Whats going to happen in 2013

Enter at your own risk. There's bound to be some heated discussions in here about the elephant and the donkey.

Moderators: selective_soldier, drtom, edu999, devilnuts

Whats going to happen in 2013

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:52 am

Ok guys! Get out your crystal balls (even if you are not in the US)! I am getting a little bit nervous with all these Republican candidates. I can't bear another 4 years with a homophobe in the White House. What do you think is going to happen after the elections in 2012?
------------------------------------------------------
Chip
http://www.myspace.com/chip_council
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
"Bring back the Frozen Chicken Position (FCP)"
Gaydudelaf

Re: Whats going to happen in 2013

Postby Earl Butz » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:02 am

Oh Lord. Ask me next year at this time. Too early to make a fuss. :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am

Isn't the world supposed to end (for real this time :wink: ) on 12/21/2012? If that's true, then I predict 2013 will be the year of the stink-bugs, because they are everywhere here in the mid-Atlantic, and nothing bothers them.

Seriously, my prediction is that the 3-G's (gays, guns and God) along with a bad economy made worse by unnecessary Republican-led austerity measures, will be used nationally by the Republicans like never before, and likely cause them to gain even more power. Why give up a good thing? If the Republicans take firm control of the government again, the middle-class will continue to shrink until it's no longer recognizable as a class. Oh, and the right to collective bargaining will be abolished. Universal health care? Fuhgettaboutit. Hurry up and die.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Rico wrote: Universal health care? Fuhgettaboutit. Hurry up and die.

Or you can just relocate to Canada. We're not perfect, but pretty darn close. :mrgreen:
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:45 pm

nimby wrote:
Rico wrote: Universal health care? Fuhgettaboutit. Hurry up and die.

Or you can just relocate to Canada. We're not perfect, but pretty darn close. :mrgreen:

haha dont laugh. You might remember that Dustin and I came damn close to emigrating to Canada!
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby nimby » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Who's laughing? I was serious. It's not so bad here, snow for skiing in the winter, heat and lotsa fresh water lakes in the summer, Poutine, Maple syrop, bacon, Molson and Labatts, and you can legally marry your dude. What more could you want? :lol:
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby olywaguy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:31 pm

nimby wrote:Who's laughing? I was serious. It's not so bad here, snow for skiing in the winter, heat and lotsa fresh water lakes in the summer, Poutine, Maple syrop, bacon, Molson and Labatts, and you can legally marry your dude. What more could you want? :lol:

When I was in the job hunting mode, I was looking at libraries in Canada because it does offer all those things including marrying your guy....of course, there is Tim Horton's. The only problem most of the jobs required fluency in French. I'd move to Canada in a minute....Oh Canada!!
Carlos

"I just want to suck his tongue out of his mouth !"--JPaul

http://www.askcarlos.com/
http://carlos-the-critic.blogspot.com/
olywaguy

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:33 pm

nimby wrote:Who's laughing? I was serious. It's not so bad here, snow for skiing in the winter, heat and lotsa fresh water lakes in the summer, Poutine, Maple syrop, bacon, Molson and Labatts, and you can legally marry your dude. What more could you want? :lol:

We got married in Canada (Thunder Bay Ont). They gave us a free name change because he wanted to take my last name and they knew the wedding certificate would nto be recognized in the US. When he died, I was told I couldn't see him before they took his body away because I was not family. They almost buried him in a mass grave for indigents because they didn't want to recognize our marriage or will. Florida has it in the state constitution that the state does not recognize same sex marriage or anything that looks like same sex marriage. The cremated his body that I slept with every night and didn't tell me until a month later. Then after I bitched enough, they sent me his ashes in a cardboard box. Bill of Rights vs Charter of Rights? I think Canada wins in my case.
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby nimby » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh ...my....God!!!!! :shock:

I am speechless. That is so wrong on so many levels. I'm so sorry.
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Gaydudelaf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm

nimby wrote:Oh ...my....God!!!!! :shock:

I am speechless. That is so wrong on so many levels. I'm so sorry.

Thanks man. Every time I see some prude bitch talking about how same sex marriage will ruin the institution of marriage my blood boils and I want to kick them in the head. I guess I am bitter and I am not a bitter person.
Chip
Gaydudelaf

Postby DerWanderer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:00 pm

I suspect 2013 will bring us another election that will not change anything for the better in this country.

Obama has not lived up to expectations, flat out lied to the electorate, like most presidents in my memory,and yet the Dems will probably be unable to come up with anyone better, so they will let him be on the ticket.

The Republican candidate will be no better, almost assuredly being some right-wing wacko who can come off sounding like a moderate while still appealing to the religious right who vote in lockstep like a herd of lemmings.

Once again, the vote will come down to a "lesser of two evils" choice, and we will have four more years with little to look forward too...

More broken promises, an economic recovery hampered by special interest groups with deep pockets and no one with enough political spine to make unpopular decisions that might actually yield results.
DerWanderer

Postby Schlodesss » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Gaydudelaf wrote:

We got married in Canada (Thunder Bay Ont). They gave us a free name change because he wanted to take my last name and they knew the wedding certificate would nto be recognized in the US. When he died, I was told I couldn't see him before they took his body away because I was not family. They almost buried him in a mass grave for indigents because they didn't want to recognize our marriage or will. Florida has it in the state constitution that the state does not recognize same sex marriage or anything that looks like same sex marriage. The cremated his body that I slept with every night and didn't tell me until a month later. Then after I bitched enough, they sent me his ashes in a cardboard box. Bill of Rights vs Charter of Rights? I think Canada wins in my case.

:evil: Wow..
--------------
Schlodesss

Postby solat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 am

Gaydudelaf wrote:We got married in Canada (Thunder Bay Ont). They gave us a free name change because he wanted to take my last name and they knew the wedding certificate would nto be recognized in the US. When he died, I was told I couldn't see him before they took his body away because I was not family. They almost buried him in a mass grave for indigents because they didn't want to recognize our marriage or will. Florida has it in the state constitution that the state does not recognize same sex marriage or anything that looks like same sex marriage. The cremated his body that I slept with every night and didn't tell me until a month later. Then after I bitched enough, they sent me his ashes in a cardboard box. Bill of Rights vs Charter of Rights? I think Canada wins in my case.

The most compounding case for gay marriage or at least civil unions I'd heard. Sorry to hear you had to go through the loss of a partner while dealing with bureaucratic twatheads at the same time. Saddening to hear what you've been going through.

DerWanderer wrote: Obama has not lived up to expectations, flat out lied to the electorate, like most presidents in my memory,and yet the Dems will probably be unable to come up with anyone better, so they will let him be on the ticket.

What can you do when you're trillions in debt?

Internationally, it's refreshing to have a pres who comes across as reasonably capable. He's generally liked around the world.
solat

Postby DerWanderer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:12 am

Internationally, it's refreshing to have a pres who comes across as reasonably capable. He's generally liked around the world.

Domestically he's a laughing stock...

His great legacy will be the farce that is his idea of healthcare reform. It will cost trillions and accomplish nothing. It provides coverage for only some of the people who don't have it, doesn't fix the gaping holes in the system that let the rest just milk the system for all its worth, while driving up the premiums for everyone else. And of course it would be too much to expect that anything designed to help our veterans would be rolled into it....

I'm not saying his predecessor was any better, but the whole status quo these days just leaves you scratching your head.
DerWanderer

Return to Politics