How does the Supreme Court work?

Enter at your own risk. There's bound to be some heated discussions in here about the elephant and the donkey.

Moderators: selective_soldier, drtom, edu999, devilnuts

How does the Supreme Court work?

Postby catapult » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

How does the Supreme Court work? Now that they've heard the legal arguments, do they discuss amongst themselves and then take a vote and then write the majority and minority opinions? Someone said, no they just vote and go their separate ways to write their opinions. It seems they have so many ways to go on these two cases that they would need to hash it out amongst themselves. Sure would love to be a fly on the wall!
catapult

Re: How does the Supreme Court work?

Postby olywaguy » Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 am

Everything you ever wanted to know about the U.S. Supreme Court.

Here's another good article.
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby catapult » Tue May 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks. I wanted to know just how much they talk amongst themselves. Probably varies with the different Courts and Justices. A friend had said they don't debate amongst themselves. I doubted that. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall?

"As they sort through these numerous legal briefs and the original trial and appeals court records, the Justices engage in private debate, argument and discussion. Once a fairly clear majority emerges in support of one side or the other in a case, a Justice (or Justices) writes and circulates "draft" opinions, or explanations of the Court's decision. Ultimately, a majority of the Court (five or more Justices) decides the outcome of the case and a final opinion is written and announced to the public."
catapult

Postby catapult » Fri May 10, 2013 4:20 pm

oly,

Wow, things are as quiet as ever on the SA board.

What other gay boards are good - for discussion - not just hook-ups.

And which ones are good for hook-ups?! :o
catapult

Postby Earl Butz » Sat May 11, 2013 6:49 am

Yeah I know. It's a shame we have all this technology but it has to be combined with old fashioned brains and conversation.

The straightacting facebook group has degenerated into daily beefcake pictures. :roll:

Okay back to dead silence. :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun May 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah, I liked the conversations on this board better too. The facebook thing just ain't happening for me. I think I'll quit it soon anyway. I'll keep coming here for as long as it lasts.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Tue May 14, 2013 5:57 pm

I miss the livelier days here, even if there were a couple of users I could've done without. I'm sure someone's felt the same way about me. :lol:

Facebook is kind of interesting, but I don't feel the need to post--nor read someone else's posts--about their daily activities, bragging that they've tied their shoes or some such. And the bathroom is not for taking photos. Period.
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sun May 19, 2013 5:45 am

Well Catapult, I really haven't found any good gay chats where actual discussions happen (that is why it is so important to save this one) but there are plenty of sites where you can hook up with someone:

Craigslist, gay.com chat, grindr, hornet, jackd, scruff, manhunt, daddyhunt/mister, and so much more. Take your pick!!
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Return to Politics