The pill!

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

If u sould take a pill that could turn u a straight person..would u take it

Yes
5
15%
No
21
62%
I am not sure
8
24%
 
Total votes : 34

Postby medic » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:30 pm

I know the grass is greener theory but sometimes I think it would have been easier. marriage and kids and a nice house in the burbs is for me. being gay i know it is possible but not as likely given the majority of gay men and gay life in general. It would be nice to fit in and be one of the majority and just live. Fitting in more at work(FDNY) and having more in common. it seems like a sweeter life.
Then again would not be who I am today. I might be a complete a-hole who everyone hates. I might be bigoted and selfish and just a moron. I may not be as strong as a i am and have the integrety and good character i possess.
So take the pill..no. let me be who I am and deal with the lot God has given me. There is a purpose.

g
Dont let the bastards win!
medic
Newbie
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny

Postby Ben » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:55 pm

medic wrote:I know the grass is greener theory but sometimes I think it would have been easier. marriage and kids and a nice house in the burbs is for me. being gay i know it is possible but not as likely given the majority of gay men and gay life in general. It would be nice to fit in and be one of the majority and just live. Fitting in more at work(FDNY) and having more in common. it seems like a sweeter life.
Then again would not be who I am today. I might be a complete a-hole who everyone hates. I might be bigoted and selfish and just a moron. I may not be as strong as a i am and have the integrety and good character i possess.
So take the pill..no. let me be who I am and deal with the lot God has given me. There is a purpose.

g


Hey man, I practicly answer No too, but I can still see where you're coming from. You're not an asshole, or selfish at all. I think we all have thoughts like that every now and then.
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
User avatar
Ben
Member
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Indiana

Postby J » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:49 am

charmcitywop wrote:
J wrote:How about a "non-sexual" pill? You know, one that takes away all sex drive?


Yes. It's called marriage.


Dude, I'll bet you're absolutely right on that one!!! Haha....In my TWO "relationships" (the ones that lasted more than a month), I never wanted to.....well, "play around"......It felt more like a job than pleasure! Seriously! 8)
J
Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby qwertz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:11 pm

J wrote:How about a "non-sexual" pill? You know, one that takes away all sex drive?


No sex drive. I kill myself. What is life about if there is no sex drive?
qwertz
Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:58 pm

Postby J » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:25 am

qwertz wrote:No sex drive. I kill myself. What is life about if there is no sex drive?


No sex drive with "them" (the exes) I guess is what I meant by losing "s-x drive". Needy boring guys! Being asexual would have prevented any of that (though I do hold out a slight hope that there is a "perfect guy" out there for me, just not holding my breath on the subject). The best "partner" I have ever had has been my left hand! And he (well, it actually) has yet to let me down (literally!).

Being "right handed" makes it all the more intriguing...
:P :lol: 8)

PS, are you saying that there's nothing more to life than s-x? What about a tree? A lake? A High-def TV with a 7.1 sound system? Ya know what I'm getting at, or @! :wink:
J
Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:55 pm

J wrote:PS, are you saying that there's nothing more to life than s-x?


What, we can't say SEX now?? :lol: :P
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man...
User avatar
Ben
Member
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Indiana

Postby triumphtr2 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:21 am

HELL NO....ABSOLUTELY NOT!
triumphtr2
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: NE USA

Postby Terry751 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:25 am

How can I put this nicely: F--- NO!
Terry751
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:28 am

Postby Daknee » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 pm

I have to say I don't really know what I would do. One thing I have learned in life is the grass is always greener on the other side.
If you can take a pill to reverse the effect, then nothing ventured nothing gained.
User avatar
Daknee
Member
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Phoenix

Postby PhillyAgenda » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:58 pm

No way.

My answer would have been different several years ago, but I became content with it. I recognize that sure life would be easier in certain areas, but my answer is still no.
PhillyAgenda
Member
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: Philly

Previous

Return to Straight Acting Men

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron