Republican Hypocrites from the South 2011

Enter at your own risk. There's bound to be some heated discussions in here about the elephant and the donkey.

Moderators: selective_soldier, drtom, edu999, devilnuts

Republican Hypocrites from the South 2011

Postby Rico » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Oh...there are so many to pick from this year but I think the prize has to go to Gov. Rick Perry of Texas. What is it about these loud-mouthed, braggart Texans? Secede already! Good riddance! (present company excluded, Senor Moderator, you may stay.)

President Obama said in an interview with a reporter this month from Dallas WFAA TV: "Keep in mind, Gov. (Rick) Perry helped balance his budget with about $6 billion worth of federal help, which he happily took, and then started blaming the members of Congress who had offered that help," Obama said during an April 18 interview with WFAA reporter Brad Watson at the White House.

On Feb. 18, 2009, the same day Perry accepted the federal funds, the governor slammed the legislation as being "full of pork and special interest handouts."

More here if you're interested and have the stomach for it: http://politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/apr/24/barack-obama/president-obama-says-gov-perry-used-stimulus-fund-/

I wish the hell Texas would secede from the United States of America and join the third world where they belong. Good riddance! And I've had it with most other of these conservative southerners, regularly returning to government power the likes of Perry, and railing constantly against big government in Washington, but yet, they are the first to belly up to the public trough themselves. I've seen more gracious hogs during corn harvest.

Maybe next hurricane, oil spill, flood or drought, those of us who pay most of the bills and taxes will explain self-sufficiency to you.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Re: Republican Hypocrites from the South 2011

Postby Earl Butz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:05 am

I live in the Texas of Canada, and people here want to secede. Everybody here works for a living, but about half or more of the rest of the country is on welfare. Our "president" has centered his reelection campaign on what he calls "hard working families" and most of the country has no idea what the hell he is talking about! They all smoke pot and hang out at Starbucks all day.

I really think Donald Trump would be a great choice to lead the Republicans. A complete douchebag leading a party of douchebags. :P
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Postby DeckApe » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 am

Earl Butz wrote:I really think Donald Trump would be a great choice to lead the Republicans. A complete douchebag leading a party of douchebags. :P

The best comparison I've heard thus far is "Like Sarah Palin, but with bigger knockers."
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby nimby » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Earl Butz wrote:I live in the Texas of Canada, and people here want to secede. Everybody here works for a living, but about half or more of the rest of the country is on welfare. Our "president" has centered his reelection campaign on what he calls "hard working families" and most of the country has no idea what the hell he is talking about! They all smoke pot and hang out at Starbucks all day.

That is some funny sh*t, Earl. Best load of crap I've heard in a long while.
"Why do we have asteroids in the hemisphere and hemmorroids in the a$$ ? "
nimby
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Sorry about the stridency of the first post. And yes, many Democratic politicians are hypocrites too, but it's just that the Republicans seem to be so much better at it.

So you know I don’t have a personal grudge against Texas or Texans, I could just have easily picked another state, like Kentucky. Sometimes their politicians provide even better examples.

CARROLLTON — Shortly before Christmas, U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis called for fiscal conservatism while voting against a successful $154 billion extension of the economic stimulus package that paid for schools, roads, unemployment benefits and other items. These "unsustainable policies rely on excessive spending, endless debt and the promise of increased taxes," Davis, R-Hebron, warned.

The same day, Davis announced that he helped get more than $1 million for the Carroll County School District to expand its Head Start program for poor children. The money came from the stimulus he had just denounced.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/05/16/1266910/kentucky-tsks-but-takes-federal.html

Kentucky is currently represented in the U.S. Senate by the ultra-conservative Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. Their anti-Washington, anti-government rants are too numerous to mention. Yet they represent a state that is near the top of the heap in terms of tax dollars received vs. taxes paid.
Kentucky receives 1.51 per tax dollar paid to Washington. Ironically, states with the highest rate of return in this area tend to be consistently “red” states: Alabama (1.66), West Virginia (1.76), Alaska (1.84), Mississippi (2.02).

Marijuana production in Kentucky is interesting to look at too. Kentucky ranks 3rd nationally in terms of both retail and farm harvest…a multi-billion dollar, untaxed industry. But that's another story.
In the Beginning there was nothing, and God said: 'Let there be Light." There was still nothing, but you could see it.
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 pm

This is a funny vid because it captures the downright stupidy of the Republican party and the people who support these clowns. At the same time it's sad if only for what it might mean for America's future. Maybe we deserve it! It's our turn.

http://youtu.be/tN-drEG7wms
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby Rico » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 pm

My head exploded today! What a mess. So much hypocrisy from so many Republicans I can't stand it anymore. Maybe I'll check myself in to one of those Medicaid paid-for therapy sessions run by Michele Bachman's husband. Or maybe I'll attend the Texas dude's (GAYDAR ALERT.....DING! DING! DING!) upcoming religious revival.

Can any gay man here tell me why they would actually support the Republican party? I'm really curious. My natural guess is that it's mostly about economics, the selfish type, and F the social stuff, right?
Rico
Veteran Member

Postby jamaluddin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:42 am

Bush and Perry is same to me. Can anybody tell me whats the different between these tow? In fact may be Perry is more conservative then Bush!
jamaluddin

Return to Politics