How Hard do You Work at being Str8acting?

Discussion on what it means to be straight acting, whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

Moderators: selective_soldier, furface

Postby Texas_Thang » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Jeff I had no idea you'd had all that done. Speedy recovery to you from the surgery.
Resident of Many Places. Home in a few.
User avatar
Texas_Thang
Moderator
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:55 pm
Location: Where To Next?

Postby J » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 pm

Earl Butz wrote:Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, Jeff. :wink:

If I had nothing but time and money on my hands, I think I'd get my face lasered. I only shave every 3 days, but even then it's a pain in the ass! :evil:


Thanks guys!

The laser thing isn't working as well as I hoped. I still have strange looking patches that grow here and there. Mostly in the "goatee" area, the most painful area to "zap". If I was forced to grow it out, it would look real weird as I have about 50% "dead" areas and the rest is scattered unevenly. It wasn't too expensive at least. And I never get acne from ingrown hairs anymore, that's a big plus.

I'm recovering a lot faster than I thought I would. I will start working limited hours tomorrow and hopefully be back full time starting next week. I will be walking stooped over for another week or so, and I have to take it easy for a while. The abdominal muscles are pulled and stretehed and are very sore, and the skin has been cut off and "sewn together" about 2" below my "new" belly button. So it's real tight and sore there, and I'm still swollen, which should subside over the next couple of weeks. I have a lot of percocet and fentanyl patches which help, but it sucks being so opioid tolerant. Six percocets with a 100mcg patch (the strongest they make) to me is like 1 vicodin or tylenol/codeine to most people. My own fault. Once this is over, I want to go back to the methadone thing, wean off of it and be through with all that for good (except when I really need it- like now!).
J
Member
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby ProgPirate » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:45 am

I don't work at anything. I just act naturally, and it happens that the way I naturally act is nothing like a stereotypical gay guy. Admittedly, I'm not the pinnacle of masculinity either but I get hit with the "oh wow I never guessed!" every single time I tell someone I'm gay.
ProgPirate
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:19 am
Location: Pittsfield, MA

Postby Tygrrrr » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:51 pm

I hope that you have a speedy recovery Jeff.
Change you can believe in.

Translation - Pocket change is all you'll have left. You can believe in that!
User avatar
Tygrrrr
Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:25 pm

Postby masculinity » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:17 am

If you've to work hard at it then it means you're not masculine gendered really.

however, social codes of masculinity may not really reflect natural masculinity.

So, you may have difficulty doing things that are socially considered masculine (e.g. smoking or taking alcohol), however, they are not representative of true masculinity, so even if you have difficulty doing these acts you're still masculine.

If you're really masculine you can rebel against the social expectations of manhood, although it would be difficult if they impose social femininity on you.

The worst way to accept social femininity is to take on the 'gay' label, which is imposed on men who acknowledge their same-sex needs.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby foxeyes2 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:32 am

^ LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I really needed that today.
We are all one tribe. We are all one people.
Reduce Reuse Recycle
foxeyes2
Moderator
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:51 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Postby masculinity » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:02 am

foxeyes2 wrote:^ LOL! Thanks for the laugh. I really needed that today.

Well, you can afford to laugh, I can't. Because you're the oppressor and I'm the victim. You've taken away my freedom and that of the majority of straight men to be themselves, by insisting that we're gay. By making your own definitions and then forcing them on us, when there's no way you can justify these definitions.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Re: How Hard do You Work at being Str8acting?

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:23 pm

rovie wrote:Just wondering.

Like I consciously drop my voice a little when with blokes and call them 'mate' all the time.... and uncross my legs when I think of it but I think straight guys do that too.

Do you consciously modify your behaviour to appear straight or 'str8acting' - how far do you go? Is it to impress others or to feel good about yourself?


You can have your cake and eat it too. Be who you are, but just a different version of you. No one is the same person in every environment. The being aware of your voice and posture, that has nothing to do with gay or straight, it's just a combination of competitiveness and "pack mentality" amongst males. And males will make these kind of adjustments even if it's a bunch of female impersonators competing for dominance within THEIR pack.

I adjust my behavior to avoid social stigmas, depending upon the audience. (I don't appear feminine, except for having a beautiful face, but a little razor stubble cancels that out ) :lol:

Around Lesbians, or other women, who are nosey and bigmouthed with no discretionary concern for others, I am on guard more so than when I am around jocks. Women can destroy a guy's rep just by opening their mouths. Guys aren't as apt to point out if they suspect something about another guy, because people will say, "it takes one to know one".
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:36 am

masculinity wrote:Well, you can afford to laugh, I can't. Because you're the oppressor and I'm the victim. You've taken away my freedom and that of the majority of straight men to be themselves, by insisting that we're gay. By making your own definitions and then forcing them on us, when there's no way you can justify these definitions.


Oh boo, hoo. :roll:

Get your nose out of your bullshit pseudo-enlightened "Queer Theory" textbooks, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and take up residence on planet Earth. If you know who and what you are and you're secure in it, nobody else can make you feel "oppressed."

News flash: You're the one "making your own definitions," and the ones you're making are infantile and narcisisstic. The rest of us aren't "victimizing" you, and we're not responsible for your unhappiness. Get a life.

And if you choose to address this, I suggest you do it in something other than rambling, reguritated queer theory. I can't engage in debate with someone when my eyes are glazed over and my ass is asleep. . . .
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Troy, Ohio

Postby masculinity » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:13 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:
masculinity wrote:Well, you can afford to laugh, I can't. Because you're the oppressor and I'm the victim. You've taken away my freedom and that of the majority of straight men to be themselves, by insisting that we're gay. By making your own definitions and then forcing them on us, when there's no way you can justify these definitions.


Oh boo, hoo. :roll:

Get your nose out of your bullshit pseudo-enlightened "Queer Theory" textbooks, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and take up residence on planet Earth. If you know who and what you are and you're secure in it, nobody else can make you feel "oppressed."

News flash: You're the one "making your own definitions," and the ones you're making are infantile and narcisisstic. The rest of us aren't "victimizing" you, and we're not responsible for your unhappiness. Get a life.

And if you choose to address this, I suggest you do it in something other than rambling, reguritated queer theory. I can't engage in debate with someone when my eyes are glazed over and my ass is asleep. . . .

Queer rants. :roll:
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby masculinity » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:25 am

dracuscalico wrote:Women can destroy a guy's rep just by opening their mouths. Guys aren't as apt to point out if they suspect something about another guy, because people will say, "it takes one to know one".


I like the way you put the above fact, and I agree... guys will not point these things out... However, it is not because "it takes one to know one", but because, guys know subconsciously that we all do pretenses in order to fit into 'straight', and that even the social mechanisms work in a way that is meant to gloss over 'masks' that people use, even when they're very obvious. Heterosexuality works by validating the masks and everyone treating them as they are real. that is what gives them power. So men will ignore it... you can pretend to have interests in girls, and even when they know its all fake, no one will say anything. They will secretly guess your interest in guys and they will keep quiet about it -- but only as long as you respect the 'rules of straighthood'. If you rebel against them, they will be quick to point out and make your manhood 'suspect'.

Women, on the other hand, have no clue about the ways of manhood, and what really goes on inside of men. They take the image portrayed by the forces of heterosexualisation of 'men' to be real. And when they see anything that doesn't fit, they're quick to point out. Also, because they're quite unware of how this may harm or hurt the guy concerned -- as far as women are concerned, femininity is nothing to be ashamed of.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 am

masculinity wrote:Queer rants. :roll:


Whoa! Great rebuttal!!!

Whine on then, dude. It's your life. . . .

(Hope the term "dude" isn't too heterosexualistically phallocentric or some sh*t.)
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Troy, Ohio

Postby masculinity » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:23 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:
masculinity wrote:Queer rants. :roll:


Whoa! Great rebuttal!!!

Whine on then, dude. It's your life. . . .

(Hope the term "dude" isn't too heterosexualistically phallocentric or some sh*t.)


I think instead of getting upset about what I say, you can try to beat them intellectually by proving them wrong, if you're so convinced that you're right.

Because, otherwise, you seem to be just biased, trying to get at me for saying what you don't like -- but that doesn't necessarily make me wrong and you right.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:38 am

What makes you wrong and me right, friend, is the fact that you're going through life with your lip pooched out blaming everyone else for your own obvious maladjustment while I, on the other hand, am not. Hope that's succinct enough for you. . . .

I spent three years in the late 90s checking out the space-claiming, sweatlodge-attending, inner-wound-healing, Warrior Weekend Men's Movement crap. I got to know some of the founders -- Bill Kauth, Rich Tosi, et al. Your website describes a slightly different breed of the same dog. Hey, guess what? There's nothing new or groundbreaking about any of it. It is not "enlightened." It won't change the world or make a single man more "whole" or "complete." It's passive-aggressive, narcisisstic bullshit for men with low self-esteem and control issues out the kazoo. In short, it's a quick trip to Flake City.

If you're not happy with who you are, throw your "warrior energy" into growing up. Sitting in a group licking your wounds with all the other new age badasses is self-indulgent garbage. And BTW -- if you need society's approval to feel comfortable about yourself, you've got problems that have nothing to do with others.

Also, for the love of God, PLEASE learn basic sentence construction. I'm not interested enough in what you're saying to continue wasting my time deciphering your horrible English. Don't they have night school where you live?
Last edited by Pazuzu P. Sasquatch on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Troy, Ohio

Postby masculinity » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:45 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:What makes you wrong and me right, friend, is the fact that you're going through life with your lip pooched out blaming everyone else for your own obvious maladjustment. . . . while I, on the other hand, am not.

I spent three years in the late 90s checking out the space-claiming, sweatlodge-attending, inner-wound-healing, Warrior Weekend Men's Movement crap. I got to know some of the founders -- Bill Kauth, Rich Tosi, et al. Your website is a slightly different breed of the same dog. It was Flake City back then, and if your barely-coherent postings are any indication of what it's evolved into, it's gotten worse.

In short, I ain't buying what you're selling. It's passive-aggressive, narcisisstic bullshit for men with low self-esteem and control issues out the kazoo. If you're not happy with who you are, try growing up.

And for the love of God, PLEASE learn basic sentence construction. I'm not interested enough in what you're saying to continue wasting my time deciphering your horrible English. Don't they have night school where you live?


Again, I think instead of all that rhetoric you can take the points that I have raised one by one and show me how I am wrong.

You're obviuosly a feminine gendered male and so you fit into the 'gay' thing very well. But for you to judge others and say, if others don't fit into labels and spaces that you cut out for them (you mean the Western forces of heterosexualisation), it is their fault is a bit 'undigestible'.

If anything I have said so far is wrong, then you can easily show it to me. Obviously you're bothered enough to care to reply to my posts, so you can very well do so in an analytical manner. Just giving vent to your ire at what I say will not help you make your case.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one saying this, and that even in the West men have been saying this -- as you yourself have pointed out. That is more of a reason to think in the direction that there is something seriuosly wrong with Western concepts of 'sexual oreintation' and not with men who don't want to fit into the divisions created by it.
Last edited by masculinity on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:11 am

[quote="masculinity"
You're obviuosly a feminine gendered male and so you fit into the 'gay' thing very well.[/quote]

I own a small construction business and coach regional semi-pro hockey. I haven't set foot an a "gay" bar in years, and I have no "gay" friends to speak of. When you confuse being intelligent and articulate with being an empty-headed, effeminate bar queen, you're buying into the same crap that you constantly rail against.

All people like you are doing is trying to set up a paradigm that suits you personally and is every bit as arbitrary and oppressive as the one you're bitching about. The only difference is that yours dovetails with YOUR control issues, and anyone who doesn't buy into YOUR singularly enlightened worldview is not only part of the problem, but the cause of YOUR unhappiness.

Get over yourself.

(And no, I won't be addressing your rambling, pseudo-intellectual mush point-by-point. I actually have a life to tend to, and I prefer to do my jacking off in private.)
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Troy, Ohio

Postby masculinity » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:
masculinity wrote:You're obviuosly a feminine gendered male and so you fit into the 'gay' thing very well.


I own a small construction business and coach regional semi-pro hockey. I haven't set foot an a "gay" bar in years, and I have no "gay" friends to speak of. When you confuse being intelligent and articulate with being an empty-headed, effeminate bar queen, you're buying into the same crap that you constantly rail against.

All people like you are doing is trying to set up a paradigm that suits you personally and is every bit as arbitrary and oppressive as the one you're bitching about. The only difference is that yours dovetails with YOUR control issues, and anyone who doesn't buy into YOUR singularly enlightened worldview is not only part of the problem, but the cause of YOUR unhappiness.

Get over yourself.

(And no, I won't be addressing your rambling, pseudo-intellectual mush point-by-point. I actually have a life to tend to, and I prefer to do my jacking off in private.)


Well, if there's nothing wrong with those identities, then I would expect someone to answer the hordes of questions I have raised. NO ONE has been able to do it for the last two years.

If so many people are uncomfortable with these identities and they raise specific objections, then it is the duty of those who rally for those identities to answer their queries or just shut up. Because, its my life, and I want to choose what I want to be identitied as. At least I'm trying to be reasonable and raising specific objections.

If you're really comfortable with calling yourself 'gay', and if you believe you're gay, then why don't you go to all those gay bars you've mentioned? Obviously, you have a problem with them.
Last edited by masculinity on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby masculinity » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:43 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:(And no, I won't be addressing your rambling, pseudo-intellectual mush point-by-point. I actually have a life to tend to, and I prefer to do my jacking off in private.)

Obviously, you find it difficult to ignore what I'm saying.

Also, in my several years of work on this issue, I have not found one single masculine gendered guy who has not been positively moved by what I say. So, I'll find it difficult to believe that you're not feminine gendered but still are uncomfortable with what I say.

At least you are showing some discomfort with the gay scene.

No masculine gendered guy would ever fit snugly into the basically feminine gendered, third sex 'gay' space. Even if he can't really put this discomfort into words.

I have got so much support from masculine gendered guys on this forum itself.

More than the profession you're in, its the identities that you choose which tells others more about you. With professions, one could hide behind stereotypes. But you can't hide behind and identity that you choose.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 am

masculinity wrote:[If you're really comfortable with calling yourself 'gay', and if you believe you're gay, then why don't you go to all those gay bars you've mentioned? Obviously, you have a problem with them.


Yeah, I don't like gay bars much. Doesn't change the fact that I prefer dick. Which, in vernacular English, makes me "gay." There you go again, trying to define me in your terms. . . .

I'm uncomfortable with what you say for the same reasons I get uncomfortable with any dogma. I think the crap spouted by people like you is oppressive and damaging to people's need to think for themselves. Also, you don't stop with defining yourself (which it's certainly your right to do). You constantly define everyone else in your own self-serving terms. Most of us don't like being on the receiving end of that any more than you do.

And since you brought it up, here's why nobody's bothered addressing your questions in the past two years:

a) They're too flaked out to make much sense of.

b) People in general aren't interested in indulging some sad, angry person's need to feel important.

c) You don't articulate your views very well.

This is my last posting on this topic. My partner just woke up and I'm going upstairs to get all gay with him. . . . Then I'm going to go do some things that actually contribute to society.
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Troy, Ohio

Postby masculinity » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:
masculinity wrote:[If you're really comfortable with calling yourself 'gay', and if you believe you're gay, then why don't you go to all those gay bars you've mentioned? Obviously, you have a problem with them.


Yeah, I don't like gay bars much. Doesn't change the fact that I prefer dick. Which, in vernacular English, makes me "gay." There you go again, trying to define me in your terms. . . .

I'm uncomfortable with what you say for the same reasons I get uncomfortable with any dogma. I think the crap spouted by people like you is oppressive and damaging to people's need to think for themselves. Also, you don't stop with defining yourself (which it's certainly your right to do). You constantly define everyone else in your own self-serving terms. Most of us don't like being on the receiving end of that any more than you do.

And since you brought it up, here's why nobody's bothered addressing your questions in the past two years:

a) They're too flaked out to make much sense of.

b) People in general aren't interested in indulging some sad, angry person's need to feel important.

c) You don't articulate your views very well.

This is my last posting on this topic. My partner just woke up and I'm going upstairs to get all gay with him. . . . Then I'm going to go do some things that actually contribute to society.

You have nothing concrete to say on this except to pour your outbursts...

I have long discussions with people on various sites which got pretty hot and hectic... I mean I've been banned from several western forums for saying what I do... only because the gay chauvinists had no answers for what I've been saying... but they did engage with me for the whole year... so they could not ignore me, just like you...

The truth is that feminine gendered males will always, always defend the gay identity because it gives them the power.

I and several emerging voices are just asking to define gay for what it really is. So that it does't forcefully include us, when we are not part of you.

Take into account history of what consititutes gay today. Just because the English language defines Gay to suit you guys, it doesn't make it right.

In India we have the Caste system which is authorised by Hindi language through its definitions. Does it make it right. No, its still oppressive. But at least we accept it as an oppressive system, which we should work against.

So stop pretending that there's nothing wrong with your system of "sexual orientation" and "sexual identities". It is the most oppressive, stinking system the world has ever seen.
Last edited by masculinity on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby Pazuzu P. Sasquatch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:07 am

. . . and your whiny, angry B.S. is the alternative? No, thanks.

:roll:
When I was driving once, I saw this painted on a bridge: "I don't want the world. I just want your half."
Pazuzu P. Sasquatch
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am
Location: Troy, Ohio

Postby HoosierFuzz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:27 am

ProgPirate wrote:I don't work at anything. I just act naturally, and it happens that the way I naturally act is nothing like a stereotypical gay guy. Admittedly, I'm not the pinnacle of masculinity either but I get hit with the "oh wow I never guessed!" every single time I tell someone I'm gay.


Well said. I don't work hard at trying to "act" in any manner. I just go about my day being myself. That just happens to fit into the mold of str8 guys more so than of gay guys. Like you I am not a perfect 10 of masculinity, but most people would never guess me as being gay unless they've been given reason to think that (as in someone telling them, or them knowing me well enough to know i've not had a girlfriend since the 3rd grade). hehe

In fact, because people never know about me, I actually have started wearing a rainbow wristband at work as a low key way to let people know. Maybe some gay man struggling with his sexuality may see me when I'm on a call, and think to himself, "Well this cop here seems like a normal guy, and he's gay. Maybe it will be o.k. for me after all." I just see it as a small way for me to be a role model. Just by being myself, my naturally masculine self.
HoosierFuzz
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:54 am
Location: Muncie, IN

Postby dracuscalico » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:11 pm

HoosierFuzz wrote:
ProgPirate wrote:I don't work at anything. I just act naturally, and it happens that the way I naturally act is nothing like a stereotypical gay guy. Admittedly, I'm not the pinnacle of masculinity either but I get hit with the "oh wow I never guessed!" every single time I tell someone I'm gay.


Well said. I don't work hard at trying to "act" in any manner. I just go about my day being myself. That just happens to fit into the mold of str8 guys more so than of gay guys. Like you I am not a perfect 10 of masculinity, but most people would never guess me as being gay unless they've been given reason to think that (as in someone telling them, or them knowing me well enough to know i've not had a girlfriend since the 3rd grade). hehe

In fact, because people never know about me, I actually have started wearing a rainbow wristband at work as a low key way to let people know. Maybe some gay man struggling with his sexuality may see me when I'm on a call, and think to himself, "Well this cop here seems like a normal guy, and he's gay. Maybe it will be o.k. for me after all." I just see it as a small way for me to be a role model. Just by being myself, my naturally masculine self.


You have a really balanced outlook. You could probably lend a voice of reason to the Political arguement going on in the Proposition 8 forum....
dracuscalico
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Postby masculinity » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:11 am

Pazuzu P. Sasquatch wrote:
masculinity wrote:[If you're really comfortable with calling yourself 'gay', and if you believe you're gay, then why don't you go to all those gay bars you've mentioned? Obviously, you have a problem with them.


Yeah, I don't like gay bars much. Doesn't change the fact that I prefer dick. Which, in vernacular English, makes me "gay." There you go again, trying to define me in your terms. . . .

Incidentally these are not 'my' terms. The history of the Western concept pt of 'homosexuality', Its contemporary usage in the formal academic circles, in straight spheres and in the LGBT community itself shout itself hoarse that 'homosexuals' refer to effeminate, promiscuous males who like passive sex from men.

All men who are naturally masculine just sense this fact, irrespective of the so-called vernacular English definition that you use as a hiding wall for your effeminacy, and because your western society don't leave them much option they prefer to hide/ fight their sexual feelings for men, than acknowledge it and risk being called 'homosexual' or 'gay'. (Before you guys came on the scence, i.e. before the concept of 'homosexuality' was invented in the West, 'straight' men were never hesitant about accepting their same-sex needs.) . In fact that is why so-called gays defend the gay identity so much... because the formal definition hides the fact that you guys are feminine gendered, and this makes you feel falsely like a man. But the truth is you are not 'man' in any sense of the word, except that of vernacular English, which in practical terms is quite useless.
Gays are a different species altogether from men (and women). They're not "men who like men," they are "third gender who like men."

http://youth-masculinity.blogspot.com
masculinity
Member
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 pm
Location: India

Postby CollegePepper » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:30 pm

In response to the original post:

In high school and in the beginning of college I used to try extremely hard to act like the stereotypical "Strong, silent, unemotional" type. So in essence I drained myself of all my natural energy and personality.

By nature I'm a very gregarious and outgoing person and I"m sociable. And I figured out by the middle of college it was time to just be myself.

Instead of worrying about forcing my mannerisms into a stereotype, I've just been comfortable with who I am, while getting involved in more masculine activities that I naturally enjoy: playing sports, weight-lifting, enrolled in martial arts classes. And that's it.

Nothing profound. lol
CollegePepper
Member
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:10 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

PreviousNext

Return to Straight Acting Men

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron