anything that wobbles a little. Scary.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Silent_Sean » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 am

Hello, my name is Sean.

I am a monogamous man. I am fifty years old and very quiet but loving. I have been so for my entire life. I think monogamous men are out there, but it is difficult to find them because we are not popular. I don't know why. I have always wanted to be married to one guy and he to me even before marriage was allowed for us. I guess these ideas were part of my upbringing. People were to become friends and possibly grow into relationships. If one was lucky, then a romance would form. We would be committed to each other and long to be together forever. I know this sounds like a corny idea nowadays with rampant promiscuity and one-night stands, but just as my parents wanted these ideals for my brothers, sisters, and me, I adopted them too even though I knew I was gay. I was fortunate to have been in a committed and monogamous relationship for ten years. Marriage was illegal then, but we wore wedding bands. He was a good man.

Monogamous men are here. I would imagine that a lot of introverts like me really want to meet one man who will be their special guy. Though it is difficult to search and even more so when being out in a crowd drains my energy, I will keep searching, I will keep praying, I will keep forcing myself to speak, and I will keep hoping that someday he will notice me and love will return.When I am not searching, I am just like everyone else. I am busy with work, exercise, hobbies, self-improvement, religion, volunteering, and whatever.
Silent_Sean

Postby nimby » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Hiya Sean and welcome!!

Hang around a little, tell us a bit about yourself and maybe, just maybe, your next partner is on here. Believe it or not, quite a few members here have found partners on here. It's not as active as it used to be, but I know lots of our members still check in once in a while to check the boards.

Cheers!
nimby
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Dating, Commitment and Romance