BAREBACKERS?? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

BAREBACKERS?? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM?

Postby Kingsley_Shackelbolt » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:38 pm

What do you think of there lifestyle?

What do you think of someone who chooses to live this lifestyle?

I know the average poster is likely to either bash,or criticize them,claiming there bad role models(when in actuality there is no rule or law stating they had to become anyones role model).Personally i am for anyone who is aware of the likely results,chooses not to deceive others.I always find myself questioning the hypocrisy in individuals criticizing them,calling there behaviors absurd,and ignorance to the risk of transmitting a potential deadly disease,when these same individuals are stuck in Popeyes eating foods that lead to the number 1 killer among many americans.
Kingsley_Shackelbolt

Re: BAREBACKERS?? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM?

Postby blackmet » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 pm

Kingsley_Shackelbolt wrote:What do you think of there lifestyle?

I know the average poster is likely to either bash,or criticize them,claiming there bad role models(when in actuality there is no rule or law stating they had to become anyones role model).Personally i am for anyone who is aware of the likely results,chooses not to deceive others.I always find myself questioning the hypocrisy in individuals criticizing them,calling there behaviors absurd,and ignorance to the risk of transmitting a potential deadly disease,when these same individuals are stuck in Popeyes eating foods that lead to the number 1 killer among many americans.

Hey, I won't deny it doesn't feel good. Until you're waiting for test results.

Smoking feels good too. So does eating a fattening dinner. So does drinking until you're drunk.

But you eating a 12 piece bucket of Fried Chicken each night does not transfer your fat cells to me. Drinking a lot does not transfer your drunkenness to me, nor does it cause me any issues unless you happen to cause damage to myself or my property while you are drunk. And hanging out in a smoky bar once, or even 50 times (chance of HIV while bottoming) or even 1300 times (chance of getting HIV while topping), is unlikely to give me lung cancer or emphysema.

I could care less about the role model part, but I've met a lot of guys who've became HIV+ just because they let their guard down for the wrong guy. Ask them how they feel about it.
We can sit for a while and talk about
The things that bring you down
Like heaven and martini's
And boys that hang around
If if told you my biggest secret
Would you promise me you'd stay?
It isn't what you're thinking
It's simple in a way
blackmet

Re: BAREBACKERS?? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM?

Postby Kingsley_Shackelbolt » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 pm

blackmet wrote:
Kingsley_Shackelbolt wrote:What do you think of there lifestyle?

Hey, I won't deny it doesn't feel good. Until you're waiting for test results.

Smoking feels good too. So does eating a fattening dinner. So does drinking until you're drunk.

But you eating a 12 piece bucket of Fried Chicken each night does not transfer your fat cells to me. Drinking a lot does not transfer your drunkenness to me, nor does it cause me any issues unless you happen to cause damage to myself or my property while you are drunk. And hanging out in a smoky bar once, or even 50 times (chance of HIV while bottoming) or even 1300 times (chance of getting HIV while topping), is unlikely to give me lung cancer or emphysema.

I could care less about the role model part, but I've met a lot of guys who've became HIV+ just because they let their guard down for the wrong guy. Ask them how they feel about it.

Wow,fried chicken is extremely unhealthy for a plethora of reasons,i have studies that confirm things that you would never guess.Try researching the hydrognated oils and its connection to cancer.

Anyways,you proved my point,we all have choices,the problem is when we criticize a choice that affects no one,when we criticize a choice of lifestyle when we ourselves have chosen a certain lifestyle.

Most guys i know that become HIV poz were just guilty of engaging in unprotected sex.
Kingsley_Shackelbolt

Postby solat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:52 pm

Here's a game you're obviously playing already.

Select your country and see if you and your mates can bareback your way up the ranking...
solat

Postby mijopaalmc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:56 am

Would those of you who are so opposed to barebacking ever do it in a committed long term relationship?
mijopaalmc

Postby Laiku » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:14 am

very unlikely, at least in my case
Laiku

Postby blackmet » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:23 pm

mijopaalmc wrote:Would those of you who are so opposed to barebacking ever do it in a committed long term relationship?

Yes, if it was truly committed and truly long term and we'd both tested as clean. I don't really have a problem with it in that case.
We can sit for a while and talk about
The things that bring you down
Like heaven and martini's
And boys that hang around
If if told you my biggest secret
Would you promise me you'd stay?
It isn't what you're thinking
It's simple in a way
blackmet

Postby mijopaalmc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:55 pm

blackmet wrote:
mijopaalmc wrote:Would those of you who are so opposed to barebacking ever do it in a committed long term relationship?

Yes, if it was truly committed and truly long term and we'd both tested as clean. I don't really have a problem with it in that case.

Thanks for clarifying. For a minute there I thought you had gone off the g0y end (at least with respect to barebackers).
mijopaalmc

Postby Screamer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:07 am

A few times I've almost said something here but stopped. Maybe it doesn't require comment from me. I will say it takes real imagination for me to understand the thinking when people are so casual about it. It's so opposite of my natural responses.
"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me"
Screamer

Postby Texas_Thang » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:13 am

Steve and I are in a committed relationship and this is our preferred method. That's all I'm saying.

Dedicated relationships have at least ONE advantage. ;)
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
Texas_Thang

Postby matinee » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:10 am

Hmm, I like it both ways and thinking of the doodoo in the kaka makes me squirm. What if you want to suck after a fu*k?
matinee

Postby DeckApe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 am

Depends on how nasty you wanna get, I suppose. For me, uh-uh.

Watch the movie Clerks II. There's a whole scene discussing the sexual etiquette of going "@$$-to-mouth," which that would essentially be...
DeckApe
Veteran Member

Postby solat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:58 am

mijopaalmc wrote:
blackmet wrote:

No problem for me either.
solat

Postby mijopaalmc » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm

solat wrote:
mijopaalmc wrote:
blackmet wrote:

No problem for me either.

That's the same for me too.

I was just getting the impression that people thought barebacking was totally off limits.
mijopaalmc

Postby kyrio » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:55 am

Perhaps we should keep being in a monogamous relationship then
kyrio

Postby selective_soldier » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:24 am

solat wrote:Here's a game you're obviously playing already.

Select your country and see if you and your mates can bareback your way up the ranking...

Progressive US is #10! :shock:
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin

Postby devilnuts » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 pm

Look at per capita...not total number...
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
devilnuts

Postby furface » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Yup, there we're #70 out of 148. It's better, but still 3X+ the UK and NZ. Why are some folks so damn foolish and/or supid? :roll:
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby devilnuts » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Oh, Lou, I didn't necessarily mean it that way...anything above 0 per 1000 is a shame. I just meant that when people look at numbers straight up like that, it is not always representative of the whole. :wink:
devilnuts

Postby furface » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:42 pm

I know. And you're right anything over 0 is a shame. And for there to be 78 co8untries, a number of them third world, to have lower rates is also a shame. We should be able to do so much better than that.
"Do not ascribe malice to that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance ... or incompetence."
Isaac Asimov
furface
Site Admin

Postby solat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:36 pm

furface wrote:We should be able to do so much better than that.

It's taking hold of the third world and gaining lost ground in the first.

And attitudes like the original poster won't be helping things much.
solat

Postby devilnuts » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 pm

solat wrote:
furface wrote:We should be able to do so much better than that.

It's taking hold of the third world and gaining lost ground in the first.

And attitudes like the original poster won't be helping things much.

Could you paraphrase the original poster's sentiments for me? I tried reading it once upon a time, but the spelling and grammar errors made my eyes cross. :P
devilnuts

Postby Cajun » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:45 pm

devilnuts wrote:Could you paraphrase the original poster's sentiments for me? I tried reading it once upon a time, but the spelling and grammar errors made my eyes cross. :P

There for Their - one of my all time pet peeves....... :x
"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."
Cajun

Postby solat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:00 am

devilnuts wrote:Could you paraphrase the original poster's sentiments for me? I tried reading it once upon a time, but the spelling and grammar errors made my eyes cross. :P

Sounds like way too much effort after a b*tch of a day at work :D
solat

Postby qwertz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 am

I hate barebackers.
qwertz

Next

Return to Straight Acting Men