Don't be Shy BOSS!

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

Do you have a hard time meeting a cool guy because you are so MAN in looks and demeanor?

yes
12
46%
maybe
4
15%
no, other reasons
10
38%
 
Total votes : 26

Don't be Shy BOSS!

Postby artmjb » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:54 pm

:wink: I get this all the time ....oooo I thought you were just a mean straight guy!
This makes it hard cause well I am bi and vers. wierd combo But I don't care I like sexual relations (within reason) . Most of the time I get the impression that people do get interested but because I am way mature above my age, maybe intimadating in looks people think it safer to just keep on walking. I must admit I don't like to go up to guys because I don't know how to pick-um. Not a clubber, bar hoper, or park stalker (i guess I should be one). :lol: I'm more the type that love to help, work-out (I need a workout-indoor outdoor partner), openminded

I'm missing out on a good chance to meet a guy that I can get into mentally ..yeah and phiscally!
[/img]
Just the guy that looks too straight to be approched or I look too mean!! I don't know I don't stay in the mirror all day!
artmjb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby Donovan » Wed May 02, 2007 2:09 am

That's a good observation.

But I think most people who are frustrated about not being able to meet other guys is not because we are shy; it's because we don't know if the other guys is gay or not.

Even if I am out-going and not a shy person, I can't just go up to a guy and say, "Hey, are you into guys?" Unless you are in a gay club/bar but I (and you) don't go to those places, so yeh it's more difficult to meet other guys. So even if you are cute and don't look mean, other gay guys may still be holding back because they don't know if you are gay.

There are several good looking guys in my school whom I almost thought might be gay until I saw their wedding rings. So it's always hard to tell.

By the way, if you are just talking about not being able to meet guys in general (for friendship) , then yeah, you need to loosen up a bit. :P
The essence is not in the details, but in one's intentions. I may be a bit rough around the edges, but I have good intentions.
User avatar
Donovan
Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby devilnuts » Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 pm

I actually used to get this A LOT. I don't know what the deal was. I mean, there was one time I went to a gay bar and they stopped me before I went in and told me it was a gay bar. Like I didn't know that. I told the guy I was well aware of that and he responded that he didn't want any trouble. Found out from a friend of mine later that the bouncer thought, "I looked like the kind of guy that beats up gays." LMMFAO. There's a type to that, eh? So, yeah, I've gotten that a time or two and I know of at least one chance that I missed out on because the guy wasn't sure. I found out later when his friend came over and asked me if I was gay. Friggin' A...you would think that if a guy is in a gay bar or at a gay event that it's a pretty safe bet that he's gay! lmmfao :roll: :twisted: :P
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
User avatar
devilnuts
Moderator
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby Texas_Thang » Tue May 08, 2007 12:40 am

There was one time in Minneapolis me and a female friend from work walked into the Saloon on Hennepin.

The "bouncer" who weighed all of 120 lbs says: "You do know this is a gay bar?"

My friend goes: "Do you serve drinks?"

"Yes"

"That's all we fuckin' care about." LOL.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
User avatar
Texas_Thang
Moderator
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:55 pm
Location: Where To Next?

Postby qwertz » Fri May 11, 2007 5:03 pm

devilnuts wrote:I actually used to get this A LOT. I don't know what the deal was. I mean, there was one time I went to a gay bar and they stopped me before I went in and told me it was a gay bar. Like I didn't know that. I told the guy I was well aware of that and he responded that he didn't want any trouble. Found out from a friend of mine later that the bouncer thought, "I looked like the kind of guy that beats up gays." LMMFAO. There's a type to that, eh? So, yeah, I've gotten that a time or two and I know of at least one chance that I missed out on because the guy wasn't sure. I found out later when his friend came over and asked me if I was gay. Friggin' A...you would think that if a guy is in a gay bar or at a gay event that it's a pretty safe bet that he's gay! lmmfao :roll: :twisted: :P


Once in Paris I wanted to go in in a gay dancing. I was not allowed. The guy told me there were only gays inside. I told him I had friends inside I wanted to see. He told me my friends would come and get me if I didn't show up. Finally one of my friends did come and get me after about half an hour. Another time I did buy a gay magazine and I was told I probably had mistaken myself and I probably wanted the other one: a straight magazine. The guy warned me at least 5 times I was buying a gay magazine. Once I came out a gay bar and there was a guy ouside telling me as a straight guy (sic) I was certainly right to leave there as there were only gays inside. One really wonders what people think about when they think about gays. I am not utterly masculine as far as I know.

In Turkey and Morocco guys will tell you they want to have sex with you because you are such a real man, a real straight guy. They would never have sex with a gay guy. I really wonder what they consider a gay guy to look like. In Morocco they even start with asking about your "gazelle" (your woman). When you have a "gazelle", but you left her home everything is OK, but when you don't have a "gazelle" they start hesitating. This is all so puzzling.
qwertz
Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:58 pm

Postby gvtire » Fri May 11, 2007 8:16 pm

In college I had a roommate that would tell me "you don't know what it's like to gay and have people hate you because of it." After he left the room my boyfriend at the time and I would have a good laugh. He never got the fact that I am gay. Even today I went to a Bears event out here and someone came up to me and told me that I didn't belong there, that this is a gay event, and "breeders aren't welcome", after that he got
done, I ripped him a new one that he won't forget for a long time.
FIGHT ON
BEAT THE BRUINS
gvtire
Moderator
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Nashville Tennessee

Postby Bellero_Shield » Sun May 13, 2007 10:58 am

HAAAAAA!

And you were hoping to pass through unnoticed!!!

Yeah right! :wink:

devilnuts wrote:I actually used to get this A LOT. I don't know what the deal was. I mean, there was one time I went to a gay bar and they stopped me before I went in and told me it was a gay bar. Like I didn't know that. I told the guy I was well aware of that and he responded that he didn't want any trouble. Found out from a friend of mine later that the bouncer thought, "I looked like the kind of guy that beats up gays." LMMFAO. There's a type to that, eh? So, yeah, I've gotten that a time or two and I know of at least one chance that I missed out on because the guy wasn't sure. I found out later when his friend came over and asked me if I was gay. Friggin' A...you would think that if a guy is in a gay bar or at a gay event that it's a pretty safe bet that he's gay! lmmfao :roll: :twisted: :P
To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment. Those who cannot do it will be destroyed upon the lathe of heaven.
Chuang Tzu
Book XXIII
p7
User avatar
Bellero_Shield
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Ventura, California

Postby Bellero_Shield » Sun May 13, 2007 10:59 am

So why did you leave your roomate twisting in the wind?

gvtire wrote:In college I had a roommate that would tell me "you don't know what it's like to gay and have people hate you because of it." After he left the room my boyfriend at the time and I would have a good laugh. He never got the fact that I am gay. Even today I went to a Bears event out here and someone came up to me and told me that I didn't belong there, that this is a gay event, and "breeders aren't welcome", after that he got
done, I ripped him a new one that he won't forget for a long time.
To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment. Those who cannot do it will be destroyed upon the lathe of heaven.
Chuang Tzu
Book XXIII
p7
User avatar
Bellero_Shield
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Ventura, California

Postby Bellero_Shield » Sun May 13, 2007 11:12 am

Oh man,

That reminds me of the time a buddy and I were at a Sunday Tea Dance at the Stud on Melrose in L.A. in the Seventies, we were having a grand time chit chatting with a bunch of guys one of which was over 6' and blond (very much like you) we were all pretty well lubricated so you could imagine everybody's suprise when an entire squad of firefighters comes in making a beeline toward the kitchen! Everybody's oohing and aahing about "What they could do with THAT" referring of course to their favorites among the firefighters. There was just one very odd thing, Mr. Tall blonde had squatted down on the floor like a reverse jack-in-the-box, we all thought there was something wrong with him or perhaps he had lost a contact lens. So my buddy Art and I got down to his level and asked what was the matter and that he was missing all the hot firefighters!

He said I know. They're all from the same engine company that I'm from and I don't want any of them to see me! They don't know I'm gay! :shock: :oops: :!:


devilnuts wrote:I actually used to get this A LOT. I don't know what the deal was. I mean, there was one time I went to a gay bar and they stopped me before I went in and told me it was a gay bar. Like I didn't know that. I told the guy I was well aware of that and he responded that he didn't want any trouble. Found out from a friend of mine later that the bouncer thought, "I looked like the kind of guy that beats up gays." LMMFAO. There's a type to that, eh? So, yeah, I've gotten that a time or two and I know of at least one chance that I missed out on because the guy wasn't sure. I found out later when his friend came over and asked me if I was gay. Friggin' A...you would think that if a guy is in a gay bar or at a gay event that it's a pretty safe bet that he's gay! lmmfao :roll: :twisted: :P
To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment. Those who cannot do it will be destroyed upon the lathe of heaven.
Chuang Tzu
Book XXIII
p7
User avatar
Bellero_Shield
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: Ventura, California

Postby devilnuts » Mon May 14, 2007 9:34 pm

^Oh, you didn't know...that WAS me...hahaha...just kidding. :wink:

Although I considered joining the ranks of the FD, I decided that working my current job afforded me a better schedule than firefighting...although I think I would really love that job. Especially fighting wildfires.
Supporting the troops shouldn't stop at the battlefield.
User avatar
devilnuts
Moderator
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:01 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Postby RedKen99 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:16 am

Men aren't exactly sure if I'm gay until I tell them I am. This makes it hard for me!!!
User avatar
RedKen99
Member
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Don't be Shy BOSS!

Postby selective_soldier » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 am

artmjb wrote: :wink: I get this all the time ....oooo I thought you were just a mean straight guy!
This makes it hard cause well I am bi and vers. wierd combo But I don't care I like sexual relations (within reason) . Most of the time I get the impression that people do get interested but because I am way mature above my age, maybe intimadating in looks people think it safer to just keep on walking. I must admit I don't like to go up to guys because I don't know how to pick-um. Not a clubber, bar hoper, or park stalker (i guess I should be one). :lol: I'm more the type that love to help, work-out (I need a workout-indoor outdoor partner), openminded

I'm missing out on a good chance to meet a guy that I can get into mentally ..yeah and phiscally!


I can relate to what you say here.. having said that, I've observed when a guy gets horny enough, he slowy works his way to letting you know he's intrigued :roll:
"Those who are most difficult to love, need the most love."

~OEF 2008- 2009~

Take care of each other. Differences & not.
selective_soldier
Site Admin
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:26 pm

Re: Don't be Shy BOSS!

Postby Schlodesss » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 am

Back in like 2003, me and my str8 buddy Derrek went to a gay bar in Windsor.. it bugs him I won't go out and "try" so I did and he agreed to keep me company...

We walk in, and some guy is finishing up at the pool table and so we walk over to it, put some coins in... and all the sudden I feel a bunch of poeple staring and like 10 people had gathered and we clustered together talking quiet and staring... then they sent one lesbian over.... I'm like w/e... and we start playing...

She looks at me and says "my friend wasn't done with that table". I said "well we thought he was he sunk all the balls and walked off.... sorry..." Her "well.. he's NOT." Me "well holy christ he can have the damn thing back if he wants... on our coins even jesus". Her "you know what kind of place this is right?". Me "uhh ya,,, it's a gay bar. I have been here a few times before...". Her "do you love eachother???". Me "well he's straight but he's been a good friend so yea I guess I love him <shrug> but I am the one who's gay...".. Her "oh well here, have a hug..". I'm like :? and hugged her kinda.. we finished our game and left... I don't think I have been back to a gay anything... bar/parade/etc since then.
--------------
Schlodesss
Moderator
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:38 am
Location: Lidsville, ON, Canada

Re: Don't be Shy BOSS!

Postby JustJack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Schlodesss wrote:then they sent one lesbian over....


You know you're in trouble when that happens. lol!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not your sport.
User avatar
JustJack
Junior Member
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Re: Don't be Shy BOSS!

Postby Schlodesss » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Yah lol, she came actually swaggering over like she was going to kick our asses and was all tough sh*t.

As I say, mybuddy Derrek was NOT gay, and I wanted to look at her, point at Derrek, and say "you go sit the f^&k down before I feed you to HIM... you'll never walk right again.". :roll: Then proceeded on with a pool game. I should hve it would have been good for lulz but there was more of them than us.. and... I didn't come to a gay bar to fight with other gay people, I went there because I am gay.. what the hell. :lol:
--------------
Schlodesss
Moderator
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:38 am
Location: Lidsville, ON, Canada


Return to Straight Acting Men

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron