Bank Tax

Enter at your own risk. There's bound to be some heated discussions in here about the elephant and the donkey.

Moderators: selective_soldier, drtom, edu999, devilnuts

Bank Tax

Postby butch » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Let me be clear. I don't like our Prime Minister Stephen Harper. I think conservatives are idiots.

That said, I'm proud of Harper for standing up to the rest of the world about a proposed bank tax.

Why should Canadians be burdened with yet another cost to bail out the rest of the world because they were too greedy to regulate their banks properly in the first place? Canadian bankers are a real pain in the ass to deal with. Trying to get a loan out of them is very difficult. They follow the basic rule all bankers need to learn: you don't ever lend money to people who actually need it. You only lend money to those that don't really need it so they can get richer and take the economy to a higher level. If they get richer, then we all do.

Anyhow, it really pisses me off this proposed bank tax... and the other countries aren't prepared to change their banking rules. They can go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned.
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Re: Bank Tax

Postby Earl Butz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:50 am

We already have a bank tax, don't we? They've paid out zero interest on savings accounts for thirty years, and even added service charges to some people. Banks are bigger crooks than oil companies, if that's possible. :roll:
A hard man is good to find!
Earl Butz
Veteran Member

Re: Bank Tax

Postby butch » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:45 am

Sat. 5 June... the bank tax idea has been shot down. Canada wins the gold. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You know it's going to be bad, but you just can't prepare yourself" ... Homer Simpson
I'm ready... are you?
butch
Veteran Member

Return to Politics